Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rasta)
    I officially despise Arsene Wenger with a vengeance now! He's sold our bloody captain!

Plonker...Patrick wanted to stay, he's been with us 9 years, he's an excellent player and we can't afford to lose anyone in midfield - so, bright spark Froggy here decides to sell him for a paltry £13.7m leaving us with a midfield with an average age of 18!

Idiotic Arsenal...I don't care where they finish in the Premiership now, they've peed me off too much with such patheticness...the team ain't the same without old Trick. :mad:
    Don't I recall the goon missing him for the first part of the season and going on a clinical goal scoring streak? I personally think he is an overrated bully, diver and frankly the biggest cheat in EPL. Good riddance.

ReputationRep:
    Check the UFT!

ReputationRep:
    I think I'll stickie this thread a few days before the first Ashes match and unsticky the Wimbledon thread then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    so are u making money on bettings?
    Yeah small profits but only small stakes, currently working my way up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rasta)
    I officially despise Arsene Wenger with a vengeance now! He's sold our bloody captain!

Plonker...Patrick wanted to stay, he's been with us 9 years, he's an excellent player and we can't afford to lose anyone in midfield - so, bright spark Froggy here decides to sell him for a paltry £13.7m leaving us with a midfield with an average age of 18!

Idiotic Arsenal...I don't care where they finish in the Premiership now, they've peed me off too much with such patheticness...the team ain't the same without old Trick. :mad:
    Good because Arsenal dont deserve the support of someone like you. How can you despise Wenger. He has worked absolute wonders for the club with very little funds. He is one of the most knowledeable managers in the game. Do you think he would let Vieira leave if he didnt want to go? Dont be stupid. Pat wanted to leave...
    'I made the decision to leave because I felt it was time for me to have a new challenge. But that does not mean I was unhappy or that I was having a problem at Arsenal.

'It was just that I had the feeling I needed to grow and meet a new challenge, and I feel Juventus was the best challenge for me.

He's 29 and didnt have a great last season which is why the fee is 13.7m. Obviously I would like more be I feel its a reasonable offer. 'leaving us with a midfield with an average age of 18!' - Yeah Gilberto, Pires, Ljunberg? They were not 18 last time I checked. He's served the club well throughout the years but players have to leave at some point.

If you ask me your the pathetic one. Wenger has proven himself soo much and any true fan would trust him. But you obviously arnt one.

ReputationRep:
    so yeah you are questioning Wengers judgement? cos he doesn't have a lue when it comes to the transfer market does he?

he obviously has someone lined up as a replacement and there clearly is something wrong, the way he was hurried out is a bit suspicious(maybe tony adams was right when he said that Vieira wont play at the top level when he is 30 + because of his leg condition)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Yeah small profits but only small stakes, currently working my way up
    oh k. i m also going to cut the amount of money i m betting.
    so how r u making money?on arbs or on the one side bettings, like the one i did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    oh k. i m also going to cut the amount of money i m betting.
    so how r u making money?on arbs or on the one side bettings, like the one i did?
    Mostly one side bets but I do a lot of trading on betfair. Backing players at high odds and then when they are winning betting against them

ReputationRep:
    Mostly one side bets but I do a lot of trading on betfair. Backing players at high odds and then when they are winning betting against them
    i dont get the betfair system,lol.i just had a look at it one time and got confused, so gave up

ReputationRep:
    I think pietersen is a good, sensible player when its needed - he can score so prolifically even without the big-hitting boundaries, and he could be crucial in closing out deadlocked games.
    If flintoff is back on form though, that would be an amazing contest - his bowling has looked good, so if his slogging gets back on form it would be so so sweet...
    Maybe collingwood has a good shout of replacing bell aswell depending on how he perfoms - he's never looked too solid to me...he also has a bowling action which is IMO better than the underused one of bell.

ReputationRep:
    Good because Arsenal dont deserve the support of someone like you. How can you despise Wenger. He has worked absolute wonders for the club with very little funds. He is one of the most knowledeable managers in the game. Do you think he would let Vieira leave if he didnt want to go? Dont be stupid. Pat wanted to leave...
    'I made the decision to leave because I felt it was time for me to have a new challenge. But that does not mean I was unhappy or that I was having a problem at Arsenal.

'It was just that I had the feeling I needed to grow and meet a new challenge, and I feel Juventus was the best challenge for me.

He's 29 and didnt have a great last season which is why the fee is 13.7m. Obviously I would like more be I feel its a reasonable offer. 'leaving us with a midfield with an average age of 18!' - Yeah Gilberto, Pires, Ljunberg? They were not 18 last time I checked. He's served the club well throughout the years but players have to leave at some point.

If you ask me your the pathetic one. Wenger has proven himself soo much and any true fan would trust him. But you obviously arnt one.
    Totally Totally agree!

ReputationRep:
    AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Arsenal are gonna get relegated.

:dancing:

ReputationRep:
    £14m for a 29 year old?

I've seen worse..

ReputationRep:
    so who do you think will win the Open Championship in Golf?

ReputationRep:
    Patrick's stance recently has given off the clear message he wanted to stay.

Wenger's been foolish lately, he's looking to let Pires go but he buys this pathetic Hleb.

I'm not a true fan because I think he's made a ****-up? Er, yeah, not a great argument there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Yeh..it does? To be a good time-trialer you need lots of leg strength/anaerobic power, something you don't get with tiny little legs.

I think we can see that Vino/T-mobile aren't up to the job of beating Lance/Disco just from the show Disco put on during the first mountain stage!
    Nah... some people (climbers) with tiny little legs are quite good at TT too.. But not world class maybe. Thinks it has a lot to do with psyche and how used they are to doing TTs. E.g. Basso's and Heras' TT skills improved a lot after they startet working on it.

ReputationRep:
    hes had his peak, that's a lot. He will go downhill and its good to sell him at this point in his career

why do you support arsenal? because if you were a true fan you wouldn't say "I don't care where they finish in the Premiership now" just becasue they sell a player.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh but these other climbers happen to have big legs as well..doing time-trials is about strength endurance.

ReputationRep:
    I've supported them ever since ever, from family ties originally and because I like members of the team, the team style, and the whole Gunner-ness. When you start messing with the team, I've got a right to change my views.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rasta)
    Patrick's stance recently has given off the clear message he wanted to stay.

Wenger's been foolish lately, he's looking to let Pires go but he buys this pathetic Hleb.

I'm not a true fan because I think he's made a ****-up? Er, yeah, not a great argument there.
    you clearly are a ****ing p**** mate

so are you telling me Vieira was a household name when he signed? how is Hleb pathetic, from what i've seen of him he looks a pretty amazing player. and if Vieira really wants to stay why does he tout his name across to big clubs every year? either he wants to leave or wants to force Arsenal into paying him more.

don't get me wrong Arsenal will miss him(despite this last below average season) but I have no doubt in Wenger's ability to find a quality replacement) Diarra at lyon is awesome. Also Vieira is 29 now, they have made a tidy profit on him and the money will come in handy to bring in a younger replacement.

and as for Pires, I would be sad to see him go, recently he's been one of those players who has done **** all, all match but bangs in a crucial goal but you can't say there aren't better players out there for his position.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.