Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    from chelsea's title ceremony

*last pic - driver huth not pictured*
    Attached Images

(Original post by fernando)
    from chelsea's title ceremony

*last pic - driver huth not pictured*
    Yeh, so true. Terry, Cole and Gudjohnson are pretty hilarious looking. Maybe Huth ran them over? Would explain how slow he is. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    Yeh, so true. Terry, Cole and Gudjohnson are pretty hilarious looking. Maybe Huth ran them over? Would explain how slow he is. :rolleyes:
    now this pic is funny
    Attached Images

now this pic is funny
    Yes, he's running for the ball. Isn't that the point of football? Or, lest we forget, should one lob the ball up to Drogba to miss instead?

Saying that, Kewell running at all is quite amazing.

ReputationRep:
    at least drogba can play for more than 2 games without getting injured...sorry "injured"

at least drogba can play for more than 2 games without getting injured...sorry "injured"
    Which is, ineed, remarkable - considering he spends half the time rolling around on the floor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colly)
    Did anybody see O'Gara against Llanelli in the Celtic Cup final? I thought he was absolutely superb and could challenge for a place on the bench for the test matches if he plays like that mid-week. Jones definitely has to be seen as the favourite for understudy at the moment though.
    I agree, although Jones experience in the french league has certainly helped him, the french style of open rugby may be very useful against the all blacks as opposed to the 10 man rugby that england played when they beat them. Hence the infamous Mitchell comment "Orcs on steroids" (describing the english team)

ReputationRep:
    back on topic
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    It's not that I hate Savage but....
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Continued
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    football-tennis(tie), f1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yossarian)
    It's not that I hate Savage but....
    you must be the only person to not hate savage

ReputationRep:
    Didn't think they played that bad to be honest, I reckon they'll beat the all blacks after some more playing time together and a few more games. Jonny is back on form which is even better news!

ReputationRep:
    I like the action shot
    Attached Images

Isn't it funny how Liverpool players scored all 5 goals against Germany. And in the previous qualifier, it was Didi Hamann who stuck one past us from a free kick!

ReputationRep:
    The Lions team for the first game against Bay of Plenty next Saturday has been named:
    15-Josh Lewsey
    14-Mark Cueto
    13-Brian O'Driscoll (capt)
    12-Gavin Henson
    11-Tom Shanklin
    10-Ronan O'Gara
    9-Dwayne Peel
    1-Gethin Jenkins
    2-Gordon Bulloch
    3-Matt Stevens
    4-Paul O'Connell
    5-Ben Kay
    6-Richard Hill
    7-Martyn Williams
    8-Lawrence Dallaglio
    Replacements: Steve Thompson, Andrew Sheridan, Malcolm O'Kelly, Martin Corry, Matt Dawson, Charlie Hodgson, Gordon D'Arcy.

I think it's a very strong team for a warm-up game, obviously Sir Clive wants to lay down a marker for the tour with a good win, particularly after the poor Argentina performance. Interesting to see ROG at 10. Comments?

ReputationRep:
    American Football

ReputationRep:
    cricket and badminton

ReputationRep:
    yea i agree, strong team, didnt think kay or bulloch should have started though

ReputationRep:
    I dont think you could condemn them too much...despite the individual talents there, for people who have only been playing together for three days prior to the match, its a shock they even drew.
    I was at the match and despite the scoreline, it really was a great game to watch.
    Sadly though, the welsh players did not impress - owen looked lost and shane williams sadly just doesn't have the power, and why was he off his wing during a defensive phase of play in the first 10 minutes to let in a try???
    I think moody is really under-rated. His restart ability is brilliant, and his field presence can be compared to that of LD (this can be seen as far back as the world cup final, as he took virtually every other tackle after his substitution, and was glorified by martin johnson, saying that he paid a huge part in pressuring the aussies to skew a kick leading up to that famous drop goal).
    Also, the fact that the same tactic was used again and again by owen from every kick off, with no high ball going down the flanks, e.g. to grewcock., but instead resulted in a little pack of argentinian players congregated in the central line, forcing moody to crash through them in mid-air to even reach the ball. Corry also looked uncommited and lumbering, and should really have been there to take the ball forward from moody, as a greater back row player would have.
    Cusiter aswell looked on top form, with some good runs and brilliant spun out balls from the rucks, whereas coopers were badly placed, leaving wilkinsons arms above his head, and in serious danger of broken ribs (personal experience - was not fun), maybe its a welsh conspiracy, who knows
    Also, thompsons throwing in has been improving of late, and any hooker who has the insight to be on the opposite wing waiting for a match-winning ball shows the experience which is necessary in such a touch competition.
    Anyway - Looks like the team against Bay of Plenty on saturday will be fantastic, with a very strong line up

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.