Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    He can't. Kasprowicz has already bowled, and all the batsmen who didn't bowl have batted.

He wasn't in the starting XI.

ReputationRep:
    he cant even if he is fit (he can field but not bowl, but only if he's listed as 12th man).
    Also, if he has ligament damage to his ankle, he could be out for the rest of the series.

ReputationRep:
    !!!!What a ball!!!!
    whats the betting for a warne duck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    I can safely say that the amount I sweat and the amount of agony I'm in for days after my riding lessons implies it is actually quite good exercise. I work VERY hard in my lessons!!

Yay, off to Gatcombe Park on Sunday!!
    I agree completely, and I'm sure Noel would too - especially when you have a lively horse, you have to work some to ride effectively. Trying to balance a horse between the hand and leg is quite tiring! I used to volunteer at a RDA centre near my house and riding was used as therapy by many of the disabled kids - it was a more fun way to exercise the parts of the body they couldn't manage themselves, as the horse moved and they moved with them, gently working their muscles; professionals use it as physio.

ReputationRep:
    So, how many runs will England score before stumps?

ReputationRep:
    i reckon 30-0 would be a lovely amount...dont jump the gate though...gippo and casper could hang around...
    surprised gilchrist isn't hitting out myself....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ditzy)
    I can safely say that the amount I sweat and the amount of agony I'm in for days after my riding lessons implies it is actually quite good exercise. I work VERY hard in my lessons!!

Yay, off to Gatcombe Park on Sunday!!
    but your just sitting on a horse, how can that be physically demanding think about the poor horse :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    YEAH BABY!!!!
    wooooooooooooooooooo!

ReputationRep:
    lol.what a game for england!!!yay 99 runs.

ReputationRep:
    flintoff!!!

ReputationRep:
    that's the first time i've ever predicted something right
    i think england will make another 400 and then the aussies will have to make about 500 to win- which they wont make so england will win.

ReputationRep:
    you have to hope so, dont you - they dont even have the old england 12th man stalwart of the weather to rely on, since its said to be perfect weather until wednesday yippee
    The most important thing now though is keeping hold of all the wickets, preferably until, say, lunch tomorrow - then we will be on track for maybe a 500 of our own.

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine us getting anywhere near 500, with Warne, on a pitch that's getting worse and worse. Anything around 270 - 300 would be great. They have to bat last.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno...we have 1.5 days where we could just take a leisurely pace and build, rather than going all at it as we did in the first test...obviously the book says we should score quick and leave ourselves 2 days to bowl them out, but it would be great to see a high declaration, maybe with a couple of top-order centuries....

ReputationRep:
    What a beauty:|

ReputationRep:
    This is what I'm saying.. you can bat as carefully as you want, but what can you do when Warne turns it square? Thank f*ck we batted first and have a lead.

ReputationRep:
    that fat aussie bowler with greasy hands !
    Its must be gutting for strauss - he got bowled the slider, he picked it up and it still spun.

ReputationRep:
    What? That wasn't the slider. He absolutely ripped it, it was nothing but side spin. Strauss picked a leg spinner, which it was, he just didn't anticipate it would turn THAT far.

ReputationRep:
    yea...i can see that looking at the replay - honestly i dont know what he could have done with that one...

ReputationRep:
    stand his ground, let it hit his pads, and offer a shot.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.