Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    I think the cloud's helping the batting conditions - if the sun came out the pitch would be even drier.

All out for 155. Brave effort.
    true, weird for a Lords pitch to be taking turn on day 1 and 2. The problem with England is no quality spinner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    true, weird for a Lords pitch to be taking turn on day 1 and 2. The problem with England is no quality spinner.
    I think the problem is no quality 'anything else'. All our bowlers are too samey. It worked well yesterday because the Aussies just weren't prepared for the agression, but later on in the series (maybe even next innings) they'll start to command us again.

Maybe should (have) give Ashley Giles a go with the ball?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe should (have) give Ashley Giles a go with the ball?
    I'm sure Giles will have an important role in the Aussie 2nd innings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    I'm sure Giles will have an important role in the Aussie 2nd innings
    18-1, ciao Langer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Player for player yes? Does that mean Howard is a better goalkeeper than Cech? Who destroyed Schmeichel's consecutive minutes without conceding a goal in his first season and has yet to reach his prime. He also beat the number of clean sheets.

Speaking of results boasting - Man Utd 1 - 3 Chelsea Reserves (94 points).
    Comparing Utds 2nd choice keeper with your 1st isn't exactly player for player, imo. Also thats just the one position out of 11 anyway.

1994 FA Cup final 4-0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jump)
    Comparing Utds 2nd choice keeper with your 1st isn't exactly player for player, imo. Also thats just the one position out of 11 anyway.
    IMO (speculating first XIs):

Cech / Van Der Sar

Ferreira / Neville
    Terry / Ferdinand
    Carvalho / Silvestre?
    Del Horno / Heinze

SWP / Ronaldo
    Makelele / Keane
    Lampard / Scholes
    Duff / Giggs

Robben / Rooney
    Crespo / van Nistelrooy

ReputationRep:
    Today's going much like yesterday was expected to go....

ReputationRep:
    IMO (speculating first XIs):

Cech / Van Der Sar

Ferreira / Neville
    Terry / Ferdinand
    Carvalho / Silvestre?
    Del Horno / Heinze

SWP / Ronaldo
    Makelele / Keane
    Lampard / Scholes
    Duff / Giggs

Robben / Rooney
    Crespo / van Nistelrooy
    They are both likely to play 4-3-3 next season methinks, in which case...
    Cech / Van Der Sar

Ferreira / Neville
    Terry / Ferdinand
    Carvalho / Silvestre
    Del Horno / Heinze

Makelele / Keane
    Lampard / Park
    Cole / Scholes

SWP / Ronaldo
    Robben / Rooney
    Crespo / van Nistelrooy

7-4 Utd :cool: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    on bbc (switching between 1 and 2) starting 6pm tonight - will anyone be watching this?

it seems mainly about the 100m race, basically gatlin vs powell, and conditions are said to be perfect for a fast race tonight

ReputationRep:
    I'll be watching it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence)
    on bbc (switching between 1 and 2) starting 6pm tonight - will anyone be watching this?

it seems mainly about the 100m race, basically gatlin vs powell, and conditions are said to be perfect for a fast race tonight
    xtal palace = fast track - 9.91 record by Powell last year. expected conditions = cool with a slight breeze. main men = powell, gatlin, collins. no wonder the hundred's had so much hype...

ReputationRep:
    last time powell was at palace, he equalled his personal best..

ReputationRep:
    if anyone is still worried about the loss of vieira - just remember the beginning of last season...
    first 4 matches of last season: won 4, scored 16, without vieira (injured).
    when viera returned we slipped up a bit but it proves arsenal can cope without vieira, and fabregas will only improve with the experience he has gained from last season.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got a link to a picture showing the man utd sign above the stadium being changed to 'a four letter swear word' as BBC Sport puts it (i presume the word is F**K, im interetsed to see how they did it).

thanks

Story on BBC Sport

ReputationRep:
    The word was C**T, and its on the Football Discussion thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneAndOnly)
    has anyone got a link to a picture showing the man utd sign above the stadium being changed to 'a four letter swear word' as BBC Sport puts it (i presume the word is F**K, im interetsed to see how they did it).

thanks

Story on BBC Sport
    It must have been done at night - "It seems someone has messed with plugs at the back of the lights as a prank" - So I reckon they only lit certain letters?

ReputationRep:
    How the hell could it have said f*ck, you fool?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    How the hell could it have said f*ck, you fool?
    thats why i asked for a pic because i (wrongly) assumed it was f**k and couldnt work out how they had done it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneAndOnly)
    thats why i asked for a pic because i (wrongly) assumed it was f**k and couldnt work out how they had done it.
    See the Ultimate Football Thread :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Wenger wants pires & bergkamp to go soon. Bergkamp will probably go next year as we haven't got many decent strikers. Pires probs will go this season or before it to galatasary. "I don't believe pires/bergkamp/viera have the ability to play at the pace of the style arsenal play for much longer".

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.