The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4280
well they dragged that out didnt they lol

should have secured the win earlier this morning!
they had so many chances that just went in wierd places - you cant schedule a field for such eratic batting, but you always felt it would come....
Reply 4282
Sam_B
well they dragged that out didnt they lol

should have secured the win earlier this morning!

Ah, the English have a great tradition of doing that. In football, its always dragged to penalties, in tennis its always a 5-setter, and in rugby its always a last second drop goal.

As for the match, wow! The ball just before the last wicked: I thought that had gone for a boundary. But its good for the series; if it had gone to 2-0, the third test at Old Trafford would have been really flat.

BRING ON OLD TRAFFORD! :biggrin:
Reply 4283
i ******* myself. I am gutted. I didnt make 400 quid profit.**** **** **** ****.oh well 100 quid profit from england is ok for now.
say that again and i think you might be lynched! wouldn't you have been frustrated if it was a draw.....:biggrin:
Reply 4285
i feel rather inadequate now. gonna go down today and try.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ......... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: YEAH BABY!!!!! Wat a game!!
I am so happy - well played Brett Lee and Shane Warne though
Na na na na nah...

We won

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Will England win the next test that is the question??

I think Warne was a good contendor for man of the match too, i always feel a bit embarassed when it goes the the english guy when maybe the visitoring player whould have won it because the channel 4 viewers vote. Seeing as freddie is a public hero, people are not likely to vote for warne!
I'm so relieved I still haven't got over it! To think I was convinced we'd lose and end up with headlines the next morning saying things like "Australia completed the most remarkable comeback in cricket history"!
IZZY!
i ******* myself. I am gutted. I didnt make 400 quid profit.**** **** **** ****.oh well 100 quid profit from england is ok for now.

Just how much money did you bet originally? If you got 100 back from a bet on England at 5/7, you must have put 140 on them originally. What odds did you have on Australia exactly? And how much did you put on them to potentially have a 400 profit?!
tis a shame the aussies couldnt pull it off...oh well....england..get ready for a punding at old trafford
I couldn't watch..it was all just so tense. I think Australia will win the 3rd test though - I have a feeling England will not recover as well as Australia (tiredness etc.)
xlouisedoll
I have a feeling England will not recover as well as Australia (tiredness etc.)

Just wondering what you're basing that on, given that England's bowlers are all considerably younger than Australia's bowlers.. in fact, England are just younger all around.

Our issue at Old Trafford won't be anything to do with our physical conditioning, we've got Australia beat there. It's the fact that they have another class spinner (Stuart MacGill) to call upon, which I'm pretty damn sure they will. Old Trafford is a spinning wicket. We don't have the option to call on a remotly good second spinner, Gareth Batty is toss.
Reply 4295
As I said before the first test, I don't see physical conditioning being an issue for either team. Yes the Australian team is older but they are all fit and up for it. It's the form of Gillespie, Kasper and Hayden that will prove to be a concern. And today's fightback (and yesterday's) will give them a lot of hope for the 3rd test in the sense that they only need to polish their game up a bit to win again.
heya..i play shooting guard..like to play point guard aswell but mainly shooting.
Reply 4297
England "dodged a big australian bullet"
Reply 4298
England will win the next test.

Put your house on it!
I don't think Kelly's going to get the bronze now :frown:

Latest