Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im lookin 4ward 2 seeing johns play over here he is an amazing player my only problem is the "fairness" i no any1 else could do it but i dont think it adds 2 the profile of the english game when clubs feel they need 2 bring players in 4 6 games 2 try and win the comp if they win it cos of johns i think it will cheapen the whole thing its not as if hes played the season or is even staying 4 a yr. i also think it will b interesting 2 c if it causes any trouble in the camp with players who've played all season being dropped 2 incorporate johns 4 a few games. saying that tho i am looking 4ward 2 seeing him at the kc stadium at the end of the season provided he doesnt rip us 2 pieces!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by durhamlad1)
    poofter sport, simple.
    Not a very nice thing to say and if I was feeling particularly PMT I would warn you for that. Be nice, express your opinion in a nicer way please.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please explain how the f**k to do breast stroke! I cannot get my head round it, but I am getting tired of doing front crawl, breast stroke looks far more relaxed and comfortable!

ReputationRep:
    Do this, and then kind of stretch it all outwards at once, then bring them back to that position so that your limb sort of do cirular-ish movements

never thought I'd be explaing anything like this in writing

ReputationRep:
    It's nigh on impossible to explain in words! It is pretty much making circles with your arms and legs at the same time

*lets someone else make the dirty comment* :rolleyes:

See here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Why can't people pick on Millwall instead? :p:
    We don't want to get our faces smashed in ?

ReputationRep:
    breaststroke is evil. It must be destroyed. Backcrawl shall become the new emperor! Long live backcrawl, down with breaststroke! Mwahahahahah.

sorry.

it's just, with a lifetime of swimming behind me, I can't understand how anyone could like that stroke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sub)
    Im a bit worried about thorpe... hes been out for a fair while know... after taking such a long break is it even possible to make a comeback at the highest level? if not we've lost a realy gem of a swimmer....
    I'm not particularly concerned - he's still quite young (22, or 23 in October from what I know I could ask my boss, I work at the AIS as a receptionist haha :p: ) so still got a fair amount of time.

Also he trains quite a bit! Out of the spotlight he may be, but he still works hard.

DB_x

ReputationRep:
    McGrath is out of the second test after injuring himself in warm up. It may sound harsh, but I hope it'll keep him out of the remaining tests.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see it as being a problem, Warrington have done the hard work all season to finish in a good league position and now have added to their squad to strengthen the playoff bid. As you say any club could do it, in fact the Roosters arent in the NRL playoffs are they.....watch for Bradford making a move for a Great Britain player who needs to come over here for the back end of the season to build up fitness for the Tri Nations.

ReputationRep:
    imasillynarb - can we really say Hackett is better than Thorpe or Thorpe is better than Hackett though? They are both world record holders and don't swim identical events so I don't think we should take any credit away from either of them. Although the 1,500m may require more mental and physical stamina, and more metres in training, I still admire sprinters just as much, although for different reasons. Undoubtedly Hackett is the greatest distance freestyler ever though.
    What about Roland Schoeman? Getting the sprint double in 50 fly and free (22.96 for 50 fly :O). Oops, I just remember this thread's for Australian swimming, soz.

ReputationRep:
    I remember doing breastroke pull sometimes in training. :/ I always felt like I wasn't moving at all. My kick just seems to slow me down when I bring my legs forward, I dunno what I do wrong. At 14 I only swam 1:19 for 100m breast whereas I swam 1:04 for fly. :/

ReputationRep:
    I call it 'frog-style' :p:

ReputationRep:
    There is a pattern in breastroke, but it's hard to explain. Kick your legs firmly and smoothly, and then comes the hand pushing the water back behind you. Your hand should be streamline in front of your head to reduce the friction when kicking the water, and slightly turn your hand inwards to increase the surface to push to water behind you, and your legs at this point should be streamline. People mistaken breastroke as moving hand and leg together, that's wrong and you’re properly going find yourself stay at the same spot...

P.S Grr it's really hard to explain...all you need to do it's practice and you will find this rhythmic pattern that words perfectly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenmuzz)
    breaststroke is evil. It must be destroyed. Backcrawl shall become the new emperor! Long live backcrawl, down with breaststroke! Mwahahahahah.

sorry.

it's just, with a lifetime of swimming behind me, I can't understand how anyone could like that stroke.
    That's funny, because breast-stroke is my best stroke, while back-stroke is my worst.

Not counting front-crawl...which is probably everyone's best.

ReputationRep:
    Breast stroke is easy for fat people. They float easily and its not so tiring for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshdajoker)
    Breast stroke is easy for fat people. They float easily and its not so tiring for them.
    LOL every style of swimming are easier for fat people

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone into motocross, i'd love to try it but i don't really know where or how to start.

ReputationRep:
    Despite what some people have said, breast-stroke isn't about pushing the the arms and legs all at once, infact its the opposite.

The first part of the movement is the legs, arms pointing out straight together, pull your legs up to your bum and push them backwards, after you've been "floating" for a while, do an outward circle with your arms(don't make it too wide) and bring your head up at the same time to breath, then push with the legs whilst straightening your arms.

So, arms first, then legs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/h...00/2135639.stm

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.