Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't be bothered to wait until half 7. so here we go again. In this and the next post there will be 10 football stadiums from all around the world captured from google earth. Can you guess which each one is?, and i will accept the team that plays there. Some of these are hard so MODERATE amount of cheating is ok. and the numbering starts from 11 because it follows on from last nights quiz.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    and here is the second set
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Wow, these are hard! Its going to take all night me thinks.

20 = Australian National Stadium iun Sydney?

is 11 Parma (I know I'm close)

13 = Milan?
    14 = Lansdowne Road?

20 could be Athens Stadium (upon development)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Wow, these are hard! Its going to take all night me thinks.

20 = Australian National Stadium iun Sydney?

is 11 Parma (I know I'm close)

13 = Milan?
    14 = Lansdowne Road?

20 could be Athens Stadium (upon development)

i did say last night i'd make them harder :p:
    11= wrong
    yep 13 is the san siro
    14= wrong
    20=still wrong

and i do believe i may have made this too difficult sorry

ReputationRep:
    We've just lost Geriant Jones, who's made 30 runs and steadied the ship a little.

Now hope rests on Giles not to do anything rash.... and Pieterson to keep his head cool! 79-6.

ReputationRep:
    Bergkamp's signed a one year extension I believe.

Other than that, we have some brilliant young midfielders coming in - Fabregas and Flamini. I tip at least one of them to become a midfield stalwart next season, either alongside Gilberto, or paired with each other. Don't forget we still have other influential midfielders like Freddie Ljungberg.

ReputationRep:
    Giles out in a very strange way, he was strangled down the leg side as well as trodding on his stumps off the last ball of the day. 17 wickets in a day.

ReputationRep:
    is it even possible to crawl back from this?
    92-7 trailing 98.

So much for hope.

ReputationRep:
    when will the first test finish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    but both the teams are tired now and it is highly unlikely any of the teams will bat extremely well.
    Thats rubbish, players are used to fielding/playing for 4/5 days and it doesnt effect their batting. You knew Gilo was gona get out with Lees bowling, i predict an Aussies victory now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    it can go on up til monday...but at this rate...play will be finished sometime saturday...

well done australia great fightback...long may it continue!!

ReputationRep:
    No don't worry, I'm still here although I do have to go soon.

A couple of questions to help could be good . . . Is it literally worldwide, and also the lower leagues + just solely football stadiums.

14 = Has what appears to be green & white which limits it very much to places that look like it has a 20000 seater stadium. IUt also has the leaf

Plymouth Argyle I think is all green. If its not in Ireland, it could be maybe Panithinaikos of Greece?? I'm confused.

15 = Shizuoka Stadium Ecopa in Japan (Part of the 02 World Cup)

SOME of these stadiums looked to presentable. I knew one of them had to be part of Japan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    Judging by whats happened so far, it should be an fairly early finish, maybe Saturday evening or Sunday mid-day.

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd were only 18 points behind Chelsea last season. Close!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    No don't worry, I'm still here although I do have to go soon.

A couple of questions to help could be good . . . Is it literally worldwide, and also the lower leagues + just solely football stadiums.

14 = Has what appears to be green & white which limits it very much to places that look like it has a 20000 seater stadium. IUt also has the leaf

Plymouth Argyle I think is all green. If its not in Ireland, it could be maybe Panithinaikos of Greece?? I'm confused.

15 = Shizuoka Stadium Ecopa in Japan (Part of the 02 World Cup)

SOME of these stadiums looked to presentable. I knew one of them had to be part of Japan!
    there is only championship ground in there as well as one prem ground, the rest are worldwide, however they are mainly from europe and all are football stadiums.

14 is the Apostolos Nikolaidis where Panathinaikos play so thats another one
    and 15 isnt in japan actually none of them are.

ReputationRep:
    is 12 the milinieum statidum
    panathanikos play at 14 ( cant spell name!)
    could 20 bethe new wembly?

and benfica play at 16
    17 = sporting portugal play in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by octavius)
    I think this season Manchester United will beat Chelsea, albeit a close race. They can sign themselves a dream team but who says wright phillips will perform as well with chelsea as he did with man city? and crespo doesn't even want to be there, whereas united have patched up their only loose end at this time with van der sars. Arsenal are selling their best players without having made a decent signing yet but its early in the transfer market, i also predict everton 4th place, sheerly because of moyes :p: What are your thoughts? :tsr:
    I disagree with everything you've just said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    From AFP
    Latest sports news

NANTERRE, France, July 20th 2005
    Lance Armstrong may be stripped of his seventh Tour de France title.
    In a random check for banned substances, French authorities found three substances in Armstrong's hotel room that are banned by the French:

Toothpaste, deodorant, and soap.

*bows*

Thank you.
    HeHe!! Made me worried for a minute as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    I thought 2 innings per side games were 3 days or more...

so follow ons don't exist for shorter games surely...
    I should have mentioned that the last two figures were for normal games that have had days rained off. For instance, if a four day county game had two days rained off, then it would be counted as a two day game and the total to make a team follow-on would be dropped to 100 runs instead of 150. The same applies if three days are rained off, it would go from 150 runs to just 75.

I hope that makes sense.

Michael

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    is 12 the milinieum statidum
    panathanikos play at 14 ( cant spell name!)
    could 20 bethe new wembly?

and benfica play at 16
    17 = sporting portugal play in it

12 isnt the millenium stadium
    14 correct
    16 correct Estadio da Luz
    17 correct Estadio Jose de Alvalade

well done (this is definatly too hard)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.