Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    do you think boys are hobbies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green day rox)
    do you think boys are hobbies?
    hmm i think they are as much as girls are hobbies for boys.

only a personal opinion though. others may not think of it as a hobby.

i want a new hobby too but the only thing that im good at is ermm, nothing really

ReputationRep:
    found 1 im brilliant at doing nothing!!! wow i just found my new hobby

is tsr a hobby aswell?

ReputationRep:
    thats two already!!

ReputationRep:
    thats two already!!
    i just thought of one too.

lazing around at home. it takes a certain someone to do that. requires a lil bit of skill as your mind says "stay active and find a job" while the body says "no im not getting up away from the tv, and tsr of course"

ReputationRep:
    i LOVE go karting. went with my friend on holiday in a place near criccieth, n wales. greatly enjoyed it although the steering wheel was only screwed on by one bolt on my car so i was a bit concerned by that. it's just fun doing what you could never do in a real car. :-) recommend it to anyone

ReputationRep:
    woohoo go new found hobbies! gtg speak soon (hopefully) tara

ReputationRep:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?wato

To bring back the contender, please sign above^^

It gives boxers who never have a decent shot a good opportunity to do something worthwhile.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    What for? To have Ishe Smith a world class boxer fight the best other boxer in the quarters in a 5 rounds and then have an average fighter in the final fight the Moira? It was such a mismatch that it doesnt deserve another serioes..

However that is not the worst thing about it..not only did they have only 2 or 3 good fighters the main reason for not giving them another season is simple:

Silvestre Stallone.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    What for? To have Ishe Smith a world class boxer fight the best other boxer in the quarters in a 5 rounds and then have an average fighter in the final fight the Moira? It was such a mismatch that it doesnt deserve another serioes..

However that is not the worst thing about it..not only did they have only 2 or 3 good fighters the main reason for not giving them another season is simple:

Silvestre Stallone.....
    :p: :p:
    Sergio mora outclassed ishe in their fight. Average fighter he is not, he beat the best in the series.

Turpin
    Ishe
    Jessy
    Manfredo

Now his mum can stop working at that old age to support her family. It's worthwhile to help the poor families out. Alot of the boxers have done charity work after the series.

rip najai turpin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?wato

To bring back the contender, please sign above^^

It gives boxers who never have a decent shot a good opportunity to do something worthwhile.

Cheers
    aren't they already doing another series with a heavier weight class?

ReputationRep:
    Well done Murray! He's the youngest player to win that Challengers tournament. Is definitely better than his ranking suggests, and I'm sure he'll soon move into the top 100. He's got a wild card for one of the ATP tournaments now, so hopefully he'll improve his ranking yet again, with some high ranking casualties.

ReputationRep:
    Wayhay! I'm really glad we've finally signed a natural right-winger. There will be no problem if Robben gets injured/Duff gets tired now. The other new boy (Del Horno) is looking pretty decent, too. Was great against Benfica - he can whack in free-kicks which also fills a previous gap!

With these new signings, and Essien possibly on the way, I really don't see how our team could be improved. Player for player, we are now better than any other team in the world - including Milan and Barca. Imagine this team (in a 433): Cech; Ferreira; Gallas/Carvalho; Terry; Del Horno; Cole/Essien; Makelele; Lampard; Robben; Duff/SWP; Drogba/Crespo/Gudjohnsen.

ReputationRep:
    crap. Apparently the Aussie selectors may drop Gillespie and have Kasprowicz instead...

not good, as Gillespie for me was the one weak link in the Aussie attack - Kasprowicz has shown pretty good form with the ball so far, and he may cause England far more trouble!

ReputationRep:
    I always thought he played on the left....

That shows you lot my knowledge about football!!!

ReputationRep:
    woohoo go new found hobbies! gtg speak soon (hopefully) tara
    i can talk aboiut karting for forever and a day. i raced for 4 years, 3 at club level and one in the british championship. been all over the uk racing, including ireland. been all over europe as a mechanic and have just come back from teh world superkart challenge at Laguna Seca. so, if you want karting pm me.

ReputationRep:
    Great signing, I just hope he gets regular football for England's sake. Chelsea really are taking over the world...

Bloody expensive though, Hoddle said on the telly earlier he wouldn't have cost that much if it wasn't Chelsea but they can basically say to any team "name your price" for any player they want.

ReputationRep:
    Well done Andy, it's great to have a fresh face in British Tennis. Wimbledon is usually Henman hill/will Henman do it this year? and then the dissapointment that follows when he never does. It's nice there is some real hope for the future.

ReputationRep:
    Im a filthy bike snob, if its not italian all over and weights less than a few bags of sugar, i dont call it a bicycle. I suppose i'd call it a two wheeled convelance. Im nice in real life.

My responce in this case would be you want a bike which u can feel proud to own and enjoy riding, not some horrible £60 quid halfords job (im not knocking them, they get you from A-B). Goto a proper bike shop (one which looks like aladins cave and is run by a guy with a monicle) and state your situation, and they can size you and sort u out, unlike some mass market shop which wants to sell units.

ReputationRep:
    ok.

Something like a specialized hardrock will suit your need fine tbh. Some bikes from halfords are ok (especially if its a bikehut- e.g. konas). A local bike shop will usually bend over backwards for its customers though in my experience as they know you'll keep on going back again and again and again

surprisecamel- i'm pretty much the same. Not a roadie though so weight is less of an issue and strength is a bit more of an issue

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.