Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    He didn't hang around I tell ya.... The other geezer was sparko!

ReputationRep:
    I knew it!!!!!! BANGGGGG!

ReputationRep:
    Awesome I have just watched it.

ReputationRep:
    he's fit :p:

*blush*

ReputationRep:
    blap blap!

That was amazing, hes trunks looked a bit gay though

ReputationRep:
    I had £400 on khan that game

Hope Frank Warren don't make him have to many easy fights!

That was actually unbelievable. The other guy looked like the amateur! I don't know anything about boxing, but either the other guy was rubbish, or Amir Khan is actually very talented. I hope it's the latter. We need some more British sporting heros.

Oh great, there's just been a security alert in the arena.

ReputationRep:
    what the hell, that was such a miss match, the other team where just in it for the pay day, who the hell throws in the towel 30 seconds into the fight? lol and what kind of ref ignores it?!?!?! hmmm

lets see what happens in a few months in his next fight.

ReputationRep:
    The bolton arena has been evacuated.. wtf has happened, a terrorist threat or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spar)
    what the hell, that was such a miss match, the other team where just in it for the pay day, who the hell throws in the towel 30 seconds into the fight? lol and what kind of ref ignores it?!?!?! hmmm

The other guy weren't that crap, i've seen his other fights.. of course he is no way a contender for any major titles but a worthy opponent for a professional debut. Frank Warren better get better opponents next time as i've got a feeling he wont give Khan what he wants; youngest ever lightweight champion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spar)

exactly what I was thinking, why didnt the ref see it? What if the other guy had died.

ReputationRep:
    i just say lets not get carried away, a hand picked fighter for the win was expected, im just pissed that i never thought about betting on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Worzo)
    That was actually unbelievable. The other guy looked like the amateur! I don't know anything about boxing, but either the other guy was rubbish, or Amir Khan is actually very talented. I hope it's the latter. We need some more British sporting heros.
    Nah Khan is good, He looked solid.

The best fighter in the divison wouldnt have knocked Bailey out like that.

Looking good for British boxing :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    exactly what I was thinking, why didnt the ref see it? What if the other guy had died.
    lol his corner just wanted a quick escape, minimum hits, the ref knew this, think about the press - not the image they wanted after Khan's first fight.,

Warren you fool, next time give em the cash AFTER the 2nd round....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spar)
    lol his corner just wanted a quick escape, minimum hits, the ref knew this, think about the press - not the image they wanted after Khan's first fight.,

Warren you fool, next time give em the cash AFTER the 2nd round....
    LOL true, but rules are rules if towel is thrown its gotta stop

ReputationRep:
    Woooo!! Go Amir!!! It was very good, short but good!!!

ReputationRep:
    hehehhe.. its gonna be olympic gold medal in 2008 for amir

ReputationRep:
    I missed it! When's a replay!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    I missed it! When's a replay!?
    Should be something up on the net. Search google, if not my guess would be that it'll be on ITV News next time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nasht)
    hehehhe.. its gonna be olympic gold medal in 2008 for amir
    I doubt it... he'll probably have turned professional by then.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.