Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yea - sorry - impossible was in its usually exaggerated tense i use it...I was attempting to infer it was very laboured (atleast in my case) so i resorted to half-breaths in the slide - i do want to point out that this is not a common occurance, and i am obscenely accident prone as soon as i involve myself with competitive sport!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs. Political)
    which is the best stroke to exercise the tops of your legs, do you think? is it font crawl or breast stroke?
    I would say BS. But both are good.

ReputationRep:
    Erm just look in the yellow pages or something for clubs in your area?

It sucks there's not many badminton clubs.

ReputationRep:
    Yay, went to Gatcombe yesterday, saw some absolutely fantastic riders and had to practically physically restrain my friend to prevent her stealing a pony!! Unfortunately I'm not horrendously sunburnt, but it was worth it!! We saw the Shetland Grand National heats, a natural horsemanship demonstration and a dressage to music demonstration (which was absolutely amazing!!) as well as the Open dressage, showjumping and cross country!!

ReputationRep:
    Brett Lee has been taken to hospital with a knee infection and is a major doubt for the 3rd test!!

Click Here

ReputationRep:
    Union - I also think league looks daft with this tackles thing and how you have to stand up and pass the ball through your legs when you are tackled

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here go sailing?

Or own a boat? My family own a Mylne (if anyuone knows what that is!) and are possibly - most probably buying a Fife.

We sail on the River Mersey and go to the Menai Strait Regattas every summer to sail there. It's fab.

ReputationRep:
    his chances of playing are 50/50 though. i m still convinced aussies will win and i put some bet on them again.lol.

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd drop in again to say GO Libby Leyton!!!

On her 100m world record, lol our women are given the men, including Hacket and Thorpe a run for their money :p:

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    I think that the test will be awesome. I cant wait for trent bridge with my front row tickets!

ReputationRep:
    hey does anybody kno wher i can get cheap or second hand ice hockey goalie equipment??

i live in the manchester area but i am willing to travel espically for a goalie helmet :cool:

cheers

ReputationRep:
    Get real!

If you really want to play volleyball you'd join a team outside uni or school or college.

ReputationRep:
    Go to local ice arenas and theyl have a second hand board or something with info on. that or ebay it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryStudent)
    Union is far better to watch and play, the ball doesn't have to be turned over after a certain number of tackles so it flows more easier.
    have u ever actually watched a league game it flows much easier than union even tho the ball has 2 b turned over every six tackles. the tackles r more skillful not a free 4 all and much tidier 2 make it a better spectator sport. the game is passionate skillful as shown a few years ago when 2 league teams sent teams 2 play in a six a side union comp featuring their best teams and bradford wiped the floor with them all showing how much fitter they were. final point andrew farrell never played a competitive game of union in his career and has walked straight into the england side 4 nxt yr i cant think of a single union player who could do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hull chic)
    have u ever actually watched a league game it flows much easier than union even tho the ball has 2 b turned over every six tackles. the tackles r more skillful not a free 4 all and much tidier 2 make it a better spectator sport. the game is passionate skillful as shown a few years ago when 2 league teams sent teams 2 play in a six a side union comp featuring their best teams and bradford wiped the floor with them all showing how much fitter they were. final point andrew farrell never played a competitive game of union in his career and has walked straight into the england side 4 nxt yr i cant think of a single union player who could do that.
    Andy Farrell has got into a huge England training squad, not the team. And anyway, how is citing one person any proof? Look at Iestyn Harris. He was the best league had to offer and he was utter horse in union.

Btw, I pick union, because scrummaging / rucking / mauling / lineouts require such skill.

ReputationRep:
    Union, far more skill involved and much more free flowing and exciting.

ReputationRep:
    These petty arguments over league v union are annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Plus League is full of Northerners!

ReputationRep:
    i m predicting definite victory for aussies on the 3rd test. The absence of Lee wont make a difference, because Mc Grill is even better in swing bowlings. England can only hope for a victory if Warne gets injury as well.lol.

ReputationRep:
    they can't bowl warne and mcgrill the whole time though, and gippo and casper got spanked all over the ground at edgbaston...
    I think we shall have to wait and see what the pitch looks like before we start really guessing...
    hopefully vaughan will bowl himself though - he's actually a really good spinner (he can turn it further than giles, although thats not saying much....)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.