Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For all those interested Andy has just won a challenger event in California winning 6-4 6-3 in the final. He didnt beat any big names but its a good start to the hard court season and the more entry points he gets the greater the chance he will get into bigger tournaments and more importantly the US open.

ReputationRep:
    It's all gonna depend on wheter England's bowlers can get on top of the Australian Batsmen. Englands batting shouldn't really be a problem cos they bat down to number 7 these days.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    It was a great win and see's him move up 41 ranking places to 164th in the world. He is now the number 3 Briton.

Surely now he should be given a wild card entry into the US Open (I doubt there is time for him to move far enough up thr ankings to get their by right). He has shown he is a much better player than his ranking suggests, his performance at Queen's Club, Wimbeldon, Rhode Island and now in California as well as the fact he is the Junior US Open champion all justfiy why he should be given one, and that is without looking at his rapid rise up the rankings from below 500th to 164th over the last year.

Let us just hope the people at the US open take note of all this.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Right now I think the Henman would easily beat Murray on Grass and perhaps other surfaces. Hard and clay courts would certainly swing things in the way of Murray though, but Henman may still win.

This time next year however, I think the story may be different. If Murray continues to improve at the rate he is doing, I see him beating Heman quite easily and I see the chance of Murray finishing 2006 at the British number 1. But only if he continues to put the effort in he is doing now. He may even need to increase significantly his effort in non-tennis skills training and in fitness if he wants to do this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    For all those interested Andy has just won a challenger event in California winning 6-4 6-3 in the final. He didnt beat any big names but its a good start to the hard court season and the more entry points he gets the greater the chance he will get into bigger tournaments and more importantly the US open.
    That's great news. Well done to Andy!

ReputationRep:
    How many players is SWP competing with for his favourite position?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    Jenas is a joke comparing to viera. Wenger will find a suitable replacement.. he always does.
    he hasnt found a suitable keeper,

ReputationRep:
    has anyone actually said who has bought viera?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiempo)
    How many players is SWP competing with for his favourite position?
    too many. the odds of him swiftly leaving chelsea must be quite low (or high i'm not sure which way round but u know wot i mean)

ReputationRep:
    omg why are we discussing SWP in a vieira thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    The warranty is printed onto the ball
    Yeah i see it, i bought it this morning, although when i was using the needle that it had it broke off but luckily i managed to get it out the ball and use one i already had. So how can i use this guarentee then? Do i just take it to the shop i bought it from with reciept? Also by playing football on concrete or a patio put lumps in the ball if you play on that surface alot?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    not sure about lumps, but it rips it a fair bit
    And it scratched your forehead when you try and header / get hit by the damn thing

ReputationRep:
    Juve brought Vieira...

And thats a good question Reloader!!! Don't you just love it when thread loose their direction?

ANywhoooo...

ReputationRep:
    dunno why, just interested in other members who share the same hobby.

im not a hardcore karter. i just go to the odd 1 or 2 circuits every so often.

anyone else into karting?

i just recently came back from Buckmore go kart circuit. we used the twin engined karts. my word they were out of the ordinary. very fast. although i was struggling with stamina in our second session.

anyone else care to share any experiences or circuits they visited.

ive only been to -

altershot - indoor karting
    lakeside
    buckmore

they also go in that order for being the most fun. buckmore was just something special. an official international circuit, i felt privaliged on racing around the same circuit where the likes of jonny herbert started their racing careers.

if only i could enter into the motorsport area

ReputationRep:
    ive been once or twice with my mates and it was loads of fun but id never go in pro or anything... well... if i did it wuld only be to boy watch!
    most of its about who you know not what you no

ReputationRep:
    Used to do this all the time.
    One in York Road, Kings Cross N1 (indoor circuit)

Another in Hemel Hempstead in Hertfordshire HP1.
    Outdoor circuit nested within a large disused airbase.

Loved go karting when I never had a car and used to always go, now I have my own little go kart!

ReputationRep:
    lol. green day rox your right. need the contacts, sponsers, scouts, general connections within motorsport. apart from my dad being a retired racing driver and my uncle who still is. thats all i got. ah well ill stick with it as a hobby.

walshie, ive heard about the kings cross one and checked it out ont eh internet. looks interesting however indoor karting just doesnt cut it anymore. its all about the outdoor circuit scene. the hertofshire one sounds exciting. im not too far from it. might have to check it out.

lucky, you can use the roads as you own long ass go karting circuit.

maby one day ill get my lisence. nothing beats being 2 inches off the ground with the wind in your ermm eyes. that is unless you have an atomic atom or a lotus elise or super 7 or another form of kit car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taran)
    maby one day ill get my lisence. nothing beats being 2 inches off the ground with the wind in your ermm eyes. that is unless you have an atomic atom or a lotus elise or super 7 or another form of kit car.
    Absolutely. Westfield, Caterhams, Lotus & even the VX220 are all cars I would love to take around the circuit.

The closer you are to the ground brings a much more reality feel to driving.

I think the Hemel circuit is just slightly north or the next junction after.

ReputationRep:
    yea i would love to aswel. the nibleness of them are just amazing.

i went to the NEC motorshow in january i think.

they had three lotus elises either 135's or 190's. they took passangers around doing power slides and general crazy stunts. even though they were sliding on a slippery serface, the cars felt so dam controlable like they would stick like glue.

the year before they had 2 caterhams doing the same sort of thing. both felt equally brilliant however id lean towards the kit cars for the track. i cant imagine the atom with the honda supercharged engine. wow. it would bring tears to the eyes.

ReputationRep:
    hobbies r kool it means u can talk to random ppl about them ie now! boo hoo i now want a hobie

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.