Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    he ob wanted to do better in the CL
    no point hanging round at Arsenal
    ........ na only kidding

ReputationRep:
    I was going to do this as a poll but as my use of technology is limited to HR monitors and just about being able to type i shall simply state my question and let all you elaborate on it.

When climbing hills on a bike (mountain or road) do you seat climb or stand to pedal?

drop a post i'm very interrested to hear the responses and why!

cheers

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on how Englands bowlers do, as Aussies have some real quality in their batting with Langer, Hayden, Ponting, Gilchrist etc, whereas hopefully some quality bowling will prove to everyone how overrated vaughn is. Man of the series i reckon maybe Brett Lee (if picked), as he was amazing in the one-dayers and is coming to form.

ReputationRep:
    Aussies will really crack England's nuts, IMO

ReputationRep:
    Depends really on how steep the hill is. The steeper it is the more likely you'll stand. I do tend to stand more than sit.

ReputationRep:
    road and mountain bike technique is different.

ReputationRep:
    Stand up, cuz my weight helps me push down on the pedals, allowing an angle that should lessen my energy consumption

ReputationRep:
    Road bike; stay seated for as long as possible, ass to the end of the seat, keep cadence high. Drive your ass into the rear of the seat, lean forward. You'll use your glutes aswell as your legs. As soon as your stand, it's the whole side-to-side affair, don't move your body move your bike. Keep your body over the 'power' foot. Remember, just pushing down isn't pedalling, remember the back stroke - you'll be clipped in.

Mbike; pretty much the same, just don't sit down, keep your elbows in.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, its' pretty easy, I'd got the hang of getting to my feet and riding the waves by the second day id ever tried it, didnt really need lessons (too expensive lol) just watched other people. But I'd always bodyboarded when i was little, so catching the right waves at the right time came second nature to me when i first did it and the balance wasnt too much of a problem from snowboardin an skateboardin.

Beginners should get it within a week or so I wouldve thought, and you want to start on a swell board or just a big board, and if you like it and planb on doing it again id reccommend buying a board and a wetsuit, because hiring everytime can get pricey, and you can get 2nd hand/ex-hire wetsuits from about £20. Great sport though if your planning on taking it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    18 million I'm sure Arsenal would bid if they could get him.
    Its only if Chelsea offer stupid money like 30million are Arsenal out of the race.
    And between the 2, I'm sure SWP would prefer Arsenal.

Jenas at 22 should be like Flamini at 17! or even Fabregas!
    Viera is miles ahead of Jenas. Jenas should not even appear on the subs bench for England. What was Becham like at 22?

22 years is a nice age for football where your young and full of youth. I believe 25 to be the peak more so than the 27 years some people suggest.
    He asked if he could speak to Chelsea today.

ReputationRep:
    Its a bit of both, stand up to strain some different muscles every now and then, sit down for the majority of the climb, keep the cadence high. Watch the tour de france and see how they climb the hills.

ReputationRep:
    although on a road bike i find that keeping a high cadance is almost impossible as my legs just hurt when i try to incorperate a back-stroke whilst clipped in.

i suppose that's just be being not fit enought!!

and yes i'll try to get somewhere that i can see ITV2 and watch the tour se france!

ReputationRep:
    When i attack i stand, more power but you tire quicker. Otherwise sit, high cadence.

ReputationRep:
    So who do you think will win? I have £200 on taylor winning.
    This may seem cheeky, but does anyone know where i can watch this match for free on the net?

There are sites where you can watch premiership games from sky sports online for free but with japanese commentry. It's not illegal as it's broadcasted in east asia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    So who do you think will win? I have £200 on taylor winning.
    This may seem cheeky, but does anyone know where i can watch this match for free on the net?

There are sites where you can watch premiership games from sky sports online for free but with japanese commentry. It's not illegal as it's broadcasted in east asia
    It is on ITV now.

Edit: sorry just seen where you are based. Ooops.

ReputationRep:
    Can you get Radio 5 live??? As its there.

ReputationRep:
    so who do you think will win now?tiger wood didnt do well in the 3rd round. Other players are catching up. Do you still think Tiger will win?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChelseaBabe)
    Can you get Radio 5 live??? As its there.
    Nice1

My mates went to see it live :cool: but i'm saving my money for uni .

(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
    It is on ITV now.

Edit: sorry just seen where you are based. Ooops.
    I'm from kent but i don't have sky

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see Monty win it, but if Woods gets off to a good start tommorow I reckon he'll win fairly comfortably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeH)
    I'd love to see Monty win it, but if Woods gets off to a good start tommorow I reckon he'll win fairly comfortably.
    lol, i m from dagenham as well.hehe.so do you think tiger will make it?every1 whom i asked said tiger will win, if he starts well.lol. Do you think Goosy will make it?lol

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.