Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ahahaha, first one to us!! where is the next one.. ellis park right?

ReputationRep:
    Seriously?!?!? I always wanted to play hockey!!!... But I wanted to play in goal...
    The thought of the pain jsut gets me going

I went during term time once, on a sat - tried to get the bus back. Try being the word... No way. had to skate up the park, adn through oxford street - which is AMAZING! Skating through there in teh evening is great
    As for getting faster? Thats just constant pumping with legs.
    Rock hard thighs

ReputationRep:
    Whats the box of matches for?

don't forget the basket and tassles....

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to take part in the 2012 Olympics maybe doing Kung Fu or Swimming... or anything I'm good at at the time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiempo)
    Seriously?!?!? I always wanted to play hockey!!!... But I wanted to play in goal...
    The thought of the pain jsut gets me going

I went during term time once, on a sat - tried to get the bus back. Try being the word... No way. had to skate up the park, adn through oxford street - which is AMAZING! Skating through there in teh evening is great
    As for getting faster? Thats just constant pumping with legs.
    Rock hard thighs
    lol I probably need to work on my flabby thighs they've gone soft from no proper leg exercise for ages! I missed a train from Paddington today because I didn't leave enought time to walk from the Albert Hall, and of course the Circle Line was shut. In hindsight, I would've easily made the journey on blades! Mind you I'd had a couple of pints and had a rucksack AND violin, so I probably would've fallen over about 283 times!

I've not tried night skating before, should be cool! Have you done/are you planning to do the London Night Skates at any time? Apparently those are really good fun, and if you put yourself down to become a 'marshal' at the event (aka wear a special reflector coat and go in front/behind the main group etc), you get heavily discounted or free speedskating lessons to turn you into even more of a demon skater than you already are!

ReputationRep:
    No way. I could never do the friday nigth skate! Some people I know do it, and they say its not as hard as it looks! But I first need to get some rec skates (with big wheels to glide over londons bumpy roads!) and then I'll think about it!!!

And as for drunken-night-skating
    If you are confident in holding your drink AND skating at night, I recommend it You will roll faster than you have ever rolled before

ReputationRep:
    In the final venus was serving on average about 110 or around that mark, in the men's game that'd be quite a slow serve.

Venus is **** compared to Tim. You people make me sick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    Well Tim is stronger than Venus, and a better player by a long way. So duh.
    Oh really that's why Venus has won wimbledon 3 time and Tim's never.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ace_justncase)
    Well then that must mean Venus is a better player :rolleyes: Firstly not winning a Grandslam doesnt make you a worse player than someone who has won and secondaly the mens game is ALOT tougher and more competitive than the womens game, as if you looked at the the top players who could win Wimbeldon theres were probably around 10-15 in the mens draw who could, compared to the womens which was fairly predictable and most of the time is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ace_justncase)
    Are you really that stupid?

Read the thread again. Men's game, women's game ... A WORLD APART. If tim henman was a woman (heaven forbid) he'd probably have won wimbledon for the last 10 consecutive years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stratomaster)
    Are you really that stupid?

Read the thread again. Men's game, women's game ... A WORLD APART. If tim henman was a woman (heaven forbid) he'd probably have won wimbledon for the last 10 consecutive years.
    LOL Rich

Venus Williams is more of a bloke than any male tennis players... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F170)
    LOL Rich

Venus Williams is more of a bloke than any male tennis players... :eek:

She's a woman? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    They serve at the same speed except Tim actually puts some spin on the ball. All the women's first serves are as flat as possible so to generate as much speed as possible. Any women's serve would be eaten up by the top 500 male player simply because it is so easy to read. If Tim served flat he would add quite a few mph to his serve but its pointless because it would make it so easy to return. No female tennis player would beat a top 500 male player
    I was taking the piss

ReputationRep:
    ok 2 questions:
    1) who would win in a tennis match (3 sets)
    2) who would win in a street fight?

ReputationRep:
    1) Grass and Hard - Henman, Clay - probably Murray
    2) Henman - Murray is weak

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    I was taking the piss
    You wernt the only one saying it though

ReputationRep:
    2) Henman - Murray is weak
    And Henman isn't? Give the kid some time anyway. Maybe he'll beef up a bit more. I agree that on clay Murray might win. Grass definitely Henman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    And Henman isn't? Give the kid some time anyway. Maybe he'll beef up a bit more. I agree that on clay Murray might win. Grass definitely Henman.
    I took it that he meant a fight at this moment in time. Not sure about the future

ReputationRep:
    Murray will be the greatest british player in time.....

and god he's fit !

ReputationRep:
    They serve at the same speed except Tim actually puts some spin on the ball. All the women's first serves are as flat as possible so to generate as much speed as possible. Any women's serve would be eaten up by the top 500 male player simply because it is so easy to read. If Tim served flat he would add quite a few mph to his serve but its pointless because it would make it so easy to return. No female tennis player would beat a top 500 male player
    lol! Just a little sexism there?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.