Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I'll try to be watching if I can. I normally like to watch a couple of athletics events each year appart from the 'big' events. The one in London is normally a great night from what I remember of other years, the stadium might not be that big, but the crowd certainly make up for it and the atmosphere is normally amazing.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea: 20m?
    Man City: No way, you need to raise your bid
    Chelsea: 21m?
    Man City: OK

that was daft, they should've held out for at least 30m

ReputationRep:
    im a man u fan and i thought i was pretty funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sub)
    ahah, a good draw?! awesome game.. lived up to a fair bit of the hype... keep it coming!
    i think england are still in with a chance. we can still win it, are bowlers are bowling well and austrailia didnt get a masive lead (go petersien!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    Man City needs miracles even with 10million cash to go for Europe.
    wise up.

if robbie fowler has scored that penalty in the last game of the season they'd be in europe now.

also, remember they got to the uefa cup a few seasons back?

dont write them off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)

and gettin cole on a free is daft aswell. hes past his best, i dont think he did much for fulham last season and they made him captain :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Today's going much like yesterday was expected to go....
    i think england can bowl the aussies out cheaply. i think yesterday was a mad day cos all the players were still in one day mode, im glad piteresen wasnt- and every1 expected it of him.

ReputationRep:
    I agree tht the loss of veira isn't the end of the world, but pires and ljungberg generally play on the wings, and my personal opinion is tht central midfielders require experience, which the younger players dont have.

I think tht one year is about right for Bergkamp because he's still influential, but he is getting on. The likes of Van Persie again i think are going to need this season to get fully up to arsenal standards.

If Pires leaves though, i think there will be a major change in tactics and strategies from wenger. I see this season as a sort of transition period between the old and new players...should be interesting

ReputationRep:
    have we bought essien yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs. Political)
    have we bought essien yet?
    nope- lyon want around £30 million.

ReputationRep:
    Pires is going nowhere. From official website “We have an agreement with Robert and at the moment it is quite stable,” he said. "We have had no interest in Robert and we want him to stay, so we are quite happy.

“I can’t stop interest from other clubs or speculation but my situation is quite clear. I want him to stay and that is it'.

Personally I think Bergkamp should have retired two years ago. He has his moments of brilliance but has been far too inconsistent and ineffective and his finishing ability left him two years ago. I believe he is only commanding a place based on his reputation.

This would be my team:

GK - Possibility of bringing a new name in (Viera rumoured)
    RB - Toure
    CB - Senderos
    CD - Campbell
    LB - Cole (Unrealistic he will leave now at least until next year)
    RM - Hleb
    CM - Flamini (From what ive heard he has been rampant in pre-season) - Alternating with Fabregas depending on the game
    CM - Gilberto
    LM - Pires
    F - Van Persie
    S - Henry

ReputationRep:
    CHELSEA ARE TOO GOOD FOR EVERYONE.

Last time they fall back in UEFA coz of injuries. If Duff would have been playin or Robben then they would have done it.

This year Liverpool and Chelsea got the best squad i reckon.

EAST OR WEST CHELSEA IS THE BEST!!!

THE ROMAN ARMY

ReputationRep:
    in there dreams they will get 45 million euros.

doesnt matter coz Its ROMAN army and he is loaded.

GO ON CHELSEA YOU CAN WIN ALL FOUR TITLES THIS YEAR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nike_inc)

Last time they fall back in UEFA coz of injuries. If Duff would have been playin or Robben then they would have done it.

THE ROMAN ARMY
    Well if they cant handle a few injuries then obviously they arnt too good for everyone. Liverpool got the best squad? What top quality names have they bought in which makes them significantly different from last year? Crouch?

ReputationRep:

THE ROMAN ARMY
    no one ere cares about chelsea, go make ur own thread

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool: did not bought new players but they already have quality players.

Chelsea: They didnt had enough players now del horno and wirght-philips will and others will hammer all the other teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence)
    on bbc (switching between 1 and 2) starting 6pm tonight - will anyone be watching this?

it seems mainly about the 100m race, basically gatlin vs powell, and conditions are said to be perfect for a fast race tonight
    Definitely. Cant wait for the World Championships

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool: did not bought new players but they already have quality players.

Chelsea: They didnt had enough players now del horno and wirght-philips will and others will hammer all the other teams.
    How can they have the best squad and finish 5th last year?

ReputationRep:
    yeh coz they were not motivated coz stevie was leaving

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.