Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    Yey! I just got 2540! I got him all the way into the prison!
    I think I'll have another go at it!

ReputationRep:
    2033 so far:/

ReputationRep:
    I should think he was.

ReputationRep:
    2920! I didn't even get him anywhere near the prison that time!

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Five, and with a bit of luck the season afterwards will be six. That would be incredible. Suppose if that happened or something similar then JM must get an honour from the Queen like SAF.
    He's no Bill Shankly or Bob Paisley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    SAF is no Bob Paisley. Yes I agree. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    There was never ANY suggestion of that! :cool:

There was never ANY suggestion of that! :cool:
    Lol, I know. Just reminiscing to a time when I never existed. Shanks would have given Jose a right kick up the arse and told him to engage brain, and get on with it.

(Original post by Bill)
    Some people believe that football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with that attitude, it is much, much more important than that!
    *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    2120 my best so far.

ReputationRep:
    3602. :d

ReputationRep:
    Just reminiscing to a time when I never existed. Shanks would have given Jose a right kick up the arse and told him to engage brain, and get on with it.

*sigh*
    Let me join you.

*sigh*

(haha! Jose's crying!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    Joe Gilbert is nothing like a world class fighter, Manfredo is quickly becoming a bum. A point about Sergio Mora...if you watch boxing a lot like I do you would notice he lacks of power, he will win some fights but this will haunt him ...prob limiting his chances of true world success...
    Very true. He's defense needs work as if he is to fight hopkins or taylor for example, he will get ko'ed. Gilbert will go far if his mental game is sorted out. As for manfredo, his psychological issues haunt him too - he has to treat fights as if he is the underdog, that's when he truely fights to his peak. Otherwise, he wont ne no1 ever.

Ahmed needs alot of work too, hopefully he improves - i enjoy watching his fights.

Gomez should go to welterweight, he could really do something there .

Let me join you.
    *shifts up*
    (Original post by Bill)
    Of course I didn't take my wife to see Rochdale as an anniversary present, it was her birthday. Would I have got married in the football season? Anyway, it was Rochdale reserves.
    Classic, absolute genius!

ReputationRep:
    Let me join you.

*sigh*

(haha! Jose's crying!)
    And Brian Clough comes in to join Mourinho on his side. Class. :p:

And Brian Clough comes in to join Mourinho on his side. Class. :p:
    Aye, I've got one on Cloughy too:
    He's worse than the rain in Manchester. At least the rain in Manchester stops occasionally.
    You're speaking to the kid who was brought up on Bill, Bob & Joe. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    So you'll remember the comedy actor Groucho Marx performing on TV in black and white I take it too? And "Yes, We Have No Bananas" was a hit when you were a youngster too then?

ReputationRep:
    So you'll remember the comedy actor Groucho Marx performing on TV in black and white I take it too? And "Yes, We Have No Bananas" was a hit when you were a youngster too then?
    I randomly said "Yes, we have no bananas" to someone awhile ago. He was confused and i couldn't explain where i got heard it or what it's about. Can you fill me in?

You've misunderstood me. I wasn't around then, but I practically lived around them. Football's a far bigger thing in Merseyside than many may comprehend, and you don't get more emotional or sentimental than Liverpool Football Club. As a boy, I was used to watching Liverpool get beaten, beaten again, beaten again - but I'd listened to my dad and grandpa and whoever else banging on about this great man called St John, yada yada.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Did the proposal to increase the amount of playoff teams in each conference to ten pass?
    Nope. (Thank goodness!)

They have as good a shot as any team, especially since their payroll wasn't too high before the lockout. Ottawa should have a good shot for the same reason.
    Don't pump them up, they were supposed to win last season, too. Besides, as much as I would LOVE for the Sens to make it to the Final (They are my primary team), I know that I would feel the need to bolt to Ottawa to be there, which would be impulsive and bad and something that a college student really shouldn't be blowing money on...and yet, I know I would have to do it. So, I'm aiming for continuing the pattern of success and let down until I graduate and have a decent job. Yes, I am crazy.

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember who's sig it's in (a regular poster on UFT, can't be bothered to check)
    "There are two great teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool reserves"

What happened to that thread about SWP joining Chelsea? I wonder where it went. :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.