Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AATTMM)
    Heh... no suprises... that Sidney Crosby dude went to Pittsburgh, he can wave bye bye to furthering his career . Hehe.
    In case you haven't realized, his success is basically assured, and whatever team he went to would reap the rewards of it. No more bashing Pittsburgh, please. That's my job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sub)
    ahaha... yeah, bit odd everdawn hasnt taken over this post with the "Go Australia" chants... but to add my little bit...um... Go Australia!!!
    No, it's go the Wallabies!!! :p: I felt a bit of an amateur writing 'Go Australia'

Oh and go the Brumbies too *sorry, couldn't help myself*

ReputationRep:
    awww....as brucie would say "didn't you do well"
    No - you bottled it....
    its quite bizarre how SA come into their own against other southern hemisphere sides, whereas against european clubs look less convincing....

ReputationRep:
    Ego-Thread

Anyway I can bench 60kg (barbell) for ~8 reps and curl about 25kg (barbell) which isn't a lot considering I've been lifting (it stops during the summer since I cannot afford a proper gym or use the college gym) since November '03. I don't eat nearly as much as I need to either, I weigh ~59kg (~9 stone 3 pounds).

ReputationRep:
    Hehe. I was only kidding. BTW, is Lemieux still playing?

ReputationRep:
    I find I can curl way more than double with a dumbell than with a barbell. I don't know why though, maybe my arms are lacking some teamwork

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible that your form isn't so good on the dumbbell curls? It is easier to sacrifice good form with dumbbells, especially if you curl alternate arms (which is most common). I was hammer curling with 14kg dumbbells at the end of my session today and my form was poor. I had no energy left so I should really have been using even less weight. I usually curl 16s with good form. I was squatting, benching, and deadlifting (among other lifts) before the curls today because my gym membership's run out.
    Squatted 70kg for 10 but could have done more. It's only the third time I've done free weight squats but I'll be doing them plenty more in the future I think. I did them on the smith machine before and to anyone that does just smith squats: do free weight squats they're 100x better! Unfortunately my last gym didn't have a free weight squat rack so I guess that can be a problem for people.

ReputationRep:
    eh... i can bench 100kg on the smith, somewhat lower than that though unassisted, though i have never maxed out since i don't have a decent spotter.

quoting barbell curl lifts is a waste of time, since most of you probably lift most of the weight with your back, as i see happen in the gym daily. i preacher curled 27kg for 6 with a straight bar a while ago, i should probably try and increase that.

of course, the real question to be asked is how much can you squat...

ReputationRep:
    breaking news hull fc r headin 2 their first cup final in 20 yrs after a superb display ripping the current holders st helens apart. every player frm 1 to 17 outplayed their opponants. so ive just got one thing 2 say BRING ON THE RHINOS (providing they can beat toulouse well stranger things have happened!)

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, yeah I agree with what you're saying about curls. Virtually anyone can curl 25kg if they have bad enough form!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bred)
    Anyway, yeah I agree with what you're saying about curls. Virtually anyone can curl 25kg if they have bad enough form!
    oh yes.

ReputationRep:
    i know its a bit late but thanks for the reply. i have some protein powder at the moment which is near impossible to dissolve lol
    don't buy the milk and egg protein

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hull chic)
    breaking news hull fc r headin 2 their first cup final in 20 yrs after a superb display ripping the current holders st helens apart. every player frm 1 to 17 outplayed their opponants. so ive just got one thing 2 say BRING ON THE RHINOS (providing they can beat toulouse well stranger things have happened!)
    Initially thought you were talking about Football, but then realised your on about Rugby :boring: ..altho i can hardly talk as i like cricket!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bred)
    i know its a bit late but thanks for the reply. i have some protein powder at the moment which is near impossible to dissolve lol
    don't buy the milk and egg protein
    or don't buy anything for over £10 a lb

ReputationRep:
    sounds good. out of stock atm though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AATTMM)
    Hehe. I was only kidding. BTW, is Lemieux still playing?
    Yes, he said he plans on going at least two more seasons, with a possibility for a third. All of this, of course, depends on his health, as well, though.

ReputationRep:
    same here...NUFC! The coverage of Man UTd's asian tour is on MUTV but later on Bravo usually show the matches.

ReputationRep:
    First one, if you're playing in the park it will last you a LONG time. I bought it and its very good

ReputationRep:
    Gordon Strachan, not again. Celtic escaped a humiliation by getting that 4th goal to make it 4-4 with Motherwell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wellsto)
    same here...NUFC! The coverage of Man UTd's asian tour is on MUTV but later on Bravo usually show the matches.
    And meanwhile, we've got stupid Radio Newcastle. My dad reckons we always lose if we listen to their commentary!

Do you get to many matches, Wellsto?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.