England will win the next test.

Put your house on it!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Kelly's going to get the bronze now

ReputationRep:
    No, but I watch swimming c/ships on TV

ReputationRep:
    tis true...they always do well at old trafford...and with freddie at home
    luckily i dont own a house, but i would still be tempted by the bet...

ReputationRep:
    I don't play for a team or anything, just street ball with mates really, though my mates are pretty good, one plays for a luffbra team and another plays for portsmouth firsts, I knew I'd never be tall enough to be as good as I wanted to never really put any effort into it, still play pretty much everyday though.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me any info about Badminton clubs in the West Midlands area? "Solihull, Shirley or Hall Green' to be specific.

I want to join, but I can't find any I'm interested in, as some do not have tournaments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Just how much money did you bet originally? If you got 100 back from a bet on England at 5/7, you must have put 140 on them originally. What odds did you have on Australia exactly? And how much did you put on them to potentially have a 400 profit?!
    why do u want to know?

ReputationRep:
    maybe he's curious if your worth robbing....

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo, I was so worried about the result today, as I was travelling on the train this morning!

It was really hard, as most of my cricket-loving friends were working, and I kept ringing home to get my mum to tell me the results. The thing is, she doesn't even know what a wicket is.... so it was all very confusing! And it didn't help that I kept running in/out of signal!

ReputationRep:
    I like swimming but i have really bad eyesight which stopped me from continuing.
    I jus cant see in my goggles.

ReputationRep:
    I can swim

can also dive into the shallow end without cracking my skull.

ReputationRep:
    How can there only be 9 posts on this thread? I'm all disappointed at how Lewis-Francis has performed in the last 2 years. How can you perform so badly after being junior world champion. He must be doing too much weed (he got tested positive for cannabis but then claimed it was secondary smoking)

ReputationRep:
    *****, think I missed it. But I heard Gatlin winning just now. Correct?

ReputationRep:
    Poor 100m final. Gatlin strolled to victory. Very good performance from him but a poor effort from the field. 10.05 for 2nd place is slow considering all of them are capable of running sub 10. Shame Asafa pulled out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    lol.maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    why do u want to know?
    Just out of curiosity. What odds did you have on Australia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    If he's got enough money to go around placing bets with odds as short as Australia would have had, standing to gain £400 back, he certainly would be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Just out of curiosity. What odds did you have on Australia?
    well, dw i ve got enough money. Some other guy on tsr asked me this question as well. It was risk free, so I bet some money on england and aussies. Like an arbitrage, if you know what it is. However if there was a draw i d be ****ed. But i ve checked the weather and etc, so there could be no draw.

ReputationRep:
    Impressive victory for Gatlin nonetheless, winning by a serious margin after an average start (much slower than Scott).

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.