Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by jamlan)
    I can't remember who's sig it's in (a regular poster on UFT, can't be bothered to check)
    "There are two great teams in Liverpool. Liverpool and Liverpool reserves"
    That's the one! None of this "no, the best team lost" business! Or moaning about injuries for that matter...

Take that poof bandage off, and what do you mean your knee, it's Liverpool's knee!
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    That's the one! None of this "no, the best team lost" business! Or moaning about injuries for that matter...

"Take that poof bandage off, and what do you mean your knee, it's Liverpool's knee!"
    :rofl:
    Haha! Yes, brilliant. That's how it should be.
    It annoyed me a bit when Alonso was wrongly suspended for the second leg of the CL semi. Benitez was saying how it was wrong and now he'll miss this really big game. So Mourinho replied by saying that all clubs have to put up with players missing games thru injury and whatever and he shouldn't moan. So when he doesn't have Robben and Duff for the Anfield game he what does he do. Moans like a w****! Not to mention the complaining once they'd lost. It's not like it was our fault they were injured, get some better physios or something!

Haha! Yes, brilliant. That's how it should be.
    It annoyed me a bit when Alonso was wrongly suspended for the second leg of the CL semi. Benitez was saying how it was wrong and now he'll miss this really big game. So Mourinho replied by saying that all clubs have to put up with players missing games thru injury and whatever and he shouldn't moan. So when he doesn't have Robben and Duff for the Anfield game he what does he do. Moans like a w****! Not to mention the complaining once they'd lost. It's not like it was our fault they were injured, get some better physios or something!
    To be honest, he was moaning, and pining, and whinging and belittling all the way through the pre-game - banter it was not. All in all, his comments, as well as our 'goal', made me laugh all the more once we'd wiped the dirty smile off his face. Ah well, at least the Evening Standard and Mastercard like him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    You've misunderstood me. I wasn't around then, but I practically lived around them.
    I was thinking that originally but ah well.

ReputationRep:
    I just read this

Moores claims he appointed boss Rafael Benitez last summer because "he talked like Bill Shankly with a different accent,"
    Woohoo! Maybe without the cutting remarks too, but with the amusing comments

"I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp"

"I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp"
    Classic! I read that on the official site too. Reckon he's been reading up on the old Shanklyisms? :p:

Seems similar to another I've heard somewhere... I'll go google it.

EDIT: "When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury.", said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."

ReputationRep:
    3777 and an ozzie in jail...it doesn't get much better than that!Bring it on!

ReputationRep:
    gonna be a cracker in the tri nations...

reckon south africa will win this match myself, but NZ for the tri nations

ReputationRep:
    I think if Boston can pull together a more consistent performing team, they'd do well. They seemed to scrape a lot of points by pushing games into overtime but that obviously didn't work in the playoffs. *Eye twitch at the memory of losing in 7 to Montreal*.

ReputationRep:
    Lol you know so much about Australian sport :p:

Yeah hehe this is HUGE over here :eek:

Go Australia! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    *waits for Everdawn to get here* :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    According to the BBC website, the man who the Aussies described as the 'best rugby player of either code' when the ARU tried to get him to convert to union for the next World Cup, Andrew Johns, is joining Warrington Wolves for the end of the Super League season.

His club, Newcastle Knights, are not going to make the playoffs (mainly because he missed the first half of the season through injury and were bottom of the table but since Johns has come back they've been on a great run of form), so when the Aussie season finishes Johns will join Warrington who are 4th just behind 3rd in the table, for the last few games of the season and then the playoffs.

On one level this is ultra short term and looks like a publicity gimmick, but as well as filling the Halliwell Jones stadium at the end of the season this could switch the balance of power in Super League, Warrington are a good side but a bit behind Leeds and Saints, but adding Johns will make a difference.

Anybody who watched State of Origin games 2 and 3 when Johns came back into the NSW team will see just how much influence he can have. Personally I've never seen a single player in any sport have such an influence on a team.
    If the RL is on a pub or if you have Sky try and catch one of the Warrington games if Johns is playing, genuine genius and all time great...you are talking up there with Maradona, Don Bradman, that sort of standard player...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AATTMM)
    I think if Boston can pull together a more consistent performing team, they'd do well. They seemed to scrape a lot of points by pushing games into overtime but that obviously didn't work in the playoffs. *Eye twitch at the memory of losing in 7 to Montreal*.
    *sigh* Oh, the memories.

Boston has lots of good, young players. They have a nice future. Though, I'd probably give them this year to have some ups and downs, to kind of congeal as a team, and then see them excel next season, once all of the young guys can read their teammates a bit better. The extended break didn't do Boston any favors.

ReputationRep:
    Curl with bar - 40kg
    Bench 65kg

All weights are 3x10 or equivalent, i know youll wanna show off cambridge muscle :P

ReputationRep:
    Andrew Johns is amazing. Full stop. If anyone doubts it watch some newcastle games.. he holds the team together!

ReputationRep:
    ahaha... yeah, bit odd everdawn hasnt taken over this post with the "Go Australia" chants... but to add my little bit...um... Go Australia!!!

ReputationRep:
    nah.. celtic is out, 5 goals down is too huge of a defecit to turn over. And it dosent bode well for the future.....!!...... as for them in the EPL, I reckon they would be around the portsmouth level, clear of relegation, but barely

ReputationRep:
    She's not been around for a couple of days, so maybe she is having a short hol or something.

ReputationRep:
    everyone asks me this mate. why not ask how much i leg press. spose its not as macho is it.

bench 115kg 3 reps.

i used to curl loads but i'm using supersets more often now cus i've knackered my wrist. call it 22kg on each arm.

ReputationRep:
    well...to do my best to stand in....
    the awl blicks or bokkes dont stand a chance
    aussie aussie aussie - oi oi oi!
    waltzing matilda, waltzing matilda....

There u go...
    i do agree though - oz for the win and NZ for the cup

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.