Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit worried about the Ausies having another spin bowler. I mean Warne's bad enough!

ReputationRep:
    Why dont we throw a spanner in the works then...Union Sevens?
    Just kidding - union is by far the better sport - far more style, flair and technique are involved (its not running straight at someone 5 times and then kicking the ball at them - which is around 90% of what happens at a union match...)
    If league is so good, why would any farrell want to move to union? (same with jason robinson, iestyn harris.etc.)
    Also, jonathon davies moved from union to league (and as he states, it was all for money ) and got straight into the great britain side...
    PLAY UNION!

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Why union? More my style.
    Do you play for JCRFC then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    Do you play for JCRFC then?
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    true....the advantage is though that mcgrill is just bad
    i would personally put symonds in for old trafford - he is a handy off spinner and can also bat like a sonofab1tch

ReputationRep:
    shame...the way we're going we'd probably be playing them by next year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zxczxc)
    Plus League is full of Northerners!
    London Broncos. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Why dont we throw a spanner in the works then...Union Sevens?
    Just kidding - union is by far the better sport - far more style, flair and technique are involved (its not running straight at someone 5 times and then kicking the ball at them - which is around 90% of what happens at a union match...)
    If league is so good, why would any farrell want to move to union? (same with jason robinson, iestyn harris.etc.)
    Also, jonathon davies moved from union to league (and as he states, it was all for money ) and got straight into the great britain side...
    PLAY UNION! Do you play for JCRFC then?
    robbo and harris moved for money and a new challenge. and no iestyn was not the dogs gonads of league, nowhere near.

edit: the harris thing was directed at tonight matthew.... i think, or whoever said he was good...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    London Broncos. :rolleyes:
    Northerners who've had ellocution lessons obviously

ReputationRep:
    Southerners who have been enlightened? The Broncos have got an increasing following and youth league clubs are springing up all over down there....

ReputationRep:
    they dont sell goalie kit at the local ice rinks so thers nowt i can do, oh and ebay is just rubbish for goalie kit, all they have is 1 helmet and its rubbish haha

ReputationRep:
    something is wrong with gillespie.he was predicted to be one of the best bowlers on this test. However he is like one of the worst.

ReputationRep:
    he hasn't got any movement through the air, so its like someone under-arming it to us mere mortal cricketers

ReputationRep:
    lee's condition is improving and he is likely to play on old trafford.

ReputationRep:
    if you know your size order from an american site - although the shipping will be pretty high

would be fine for a last resort though

ReputationRep:
    true....the advantage is though that mcgrill is just bad
    i would personally put symonds in for old trafford - he is a handy off spinner and can also bat like a sonofab1tch
    Do you want England to win or not? :rolleyes:

Its bad enough having 7 Aussie frontline batsmen let alone 8!!! Having said that, I doubt that the Aussies will go in with just 3 frontline bowlers and I can't see Symonds bowling 25 overs in an innings.

ReputationRep:
    i can't believe you said that! :eek:
    I'm just talking from a purely objective perspective ofcourse

ReputationRep:
    so, if you were to bet some money, who would you bet for?aussies or england?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    so, if you were to bet some money, who would you bet for?aussies or england?
    Right now I would still bet on the Aussies (if I did), but if England win at Manchester, it would be very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think League is better to watch, although that doesn't mean that I think Union is rubbish. I prefer League because I like the fact that you are encouraged to play for points rather than possession, as after six tackles you have to hand possession over. Also, I think the Union rucks and mauls look scrappy. I do appreciate that they are very technical, I just don't think that it looks that way. I think the League way is tidier. I also don't like the kicks that frequent Union matches.

On the other hand, Union is probably a more enriching game to play, being more technical and the larger sport overall. That isn't, though, to say that League isn't good to play, because it is a faster game. The arguments about the play-the-balls slowing it down are nonsense because they take up on average less time than a tackle in union.

As for the people bleating on about games being more skillful and players moving to different codes, don't be so bloody petty. Farrell has moved because of the money, he is in the England squad because he is a good player, same as what happened with Davies. Both games, in my opinion, are of equal skill, they both have their merits.

ReputationRep:
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=elocution

Maybe you just need the writing lessons? :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.