Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How?!

ReputationRep:
    If Wenger really wanted Veira to stay, he would have put up more of a fight for him. The fact tht Veira left relatively quickly shows tht Wenger has something up his sleeve. And you never know, maybe this is just wht Arsenal need to shake up the Premiership and throw Chelsea and United off...

ReputationRep:
    That was pretty quick!
    There wasn't MUCH talk about him going - there is always talk of either Henry or Vieira going every summer, but I really never take much notice as they usualyl end up staying... But this was quite a shock - and yes he did leave quick easily

Really - I want to know - who would YOU replace Vieira with?!?!

So the new stadium willl not be blessed with his shiney shirts... where he shoots a little high

ReputationRep:
    i guess he is too arrogant to play for arsenal..

ReputationRep:
    Yes ok I was in a hurry when typing my reply, sorry, fluffball explains it better in his second paragraph above.

Rasmussen better than Lance? you wont achieve much if you dont qualify your statements mate.

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least according to Danish journalists he is

ReputationRep:
    i reckon even however-old-he-is-now-McEnroe would beat Venus, or Davenport or Sharapova such is the difgerence between the level of the mens and womens games...

ReputationRep:
    i guess Tim has really lost his standing

Buy Baraja! :p:

ReputationRep:
    U MUST BE ONE OF THOSE FOOTY MANAGER PLAYERS

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky!

ReputationRep:
    Van brommel/Davids can replace him. It was inevitable that patrick was gonna leave anyway, at least they got a good price for him this way,

Aslon as pires/ljunberg/henry stay then the attacking part of Arsenals game is still intact aslong as they buy a decent replacement.

(Original post by Jack_Bauer)
    U MUST BE ONE OF THOSE FOOTY MANAGER PLAYERS
    You must have missed the :p: , the most important element of the post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    Van brommel/Davids can replace him. It was inevitable that patrick was gonna leave anyway, at least they got a good price for him this way,

Aslon as pires/ljunberg/henry stay then the attacking part of Arsenals game is still intact aslong as they buy a decent replacement.
    Van Bommel? He's just joined Barca and Davids is out of the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christian87)
    Well, at least according to Danish journalists he is

Maybe he's a better climber. Maybe. Time will show.
    But overall, Lance is much better

ReputationRep:
    and I thought Pires was on his way to... Valencia? if not I thought he was on his way out?

ReputationRep:
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiempo)
    and I thought Pires was on his way to... Valencia? if not I thought he was on his way out?
    Well unless he agrees to sign the 1 year extension and stop trying to bargain for 2 years then he could well be off

ReputationRep:
    One man does not maketh the team.
    Thats all he is, One man.

ReputationRep:
    14 million for Vieira was good business.
    Vieira only stayed with Arsenal because of the wage increase.
    He played poorly last season, and I think it was good of Wenger to let others take there chance at their positions.

Flamini, Fabregas are two exciting youngsters who deserve full games. They'll now have their chance.

Arsenal have so many options which are better than Vieira right now. For 14 million, I would desperately like to see that go towards Wright-Phillips if we could get him, which I'm sure we can't. He would be an instant hit, not only because of his foster father, but his playing credentials and flair.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.