Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    why do you think i want to see it!

ReputationRep:
    Don't think we can realistically expect more than about 260 with Warne bowling on that pitch, he will absolutely rip up.

I think that will be just enough though if we bowl anywhere near like we did today.

Can see this being very close.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know...after out first two all of the batsmen are right handed, therefore in order to effectively combat them he will need to bowl a different line - time is not an issue for us, so he will have to land it inline and play the cutter-slider game instead, thus negating the foot marks...
    anyway...today at the test, now!

ReputationRep:
    You say time is not an issue, but i don't think it'll be wise to try and settle in too much and attempt to play Shane Warne with strike rates of 50 and below. Look what happened to strauss. Although it obviously could work to our advantage i have the feeling we could be all out by tea-time tomorrow if we try and wait around with Warne on that pitch.

We'll see though - come on England

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    i dont know...after out first two all of the batsmen are right handed, therefore in order to effectively combat them he will need to bowl a different line - time is not an issue for us, so he will have to land it inline and play the cutter-slider game instead, thus negating the foot marks...
    anyway...today at the test, now!
    Sounds hilarious, with Athers and Richie predicting the Aussies racking up 600 LOL

ReputationRep:
    its a fair point - what i was implying though is that we dont have to go chasing them and forcing runs, which is why we will still be able to bat with a decent strike rate, but while being significantly more confident with the positiong - especially since warne looks like the only guy out there who can bowl...
    wish we'd put harmy on against him earlier to break a couple of his fingers though...
    I just heard about the 600 odd at TATT - bet they're kicking themselves now...but not unhappy!

ReputationRep:
    wish we'd put harmy on against him earlier to break a couple of his fingers though...
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    i think aussies will win the second test again.sry.lol.the field is already spoilt or wateva you call it. So the bowlers can bowl at angle. Warne is very good in such things.

ReputationRep:
    yes, but luckily the rest of out select batsmen are right handed, and gareth jones is too, therefore warne cant use the footmarks to get the grip, and will need to manufacture the spin himself.

ReputationRep:
    so how many runs do u think england will get 2moro?opps i mean today.

ReputationRep:
    well...if we see flintoff and pietersen going at it again, that could be imperious, but i think a conservative estimate would be another 250....but personally i think they could really hit out and get 300 atleast - jones is bound to hit something sooner or later, and bell could try holding his bat the other way around and see what happens...remember, neither of them contributed to the scores last time (properly anyway).

ReputationRep:
    yer england needs those 300 runs. if they get 250 they are in trouble, cuz aussies will only need 350 to win.

ReputationRep:
    Starts today....

ReputationRep:
    yeh, chess is brilliant. anybody who claims otherwise doesn't understand the game, and no, knowing how the pieces move does not count as an understanding.

ReputationRep:
    I play on yahoo from time to time but I'm a bit crap compared to some of the people on there. My rating is still around 1200. I used to have a much stronger interest towards the end of primary school, used to know a lot of the openings and was a member of a chess club.

ReputationRep:
    I was at the chess club of Reading University for three years and used to play on board 5 when we played in competitions. I haven't played for a while now, but I don't think you forget.

Marcus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    yer england needs those 300 runs. if they get 250 they are in trouble, cuz aussies will only need 350 to win.
    aussies dont often do >200 comebacks unless they look completely out of the game and pressure is off.

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me why on earth hoggard is batting?!?!

ReputationRep:
    thats what i was wondering..
    and tres is gone now... by lee heh

ReputationRep:
    oh feck 29 -3 !!!!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.