Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    you're spending £4.5m on him for just 1 season (contract/signing on fee) :eek: no wonder no-one else wanted to bid for him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parisian Scot)
    Rangers and Celtic are not among the richest clubs in the world, however they do have the potential to be.
    Yes they are. They have both been in every top 20 ranking of the worlds richest clubs for a number of years. If they were recieving the TV money a club like Charlton or Southampton get in the prem then theyd be firmly in the top 10 and approaching top 5.
    Celtic's signings in partcular have been pathetic (Adam Virgo wtf!) and on this evidence you can see their motivation for wanting to move.
    A potential player. Examples of which can be found on the acquisitions list of any 'big' club int he world.
    You could be right about the SPL, for I know many casual Aberdeen fans who might consider a season ticket if we were challenging for the title year in year out.
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Fueled by reasons we do not wish to have in England (i.e. religion). I believe Real Madrid have overtaken Manchester United and Chelsea are catching the top two considerably.
    Although I dont like the link between religion and the two clubs, because the two should be completely seperate. However,there are 1.4 billion Catholics worldwide. Thats 1.4 billion potential Celtic fans. Their worldwide support, especially in the US is huge, and if well marketed could easily be the biggest club in the world. As I've said before, it is the businesses and broadcasters who will be the brokers of any Old Firm and they will well aware of the potential for profit.

ReputationRep:
    Although I dont like the link between religion and the two clubs, because the two should be completely seperate. However,there are 1.4 billion Catholics worldwide. Thats 1.4 billion potential Celtic fans. Their worldwide support, especially in the US is huge, and if well marketed could easily be the biggest club in the world. As I've said before, it is the businesses and broadcasters who will be the brokers of any Old Firm and they will well aware of the potential for profit.
    Yeah but football is not that popular in many parts of the US and where it's more popular there are less Catholics proportionally I believe. Then a lot of them would support local teams, especially Brazil (e.g. Santos).

I personally doubt whether they could be as big as you think mainly because of Italian, Spanish and English powers in football about.

ReputationRep:
    If they were recieving the TV money a club like Charlton or Southampton get in the prem then theyd be firmly in the top 10 and approaching top 5. (quote from an Siarach)

Exactement

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but football is not that popular in many parts of the US and where it's more popular there are less Catholics proportionally I believe. Then a lot of them would support local teams, especially Brazil (e.g. Santos).

I personally doubt whether they could be as big as you think mainly because of Italian, Spanish and English powers in football about.
    True, True. Especially if they play as s*** as they are at the moment. 1-0 down to a bunch of Slovakian amateurs at half-time. Nice one Strachan!

ReputationRep:
    just wait until spurs have a top 5 finish

ReputationRep:
    ishe and Jesse is off. Jesse wants to go up to 164-168 and Ishe fights at 140 and wont go up that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by material breach)
    ooh good for you....

seriously who actually gives a toss about some token trophy played in the home of world football, south korea.....:rolleyes:

oh apparently someone does

"Spurs chairman Daniel Levy told the club's website: "I'm absolutely delighted for Martin and the team and it's a terrific start to our season."

what a loser.
    Where's you usual diplomatic self? You only have one bright green gem now? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Scruffy)
    ishe and Jesse is off. Jesse wants to go up to 164-168 and Ishe fights at 140 and wont go up that much.
    Ishe would of won it easy anyway, jesse is scared to fight him. Should be at 145-150. Jesse might aswell go to Lt Heavyweight.

Now lets hope the contender team let ishe fight other fighters rather than the contender ones. Although manfredo vs ishe would look interesting, gomez could fight mora instead.

ReputationRep:
    Same could be said about Leeds many years ago. Look what happened.
    no...leeds sacked a perfectly good manager for next to no reason and paid the price. then cycled through the same repair men like venables who turn up at clubs and do next to nothing...

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Didnt even think they were that high!
    the fanatical support in places like northern ireland take them over the top of most clubs wildest dreams.

ReputationRep:
    and if any of the old firm were to get relegated it would be celtic...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ic/4718461.stm

blasted by a bunch of slovakian minnows. hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    I couldnt believe it. Unheard team giving celtic a lesson in European football. Celtic are out!

ReputationRep:
    They're still in it, 6-0 for Celtic should seal it

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell! Strachan's first competetive game in charge as well!

No UEFA Cup either, assuming they don't whoop 'em at home...

ReputationRep:
    How did Celtic manage to concede that many goals though, surely thats going to be a worry too for the start of the SPL.

ReputationRep:
    I reckon they'll get through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    I reckon they'll get through.
    Celtic score 6 goals with no Sutton and Hartson up front? No chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    the fanatical support in places like northern ireland take them over the top of most clubs wildest dreams.
    Not necessarily a good thing when you see what often results from such 'fanatical support'

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.