The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2800
Economist
Can only see Tiger winning it

i hate the duration of golf.god it is just tooo long
I cant believe this thread is still going on. Only the senseless would believe Venus has a chance.
Reply 2802
.Patrick wanted to stay,

LOL

Considering the player is probably past his peak, wanted to leave last season and has had an indifferent season this year - I find it staggering you have the nerve to doubt one of the best managers in the world.
Reply 2803
*cries* :frown: *thinks Arsenal will be ok though*
Reply 2804
Wenger doesn't want Pires to go, but he won't sign a new contract and will leave under the Bosman
Rasta
I officially despise Arsene Wenger with a vengeance now! He's sold our bloody captain! :frown:

Plonker...Patrick wanted to stay, he's been with us 9 years, he's an excellent player and we can't afford to lose anyone in midfield - so, bright spark Froggy here decides to sell him for a paltry £13.7m leaving us with a midfield with an average age of 18!

Idiotic Arsenal...I don't care where they finish in the Premiership now, they've peed me off too much with such patheticness...the team ain't the same without old Trick. :mad:

How can you call Wenger a frog, in an arguement about a French player, that doesnt make quite sense?
Reply 2806
The only really viable replacement for keane and viera ( im including because we will be int he same boat this/next year) essien, gerrad and gattuso there maybe a few others which i dont know but those are the three names that stick out in my head more thatn any midfielders.

Least you got 13.7m for him not bad for a 29 y/o least ur manager doesnt think darren fletcher is a replacement for keane!

Its all academic anyway because unless miracles are preformed by arsenal or united chelsea will walk it again this year unless they shoot themselves in the foot. At the moment next years premiership is chelseas to lose not arsenal or uniteds to win tbh, well thats the way things are looking at the momenet anyway!
Reply 2807
message to Mr wenger: bring in some fresh british talent you tw*t
well arsenal got a good deal there!
esx77
message to Mr wenger: bring in some fresh british talent you tw*t

Why?
Reply 2810
KILL ME NOW PLEASE END MY LIFE NOW!

Vieira not longer at Arsenal!??! WTF?!?!?

Please tell me this is some sort of a mess around. This cannot be happening...

I shall wake up tomorrow with a dry mouth and headache (been drinking) but Vieira will still be a Goooooner....

Please?

Well I want to know now. Who the **** will he buy now? You have just sold Vieira... who the hell do you buy to replace him? I would hate to be Wenger now...

:'(

Let me cry myself to sleep now :frown:
Reply 2811
Have faith!!! Mr. Wenger has proved himself time and again... if he sold viera (as sad as I am ) I believe that he can find a good replacement....
Floyd
Nah... some people (climbers) with tiny little legs are quite good at TT too.. But not world class maybe.

Remember Bettini, he could Time Trial if he needed to. Most o fht etime though, he just turned the wheels over not bothering.
Reply 2813
I don't think you quite understand here, riders don't just go on a time trial "not bothering" they get paid to ride 100% all of the time, not to take it easy when they feel like it. They also wouldn't want to just take it easy, whats the point in that?

Make no mistake, if they're losing lots of time on time-trials its because they can't go any faster, not because they can't be arsed.
The key to TTing is your power to weight ratio, so you don't necessarily have to have huge legs becasue huge legs mean more muscle to drag around the course using energy.

Those lying way behind on the overall general classification and who cannot time trial particularly well have no incentive to put an all out effort on time trials, their focus would be to save energy and focus on getting in breakaways to gain publicity and exposure for their team in the following stages.
Reply 2815
Yep power to weight ratio, muscle is useful, force, power-producing weight, so the more if it the better. Only as far as the legs are concerned though, its not like you need a big upper body to be a good cyclist.
Michael Rasmussen is better than Lance!
How?!
Reply 2818
If Wenger really wanted Veira to stay, he would have put up more of a fight for him. The fact tht Veira left relatively quickly shows tht Wenger has something up his sleeve. And you never know, maybe this is just wht Arsenal need to shake up the Premiership and throw Chelsea and United off...
Reply 2819
That was pretty quick!
There wasn't MUCH talk about him going - there is always talk of either Henry or Vieira going every summer, but I really never take much notice as they usualyl end up staying... But this was quite a shock - and yes he did leave quick easily :frown:

Really - I want to know - who would YOU replace Vieira with?!?!

So the new stadium willl not be blessed with his shiney shirts... where he shoots a little high :smile:

Latest