Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Ooops. Nevermind. Ranieri has a better knack at signing great players than Mourinho from what I've noticed at Chelsea. Mind you, Chris Sutton was a right flop.
    Sutton was Vialli again .

ReputationRep:
    That brings us on to another question: who would you prefer to have in your team?
    Obviously I'm biased but Gerrard every-time. He can play in every outfield position and probably in goal too

:hahaha: @ Veron

... you can add Mutu & Crespo to that too!

ReputationRep:
    Neil Lennon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Sutton was Vialli again .
    I never stated he was signed by Ranieri this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    :hahaha: @ Veron

... you can add Mutu & Crespo to that too!
    :hahaha: @ Xavier

...you can add Diouf & Kewell to that too! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sb1986)
    U think he'll be back any time soon?

Speaking of chelsea and liverpool, lamps and SG, check out the chelsea liverpool story on http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/
    "the funniest thing you'll read this year" indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamlan)
    "the funniest thing you'll read this year" indeed
    I know! All I can say is shame to those sad chelsea fans!

:hahaha: @ Xavier

...you can add Diouf & Kewell to that too! :rolleyes:
    Meh, we've done it in style - and we've been laughing about for seasons. You know that I ridicule them as much as possible, and we've already had numerous conversations about Houllier's poor signings. On the other hand, Chelsea have also spent a lot of money on s***, and nobody bothers to look at it.

I hadn't really thought of it before, but Chelsea's failed signings are:

Veron = £15m
    Johnson = £6m
    Mutu = £15.8m
    Crespo = £16.8m
    Smertin = £3.5m
    Kezman = £5m
    Drogba = £24m
    Parker = £10m

And people slate Liverpool? :confused: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    Meh, we've done it in style - and we've been laughing about for seasons. You know that I ridicule them as much as possible, and we've already had numerous conversations about Houllier's poor signings. On the other hand, Chelsea have also spent a lot of money on s***, and nobody bothers to look at it.

I hadn't really thought of it before, but Chelsea's failed signings are:

Veron = £15m
    Johnson = £6m
    Mutu = £15.8m
    Crespo = £16.8m
    Smertin = £3.5m
    Kezman = £5m
    Drogba = £24m
    Parker = £10m

And people slate Liverpool? :confused: :rofl:
    Jarosik also, dont know how much he cost.

ReputationRep:
    How is Drogba a failed signing when he's only scored one less goal than Wayne Rooney in the Premiership and have had injury problems?

ReputationRep:
    I guess when managers make so many signings, proportionally more of them turn out to be not so great? Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sb1986)
    Jarosik also, dont know how much he cost.
    £3m.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, and he's good at winning ball at the breakdown too. I'm not saying backs should NEVER go into rucks either.

How is Drogba a failed signing when he's only scored one less goal than Wayne Rooney in the Premiership and have had injury problems?
    Because he's not worth £24m at all. He contributes absolutely nothing to the team, whereas Rooney is the redeeming factor for Manchester United. A lone striker 'worth' £24m really should be able to net more than 16 times in 41 appearances, given the quality of the chelsea side.

No Adriano btw.

ReputationRep:
    Cos when you watch Drogba he neva looks like scoring tends to miss the easiest of chances. And also with Chelseas attacking ability this season you would expect there striker to score more goals then he has done(Lampards scored more goals then him). Also in contrast to Rooney - rooney is several years younger, more talented, more skilled and his goals arent tap ins like Drogbas.

ReputationRep:
    But price tags mean nothing when they're inflated beyond belief because the sellers know that Chelsea will pay because we can afford to. Can't say that Buffon was worth £33 for Juventus. I don't think Drogba is worth £24m at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vjman645)
    Also in contrast to Rooney - rooney is several years younger, more talented, more skilled and his goals arent tap ins like Drogbas.
    A perfect match for RVN then.

But price tags mean nothing when they're inflated beyond belief because the sellers know that Chelsea will pay because we can afford to. Can't say that Buffon was worth £33 for Juventus. I don't think Drogba is worth £24m at all.
    Hence, a 'failed signing'.

A perfect match for RVN then.
    That's his job? Good in the box, s*** everywhere else. Drogba, at Marseille, could do pretty much everything. Even horseface has scored as many times as Drogba, and he was injured for half the season...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.