Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    still balances up economically - i'd rather get davids for free and pay £80k or so a week rather than spend £14m on baptista

ReputationRep:
    Hint of a propaganda stunt about it for me....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reloader)
    they may have to start in division 1
    Not even then. They would have to start in the Conference I believe.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ur/4719445.stm

ReputationRep:
    ooh good for you....

seriously who actually gives a toss about some token trophy played in the home of world football, south korea.....:rolleyes:

oh apparently someone does

"Spurs chairman Daniel Levy told the club's website: "I'm absolutely delighted for Martin and the team and it's a terrific start to our season."

what a loser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Yeh, that would be the only fair place to start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parisian Scot)
    Yeh, that would be the only fair place to start
    I'm not sure if it would be the standard Conference or the north and south ones but I believe there is a formal procedure should Celtic and/or Rangers enter the EPL. I wonder if the FA are against it on the same grounds as the SFA are against a Great Britain team in the Olympics. Also, would this move be popular amongst Rangers and Celtic fans in Scotland?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    With another title under his belt, Nadal has now moved up to 2nd in the World Rankings! =')
    Serious? OMG, he is only 19 years old, unbelievable. Do you have a site with the world rankings of tennis?

ReputationRep:
    Good thread.

I do believe both Celtic & Rangers should both be in the Premier league. However, if either of them had a brain between them, they would of done what AFC Wimbledon has done and entered the football league all over again with their loyal base of fans and some of the original players from old and have already got to the Southern or Ryman League Premier. This is 5 divisions from the Premier now, something they can look forward to achieving. I'm sure they will get as far as the 1st Division in 6 years with their 3000 supporters that have loyally supported them throughout the pyramid campaign.

As far as Scottish is concerened, I'm sure it can only improve your national side with scottish players regularly playing against some of the best class in the world. Hartson was just an average player and is playing as a forward for one of the biggest clubs in Scotland. It says a lot; and it needs to be changed.

Both Rangers & Celtic can at least put some of their reserve team players in the pyramid leagues until I'm sure they are successful enough to at least get to the 2nd division. Then just improve the squad gradually until the premiership is reached, to which I'm sure both would with their outstanding support both Glasghow clubs receive.

I don't believe they shpuld just be given passes to the Premier league because that would be terribly unfair on teams like Wimbledon in London having to go through the lengthy proccess that both Glasgow clubs would miss out on.

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid not - The Unibond (or whatever sponsor it currently is) 2 division or even possibly the home counties.

Home counties
    Northern League (Unibond) 2nd division
    Northern League 1st
    Northern League Premier
    Vauxhall Conference North
    Vauxhall Conference Premier
    2nd Division
    1st Division
    The Championship
    Premier League

oh. . . . and their could be more leagues below the home counties by the way.

Good website for all the information: http://www.thepyramid.info/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    I'm afraid not - The Unibond (or whatever sponsor it currently is) 2 division or even possibly the home counties.

Home counties
    Northern League (Unibond) 2nd division
    Northern League 1st
    Northern League Premier
    Vauxhall Conference North
    Vauxhall Conference Premier
    2nd Division
    1st Division
    The Championship
    Premier League

oh. . . . and their could be more leagues below the home counties by the way.

Good website for all the information: http://www.thepyramid.info/
    Thanks for the info. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    i would go to watch Celtic/Rangers play against my conference team

ReputationRep:
    dont make eye contact with any of their fans though, they see it as a sign of aggression :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fernando)
    i would go to watch Celtic/Rangers play against my conference team
    Which could be Chelsea after Roman does one!

Why, which conference club do you support?

ReputationRep:
    Stevenage I think.

ReputationRep:
    Good thread.

I do believe both Celtic & Rangers should both be in the Premier league. However, if either of them had a brain between them, they would of done what AFC Wimbledon has done and entered the football league all over again with their loyal base of fans and some of the original players from old and have already got to the Southern or Ryman League Premier. This is 5 divisions from the Premier now, something they can look forward to achieving. I'm sure they will get as far as the 1st Division in 6 years with their 3000 supporters that have loyally supported them throughout the pyramid campaign.

As far as Scottish is concerened, I'm sure it can only improve your national side with scottish players regularly playing against some of the best class in the world. Hartson was just an average player and is playing as a forward for one of the biggest clubs in Scotland. It says a lot; and it needs to be changed.

Both Rangers & Celtic can at least put some of their reserve team players in the pyramid leagues until I'm sure they are successful enough to at least get to the 2nd division. Then just improve the squad gradually until the premiership is reached, to which I'm sure both would with their outstanding support both Glasghow clubs receive.

I don't believe they shpuld just be given passes to the Premier league because that would be terribly unfair on teams like Wimbledon in London having to go through the lengthy proccess that both Glasgow clubs would miss out on.
    In terms of scottish players in Old Firm starting line ups, if anything these numbers will go down in the increased competition of the EPL. Fans of Rangers and Celtic, like most clubs have very little patience and young scottish players are not given the chances to prove themselves because the managers are slated if they underperform. Many a promising career has been destroyed on the benches of Ibrox and Parkhead.

As for Hartson, he is indeed balls, as is the SPL so i suppose it cancels out!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if it would be the standard Conference or the north and south ones but I believe there is a formal procedure should Celtic and/or Rangers enter the EPL. I wonder if the FA are against it on the same grounds as the SFA are against a Great Britain team in the Olympics. Also, would this move be popular amongst Rangers and Celtic fans in Scotland?
    The Great Britain Olympic Team is a fantastic idea and although no scottish players would even be close to making the team if it were picked today, in 7 years who knows. The sheer incompetence of FIFA is staggering. How hard would it be to understand? Scotland is a country, England is a country. Two scottish plays play in England and suddenly we dont exist anymore!

ReputationRep:
    Now this is getting political . . .I think its Scotland who wants to become independant of us!

There is one thing I do love though; and its that of seeing the British Lions or the GB & NI Olympic team be part of a whole squad. I would love to see this in Football. The British Lions of football.

In regards to scottish players, the same thing has happened to a lot of the English players, but like a few, some of the best come through and a world class stars such as Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Shaun Wright Phillips etc. This is by no means impossible for Scotland. Its just about giving them some real competition that they can compete for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parisian Scot)
    How hard would it be to understand? Scotland is a country, England is a country.
    Scotland ceased to be a country in its own right in 1707. I guess you could call it a nation though. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    There is one thing I do love though; and its that of seeing the British Lions or the GB & NI Olympic team be part of a whole squad. I would love to see this in Football. The British Lions of football.
    I would also be happy to see a combined British and Irish side for football. Duff and Cole on the wings with Owen as CF. I despise people when they get on their national high horse in football such as that GB team in football when they fail to look at rugby etc. We are a united kingdom, so act like it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.