Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    Don't you get an automatic place if you're captain? xx
    Nope but it'd be hard to be dropped and you'd usually firstly lose the captaincy then be slowly pushed out. Also Vaughan's tactical knowledge is hardly exceptional and Trescothick could do an equally good job and the quality of Englands batting doesnt allow them to have one man whos not scoring. Yes Bell is one for the future and iv seen him bat well for Warwickshire, however in his position (for this series) someone like Thorpe should have been picked ahead of him.

ReputationRep:
    yeah they do, Ishe Smith is Fighting Jesse Brinkley on September 1st, and alfonso against someone on the same night.

Ahmed Kaddour off the show had a fight last night and won in 8 rounds.

ReputationRep:
    Vaughan has made some bad calls in this test with his captaincy, but i dont think theres any point in getting rid of him, though Gatt talks a good game on TMS

Basically, i think what we can take from this test is that though England are comfortably second best in the world, Australia are still streets ahead of the rest.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think Vaughan has a few flaws in his captaincy (as does Ponting for that matter) but he's still young and improving.
    The difference though, is that Ponting has the best team in the world, so his tactical errors don't count for much, whereas England, a good side, but not as good as the Aussies.

ReputationRep:
    Pfft, can't believe Vinokorouv won the sprint, he did it seemingly easy as well!

ReputationRep:
    Well he was willing to attack just like he has throughout the 3 weeks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    The difference though, is that Ponting has the best team in the world, so his tactical errors don't count for much, whereas England, a good side, but not as good as the Aussies.
    I dont think that is really the issue...tactically vaughan isn't too bad in my own opinion, but he has been lacking with the bat since he took over the captaincy - which is a disease suffered by all england captains since we last won the ashes as it happens...
    shame it stopped raining today though...looked like we could have had it in the bag until then!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh but I thought just like the last 3 weeks it'd turn into nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Scruffy)
    yeah they do, Ishe Smith is Fighting Jesse Brinkley on September 1st, and alfonso against someone on the same night.

Ahmed Kaddour off the show had a fight last night and won in 8 rounds.
    It was a good fight for ahmed. I think he needs more experience and needs opponents like this to step up. He could be a quality fighter if he learns to box more rather than fight.

BTW

manfredo vs gomez [i think manfredo will win it by decision]
    brinkley vs ishe smith [ishe will win by TKO or by UD]

are live on the 1st September 2005.

manfredo vs gomez will be boring... stupid contracts on the fighters, they should be allowed to fight other fighters. Oscar is interested in brinkley, that'll be good, oscar will probably knock brinkley out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmyl)
    wow, 35 vbookie cash coming my way. joy! hehe
    lol - glad to see I'm not the only one profiting from london's brilliant victory .
    About a fortnight before the announcement I made a bet on them winning. Partly because for some weird reason it felt like a good way of supporting the bid, but also because the odds didn't seem to reflect the tru likelihood of London winning. Was going to bet £10 but then chickened out and just put a fiver on. Still, can't argue with £22.50 can you?!

ReputationRep:
    just realised vBookie isn't real money ...
    ...but I bet with ladbrokes.com which is !

ReputationRep:
    All that energy wasted on fruitless attacks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiempo)
    DAMN

Well at least the new season is heading this way!!!

I could just hug someone!!!!
    *arms open...*

WEEEHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

safe, maple leafs rule

habs suck :p:

ReputationRep:
    OOOOOOO

2 on 1...

I like this....

But one of these days, I will get a nice high paid job and after all the luxury items for me and my room, the Leafs shirt with my name and a number (which I have not yet decided) will be purchased, and never worn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC REN)
    safe, maple leafs rule

habs suck :p:
    I'm sorry, I was too busy counting the 23 Stanley Cup banners that adorn the ceiling of the Bell Centre...what was it you were saying? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hehehe...I was introduced to ice hockey by a leafs fan so I just start supporting them... I don't really know much about the sport yet but I'm sure I'll pick it up!!

ReputationRep:
    the peace cup

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ur/4711957.stm

they did beat a lyon team (with michael essien) in the final though, which is pretty good. european qualification next season defo.

ReputationRep:
    They also won the London Masters. :p:

ReputationRep:
    beijing is not the best team in china, the strongest soccor team in china is Dalian soccor team where the forward player Dong Fangzhuo came from!

guess it gonna be a mass, coz it is full of the comecial smell, saw the match between Real Madrid and Beijing, it is a real ****!

ReputationRep:
    He is certainly a contender for next year, all he has to do is switch teams because TMobile will never overlook Ulrich.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.