Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I just came back from football and saw thescore. I'm guessing that England have blown their chances by posting a low score.
    Not at all, 282 is a reasonable total to chase.. we're just not bowling that well atm.

ReputationRep:
    It's a pity that Pieterson only got 20. Also, Ian Bell hasn't been doing too brilliantly.

ReputationRep:
    nor is our opening batsmen performing, another set of shoddy scoring by the openers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Not at all, 282 is a reasonable total to chase.. we're just not bowling that well atm.
    True, but it would have been nice to have a bigger total to defend which we could have got. That could have taken the game out of the Aussies' reach

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by durhamlad1)
    nor is our opening batsmen performing, another set of shoddy scoring by the openers.
    Trescothic hasn't been doing too bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Trescothic hasn't been doing too bad.
    well top order not openers, aye trescothic in form played quality for somerset in the 20,20 cup. Just looking at vaughan, Strauss, hoggards recent totals in and they're not great, good job we've got pietersen playing already aswell as freddy!

ReputationRep:
    How important is Flintoff to us?

ReputationRep:
    Very.
    Bye Bye Langer
    Hopefully this is the start of a lot of wickets close to each other...

ReputationRep:
    ARRGHHH!!

ReputationRep:
    Go Go Freddie

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo! 2 down

ReputationRep:
    Game, set, match!!

This match is alive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    :rofl:

Is the sarcasm directed at me? Freddie played well but the amount of times Vaughan has got out bowled in the recent past is getting worrying.
    I fear the only way Vaughan will retain his impressive form from a few yrs back is if he were to be demoted from his captaincy. His batting average before he was made captain is much higher than his more recent average as captain.

ReputationRep:
    AWESOME catch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endeavour)
    I fear the only way Vaughan will retain his impressive form from a few yrs back is if he were to be demoted from his captaincy. His batting average before he was made captain is much higher than his more recent average as captain.
    that's what happened with tendulkar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    It's a pity that Pieterson only got 20. Also, Ian Bell hasn't been doing too brilliantly.
    Whats happened to robert key? I think he should be in place of bell.

ReputationRep:
    Paula in the 10k tonight. A lot of people think she's stupid for doing the 10k and marathon. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    me and my bro just went down the local stadium and ran three attempts at the hundred metres. the world championships got me in the mood.

I did 13.8 or something at school and managed 13.93 today.

ReputationRep:
    woah! looks like england have a chance!

ReputationRep:
    lmao, visesh your ******* got a catch :P was pretty good too

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.