Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lol even my two yr old cousin could beat tim henman

ReputationRep:
    The next is in Jo'Burg on the 23rd... Ellis Park...

Wallabies to win, my goodness that win felt good. And Jean De Villiers was looking soo fiiine!

Dierent, I think you should be prepared to cry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    The next is in Jo'Burg on the 23rd... Ellis Park...

Wallabies to win, my goodness that win felt good. And Jean De Villiers was looking soo fiiine!

Dierent, I think you should be prepared to cry!
    Teehee.

ReputationRep:
    Henman without a doubt, im sure even if Murray was to achieve half of what Henman has done, he'd settle for that. People are getting carried away with Murray as he hasnt yet proved he can consistantly beat top players.

ReputationRep:
    although murray is a new tennis hero, don't forget he came close to beating david nalbandian, one of the top 10 players in the world a higher ranked player than henman, so i think murray would have every chance of beating tim in a match and he looks bigger than him so he'd probably be able to duff him up in a street fight as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    lol! Just a little sexism there?
    It's probably true though....this debate is silly - much as he wasn't, isn't and won't ever be good enough to win Wimbledon, Tim would beat a female easily.

It's not sexist, just the truth.

ReputationRep:
    I havent seen a bigger pile of crap in all my life. Venus Williams wouldnt have a chance mainly because women cant last as long as they only ever play best of 3 sets. Im not saying she wouldnt have a chance and she is really good but against a top 10 male player she wouldnt stand a chance

ReputationRep:
    murray. henman is a loser.

ReputationRep:
    Armstrong destroyed everyone today, Vinokourov is completely out of the tour now, Ulrich is pretty much out, the only people who present any sort of challenge is Rasmussen and Valverde, but I'm pretty sure Rasmussen won't stand much of a chance once the flat/time-trials come about.

ReputationRep:
    i went to centre parks and they taught you for an hour how to shoot. i was completly useless but had a great laugh. My dad kept winning the games we were playing and becuase i lost the bet that i owuld beat him i had to make the tea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_B)
    henman is a loser.
    no $hit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Henman without a doubt, im sure even if Murray was to achieve half of what Henman has done, he'd settle for that. People are getting carried away with Murray as he hasnt yet proved he can consistantly beat top players.
    And henman has beaten top 10 players consistently. Henman has won about 8 itles in his career, federer has won more than that this year.

Murray will undoubtably be a better player than henman, but currently a match would be close.

Murray would batter henman, henman likely to go 'jolly good old chap' after murray wacked him one.

ReputationRep:
    After the first one dayer I thought we had a hope. But today it suddenly dawned that we never have a fully functioning side.... batsmen who are impatient and bowlers who are inconsistent.

How do we rate this year's chances?

I reckon 3-1 or 4-1 to the Aussies with maybe a couple of washouts for weather or a battling draw. In my heart of hearts I'd like England to win the Ashes with Marcus Trescothick named Man of the Series with an aggregate 1103 runs from five tests and 3 wickets as well.

But I know it's a long shot

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, I think an Australia victory is inevitable. England look the best they've done for a number of years but it still won't be enough. The Aussies have so much depth in their attack that even if we took a few early wickets, they've still got the talent to post a huge score . I mean any team with Gilchrist is strong, but to be able to stick him at number seven!? That's madness! And then there's the bowling...McGrath, Gillespie, Lee and Shane Warne- easily the strongest bowling lineup in the world at the moment if you ask me

If we can snatch a test or two it'll be nice but if you ask me, unlikely

Michael

ReputationRep:
    3-1 to the Aussies. McGrath has Tresco sussed out, Lee has Strauss' number - England's batting has not looked up to the mark and to beat the Aussies you have to score big. The bowling is there but as starsailor points out, to have someone who has 14 test hundreds to his name coming in at 7, as Pakistan found out last year, having the Aussies at 93/6 does not ensure victory.

ReputationRep:
    3-1 with a washout which england were winning...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    3-1 with a washout which england were winning...
    It rains a lot in Manchester...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    ah that sounds promising

then we can all sigh and go 'if only the rain hadn't come'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Starsailor)
    Unfortunately, I think an Australia victory is inevitable. England look the best they've done for a number of years but it still won't be enough. The Aussies have so much depth in their attack that even if we took a few early wickets, they've still got the talent to post a huge score . I mean any team with Gilchrist is strong, but to be able to stick him at number seven!? That's madness! And then there's the bowling...McGrath, Gillespie, Lee and Shane Warne- easily the strongest bowling lineup in the world at the moment if you ask me

If we can snatch a test or two it'll be nice but if you ask me, unlikely

Michael
    i personally think we have the batting capability, but none of them hit form simultaneously. Tresco always seems to perform better after a whole load of media criticism about his crap technique and his susceptibility to good balls outside off stump, whilst Vaughan is also under loads of pressure.
    We get one good innings by a good batsman per game, which isn't enough to post a huge total unfortunately. It seems we're still far too good at the mid-order wicket collapse.

I thought Geriant Jones was supposed to be the next Gilchrist? He looked pretty good to begin with, but is appearing quite ordinary now. Mind you, he was raised in Australia, so he might know a thing or two about batting against them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    They should have had a Headingley test instead of Old Trafford for 3 reasons.
    1) Old Trafford will get rained off.
    2) You can't spin at Headingley for toffee, so Warne would be useless
    3) It's easy for me to get to

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.