Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Kelly sotherton is fit

ReputationRep:
    You haven't improved your 2k in 8 years? Thats pretty poor, guess you never tried that hard then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Kelly sotherton is fit
    :eek: :confused: :eek: Would rather Kluft if I had the choice.....

ReputationRep:
    No way, shes far too yellow

ReputationRep:
    Kluft, serious? Kelly's way better looking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mockel)
    Kluft, serious? Kelly's way better looking.
    Not at all

ReputationRep:
    Being new to Rugby but wanting to start playing, I have read the differences between both Union and League, and I think I am more suited for Union. The Uni where I am going has a League and Union, so I'm chuffed really.

What do you consider better for you? And why?

ReputationRep:
    Union because I break the rules often and I don't know league as well which would probably result in more rule breaking.

ReputationRep:
    Union - nevermind that why is your name Hossy!?

ReputationRep:
    Union.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hossy)
    Union - nevermind that why is your name Hossy!?
    Jesus!!! That's scary? My nickname is Hossy, I just put a ! after it coz I prefer it, makes it more alive... How spooky - Hey, soz mate!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris.)
    Don't think we can realistically expect more than about 260 with Warne bowling on that pitch, he will absolutely rip up.

I think that will be just enough though if we bowl anywhere near like we did today.

Can see this being very close.
    I should be a pundit :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Harsh On Gardner - would've got a middle lane in the final had he been in the other semi. Would've had a shot at a medal in that final aswell. Gatlin was pure class, can see some awesome races between him and Powell in coming years. Shame about the lack of other truly quick sprinters around at the moment though.

Will be looking out for Douglas in the triple jump - trains at the athletics track just around the corner from me. Pretty poor standard this year in general though, only other real things of interest for me will be how quick Wariner can go in the 400m and how the 400m hurdles goes.

ReputationRep:
    Kelly sotherton is fit
    I agree. How can you people compare her to Carolina Kluft who's got an albinos man's face?

Then again, I used to think Paula Radcliffe was quite cute.

ReputationRep:
    You haven't improved your 2k in 8 years? Thats pretty poor, guess you never tried that hard then?
    Yeah it's a bit embarassing.

My two most serious years of rowing were between the ages of 14/15 and 16. I started at 8'10 at 14 and in about 10 months was down to 7'20 which was ok for my age. A year later I was still around that then I got a back injury and had to stop for a year and started a bit more than a year later, during my second year of uni. I still went to the university championships as a sub but I probably wouldn't have done under 7'20 without more erg training which I didn't get. The following year was pretty much the same. The following I had an erg test for a selection for an 8 and did about 7'20 to be the last selected rower. Since then no rowing...

I'd like to think that I could get under 7' with not too much difficulty but I'm still out of shape. As I said, I hope that my technique can compensate.

ReputationRep:
    as for klüft having an albinos man's face i just have to say that i saw her on a tv interview this morning and she is much cuter when she isn't running, jumping or whatever.(maybe i am a bit biased though ) however i think that some of the females athletics have a very masculine appearance (like some of the walkers or long distance runners) because of all the muscles and lack of shapes.

i thought that the hepathalon was so far the most exciting thing. i mean before 800m you couldn't say for sure who would get the gold or the bronze.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    as for klüft having an albinos man's face i just have to say that i saw her on a tv interview this morning and she is much cuter when she isn't running, jumping or whatever.(maybe i am a bit biased though ) however i think that some of the females athletics have a very masculine appearance (like some of the walkers or long distance runners) because of all the muscles and lack of shapes.

i thought that the hepathalon was so far the most exciting thing. i mean before 800m you couldn't say for sure who would get the gold or the bronze.
    But what a girl looks like when she's in action, says a lot... I think Kelly Sotherton looks a lot better that Carolina Kluft.

http://www.sporever.fr/ATHLE2003/ima...lina_kluft.jpg

I think it's those scary transparent eyebrows that freak me out.

ReputationRep:
    Probably the best test match I have seen. I watched the whole session on the edge of my seat. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Just goes to show how good the Aussies really are.

ReputationRep:
    i dunno - i would rather of seen england batting for the win and just nicking it myself...i was tearing my hair out as i saw so many byes going past jones...ok, some were impossible, but still....
    i think the stress might have got to me...have felt ill ever since!
    roll on old trafford...

ReputationRep:
    Used to be sub-13; haven't done it for years but I reckon I've got faster.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.