Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oziris)
    Are there actually any fans of Championship teams on :tsr: :eek:
    I'm a Blade.

I was at Wolves and didn't expect us to make 6th spot (not been good enough all season) so it was nice to sit through a game not having to worry about the result.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    cool!

i have a new dry-suit and its ace! it doesnt leak at all!

i hate oppies - i sunk one of them twice (cos im too heavy :P)

i sail lasers, etc not too big but not too small

my main aim is to go as fast as possible

(Original post by daverave)
    cool!

i have a new dry-suit and its ace! it doesnt leak at all!

i hate oppies - i sunk one of them twice (cos im too heavy :P)

i sail lasers, etc not too big but not too small

my main aim is to go as fast as possible
    It's all about getting back to your roots (yada yada yada). Hence oppies, and my random infatuation with said boat/bathtub. I've turtled many a laser in my time. Some say it's because I'm mad, others because i'm lazy. Let me assure you, i'm both. :cool:

Needless to say, I got bored of toppers/oppies etc after a while. I get to sail skiffs, cats if i can be arsed to rig them. But my and my brother own a Merlin Rocket & Fireball, which we did up ourselves. Over a long time. And too much money.

Main aim: I still haven't managed to turtle a wayfarer yet? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    its an expensive sport this sailing aint it

i go through a pair of sailing gloves every month - either by loosing them or wearing them out. and the rest of the gear aint exactly cheap

ReputationRep:
    Forest til i die!

So gutted about the relegation

ReputationRep:
    Hello my fello sailing compadriates....

I have done quite a bit of sailing....and only ever sailed a bathtub once....and was far too big for it lol, sailed a topper and Pico a couple of times, but mainly Laser Radial, ironicly I teach kids to sail Picos and Toppers, my theory is single handers are roughly same, and the same principles apply....well....that my line and im sticking to it lol!

Have been doing more yachty stuff though in the last few years...and yes I agree It's rediculously expensive-it helps when your friendly with the local chandlry

Always wanted to sail an 18ft Skiff, but havent had the opperstunity-tho there is one at my club.

So anyone gonna go in for the uni sailing teams?

ReputationRep:
    The aim of this thread is to discuss the Lions team selections, tactics and other stuff which goes on about the tour to New Zealand...

ReputationRep:
    Who will win tonight?!

Yes, we will.

ReputationRep:
    Should O'Driscoll be playing tonight?

ReputationRep:
    No BOD shouldn't play - but im worried the Lions dont seem to be playing too well....need some more time together I guess.

Corry needs the drive into his prop a bit more if he wants to play at 6.

Cooper shouldnt step backwards so much!

Going to watch the 2nd half

ReputationRep:
    Woah that was not a good show by the Lions!

Thank god for Jonny!

Lions 25 - 25 Argentina FT
    Lions 16 - 19 Argentina HT

Att: 61,500

ReputationRep:
    Things to take from the match:

--> Jonny is on form!
    --> We need a tighter and more organised pack of forwards
    --> Not to play Shane Williams in a test match
    --> Make better tactical decisions

ReputationRep:
    Poor Form there Lions...you'll never win in New Zealand playing like that the All Blacks will walk all over you. Shane Williams is a reasonable player, but he's not good enough to counter the all blacks' style of play. Glad to see Jonny playing well though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hossy)
    Things to take from the match:

--> Jonny is on form!

ReputationRep:
    Smith to be the Test no. 12? Has to be strongly considered after a good performance tonight, whereas Darcy was poor.

ReputationRep:
    My Test Team

Test Forwards:
    01. White
    02. Byrne
    03. Jenkins
    04. O'Kelly
    05. O'Connell
    06. Hill
    07. Moody <--- Not Sure (Williams)
    08. Dallaglio

Test Backs:
    09. Dawson <--- Not Sure (Cusiter / Peel)
    10. Jonny
    12. Henson
    13. BOD (c)
    11. Lewsey
    14. Robinson
    15. Murphy <--- Not Sure

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think you can say much after tonight's game. Certainly the Lions test side won't look anything like that. However I do think that some of the Irish players let themselves down a bit. Woodward really doesn't need an excuse to pick 15 Englishmen in the test team so tonight won't help things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekha85)
    Those are pretty pro looking photos...

I think all horses are fine to jump (including QH) but I wouldn't expect to much from them. Their name gives away what they are best at and it dont say anything about being showjumpers...
    Lol. Over here the quarter horse is the most popular breed...people take it somewhat to seriously in my eyes...It's taken forever to get my foal registered with all the paperwork and DNA tests, etc. I've always wanted a warmblood, but my entire family has lived working with QH's. It took alot of persuading to get my parents to buy me my little dappled arab. I love him :p: I think I'll start my filly on show jumping next year...She has a nice figure for it... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hossy)
    My Test Team

Test Forwards:
    01. White
    02. Byrne
    03. Jenkins
    04. O'Kelly
    05. O'Connell
    06. Hill
    07. Moody <--- Not Sure (Williams)
    08. Dallaglio
    What about Owen?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.