Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I was saying, they're in uncomparable events, saying that, Hackett has won golds in 800m and 400m where as thorpe has never won gold in 1500m

ReputationRep:
    The Sun?

I never believe anything from that paper... Only the score lines from the Football section
    And even then - sometimes its hard to believe!

ReputationRep:
    oh dear how sad never mind

ReputationRep:
    Kinda sad how it makes front page news every time something ordinary happens to some famous person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Song)
    hey,guys,
    today i saw the newspaper , knowing when beckham was shopping with Victoria in the street, a blonde girl rushed up to slapped the Beck on the face?
    is it really happend?
    what happened to Beck? and that mad girl>?
    I don't think that nobody cares.....
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    The tenth IAAF World Championships in Athletics will upon us in a short while.

It comes from the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki, the same place the first World Championships were held back in 1983.

So, does anyone have any predictions as to who might win what?

ReputationRep:
    And saying that Thorpe is the Olympic Champion in the 200m! So yeah, they're both amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Hacketts range of events is more impressive in my opinion..

ReputationRep:
    I'll be there watching them win stuff! *Has connections*

Isinbayeva (obv) for Pole Vault

Lots of people are out though aren't they, like El Guerrouj, so quite a lot of the events are more open

ReputationRep:
    Not expecting a great championship personally. My two favourite events are triple jump and 100m. Christian Olsson pulled out of the triple jump which I guess is good for Nathan Douglas who I will be supporting but cant see a create event happening. 100m looks set for Gatlin after Powell pulled out so cant see a great event in that either

ReputationRep:
    has no one noticed but there was the first day of an ashes test today...how great was flintoff and pietersen today! i want to see that again! shame geraint jones tripped himself up again - i reckon pietersen would have got his 100 if it hadn't been for that...
    i know it is a little premature to call...but maybe we could swap ian bell for someone who can bat? After todays performance him and GJ should both lose their place - shame there isn't a fit person to challenge for the wicket keeper position though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping Thorpe can be convinced to come out of retirement to take over from Bell. Or maybe Ed Joyce? What's Read's fitness like now? When fit he'll certainly be pushing Jones if he keeps playing like this.

ReputationRep:
    Graeme Thorpe over Ian Bell any day of the week! Shame he's retired now..... Even Owais Shah would be better I reckon. I'll wait to see Jones' wicket keeping performance before I start passing judgement on him though...

ReputationRep:
    What a day!

Hopefully the bowlers might actually bother to bowl the aussies out for a smaller score than ours and we'll be set

ReputationRep:
    yer what a day.england was just lucky.however like usual they will **** up in the end. aussies are going to win as usual.

ReputationRep:
    The first day of the tests is living up to the hype, 17 wickets at Lord's, 400 in a day at Edgbaston. The rain will mean advantage England, but if the Aussies rack up 400+ too, we could be in for a tight finish.

ReputationRep:
    the rain is not going to be in birmingham for the next 5 days.so the draw is unlikely. If england has a lucky day on friday then england can win.

ReputationRep:
    well 15 overs in i suddenly thought 'we're gonna win this one' i stand by that.

ReputationRep:
    Well...if bell and jones had atleast posted 30 each, we would have been sailing home...you've got to admire pietersen though - he was running out of batting partners and knew he had to hit out to get the runs there...third time it happened to him now - you have to think that centurys coming soon...
    Collingwoods been playing well at 3 for durham, so i would love to see him slotting in at 4 instead of bell...his bowling is an asset too...
    Chris Read i dont think is back to full fitness, but i think my gran could score more than jones managed to...

ReputationRep:
    i would put pietersen up to 4 so he doesnt run out of partners for once.

and collingwood in for bell

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.