The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hossy
The aim of this thread is to discuss the Lions team selections, tactics and other stuff which goes on about the tour to New Zealand...

Dead set, Niew Zulund is the hardest country to win Rugby in. And Rico Gear is hot at the moment, he had a BLINDER of a S12. now the Aul Blicks are a team stacked with Crusaders so its likely that they will come out guns ablazing.

Watch out for- Ravenous Ritchie (according to Niew Zulunders the best flanker in the world.. if you ask a Saffie they will tell you its Schalla and an Aussie will tell you it is George Smith)

Lions should have a field day against the reigonal teams. But Be weary of Bay of Plenty, they can be quite a storng outfit and the are basically the Wakito Chiefs S12 side, who can cause an upset on any day of the week as we saw. Lions best be on their game.

I think the Aul Blicks will win, but i'd love to have brave BOD and the boys kick the cuzzy bro's in the shins before Tri-nations starts. Soften them up a bit eh?
Reply 421
Well unlike Drogba RVN when fit doesnt miss the easiest of chances and scores far more goals.

And about Buffon - The Italian and Spanish teams tend to spend so much more on transfer then the english clubs - e.g. Figo 37m, Cannavaro 30m (even though hes like 28), Zidan 50m(i think) and the list could go on. When you compare that to 30m for Rio it doesnt seem alot.
Let me know when RVN has scored outside the box. :biggrin:
Raindance
6 is definitely a difficult one. There are a lot of dubious positions actually.

As Jonny has got his kicking boots again, who do you reckon should play understudy: O'Gara or Jones? I'd probably go with Jones...

The problem with Jonny while he is an awesome kicker, he really is, as Stephen Larkham points out, a fairy in organising, that no doubt will be left to BOD to direct the backline but Jonny will as per usual hide behind Dallaglio, **sigh** I wonder if the AB's will play Dan the man Carter at flyhalf..that would be a mad mach up.
Reply 424
Well he nearly scored from outside the box this season. Cant remember which game but he lobbed the ball over the keeper from a distance and it nearly went in.

Anyway he hardly ever tries to shoot from outside the box. He prefers to get closer and shoot.
Yep. :smile:
I don't understand why Chelsea signed Drogba esp for £24m. if they could get almost any striker with their money then wouldn't you want someone who was world-class and had proven it.
Drogba had 1 good season at Marseille in which he went from a nobody to a known name (French = not a top league like Spain, Italy, England). also outside of France, his European goals came in the UEFA cup NOT Champions League against the top teams. There must have been better players than him (and Kezman) who had properly proven quality at the highest level. and unlike other teams, if you're Chelsea you should be able to get players like that.
But when players are at a great level with decent sides in quality leagues their club will not want to sell them. So I guess it's time to scout the youngsters for the future.
I used to jump my QH, he did fine at it though was better at barrels!

I wish I had gone to Badminton, it's not far at all from where I live and I used to fly over it everyday. Who was Pippa competing with?
Reply 429
I do/can ride, but I haven't done so in a few months now, so have probably become a bit rusty. I've never been in for all this racing/jumping/breeding malarkey, I prefer the freedom of it, and going on treks/getting from A to B. I swear I read far too much Enid Blyton when I was small! :redface: :wink:
BlackHawk
I used to jump my QH, he did fine at it though was better at barrels!

I wish I had gone to Badminton, it's not far at all from where I live and I used to fly over it everyday. Who was Pippa competing with?

She was entered on Supreme Rock, Cornerman and Primore's Pride but Rocky retired a few days before the event and she'd already withdrawn Cornerman so she could ride Rocky (I think)

Had a super-fab jump lesson on Matt today :biggrin: Admittedly a lot of time was spent doing circles at a very fast canter in an attempt to persuade him that we were only going to jump in a calm and controlled manner but we jumped some really scary things at just over a metre. Hurrah!! He looks like a bit of a girl at the moment though - he's had to have a fluffy headcollar to stop him getting rubs and my instructor chose a manly-manly baby blue one...
Reply 431
Lillith Grimore
Had a super-fab jump lesson on Matt today :biggrin: Admittedly a lot of time was spent doing circles at a very fast canter in an attempt to persuade him that we were only going to jump in a calm and controlled manner but we jumped some really scary things at just over a metre. Hurrah!! He looks like a bit of a girl at the moment though - he's had to have a fluffy headcollar to stop him getting rubs and my instructor chose a manly-manly baby blue one...

Hehe, I know that feeling, I'm still riding the same pony in my lessons, its been clickity trained and is crazy!! It was getting a lot better as it worked more, but now its just getting much fitted and much stronger, i've spent the whole time persuading it that a nice CONTROLLED trot is much better than tearing round the school at top speed!! Strangely she's suddenly incredible calm the second you out a fence up :confused:

Gotta love how random horses are!!
Ditzy
Hehe, I know that feeling, I'm still riding the same pony in my lessons, its been clickity trained and is crazy!! It was getting a lot better as it worked more, but now its just getting much fitted and much stronger, i've spent the whole time persuading it that a nice CONTROLLED trot is much better than tearing round the school at top speed!! Strangely she's suddenly incredible calm the second you out a fence up :confused:

Gotta love how random horses are!!

The best bit is when he's blowing really hard becuase he's been working solidly for half an hour and you think 'We'll have a nice calm walk now, bit of a trot and canter, he's tired, just do some flat and then we'll go in...'And just as you finish your though you find yourself tearing round the school at a full gallop thinking 'How the hell did that happen...?'

Jos latest helpful advice: "Think lots of calm thoughts and think them slowly..."
But you still have to be good to get into suitable positions inside the box to score :cool:
Noel
Hes called Desmond (sad I know- it wasn't my choice) its 10 this year, and 150cm. Very honest and reliable, good jumper, never stops and a fast leaner. I don't know what I'm going to do with him next year, hes on DIY livery so no one to exercise him. I'm going to join the Cambridge riding society, have you looked at their web page? They won the world championships and BUSA.

Honest? Horses don't talk! Nothing like a good bit of horsey jargon ********!
Anne Auraque
Honest? Horses don't talk! Nothing like a good bit of horsey jargon ********!

:rolleyes:
Reply 436
Well I reckon all of Mourinhos signings have been failures with prob the exception of Calvarlo(not sure about spelling) but I'd like to see him play without Terry at his side. Its not his strength and most of the good players at Chelsea were signed by Ranieri (Robben, Cech etc.).
Reply 437
Oh look who's winning :biggrin:
Reply 438
~Sam~
Oh look who's winning :biggrin:

By only 2 votes? Something's gone wrong...

:wtf?: :ninja: :stupid: :hmmmm2:
Reply 439
well i voted gerrard, but i reckon this poll is blatantly biased due to the huge number of liverpool fans in the TSR outnumbering the number of posts on the ultimate football thread :eek:

Latest