Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yesss!!!! Magnificent innings! :bandit:
    Now we want that elusive double hundred (would be perfect timing for it too!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Vaughan gets his century!

Woop woop woop
    Yay!!! I'm so glad he's found his form at last!

ReputationRep:
    How great would it be if we didn't lose another wicket today?

A long shot? Bell's doing well and Vaughan hasn't looked troubled since 50...

ReputationRep:
    How great would it be if we didn't lose another wicket today?

A long shot? Bell's doing well and Vaughan hasn't looked troubled since 50...
    The Aussies aren't the best team in the world for nothing, I'm predicting about 350/5 by the close of play and that would be pretty good IMO.

ReputationRep:
    The Gatting Ball was Warne's first ball in the Ashes. If anyone can find a video, I'd love to see it again. Pretty much unplayable to be fair. On another note..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cric...nd/4132270.stm - I wonder how that author's name is pronounced :eek:

ReputationRep:
    6. an unbeaten home record on test matches

ReputationRep:
    McGrath really not looking at the top of his game. Both bowling and fielding. How slow was he to react to that ball?

ReputationRep:
    that is a truly fantastic name i dare try to!
    "It looked like someone had nicked his lunch".

ReputationRep:
    Catches win matches. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    That can only be good about mcgrath though...if hes not fully fit now, playing a 5 day test certainly wont be improving his prospects for later tests...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Catches win matches. :rolleyes:
    Highly unusual for Aussies to be sloppy in the field.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    That can only be good about mcgrath though...if hes not fully fit now, playing a 5 day test certainly wont be improving his prospects for later tests...
    I agree. After getting over the initial "Oh b*llocks" factor when I heard Ponting say he's playing, this way he may crock himself for the last two tests whereas had he rested for this one, he would have been much closer to 100% for Trent Bridge and the Oval.

ReputationRep:
    It seems to be that we're more concerned with preserving wickets rather than gaining runs, whereas I would rather try and get as many runs on the board as possible while their bowlers are so off form.

ReputationRep:
    It seems to be that we're more concerned with preserving wickets rather than gaining runs, whereas I would rather try and get as many runs on the board as possible while their bowlers are so off form.
    True but I suppose bell is trying to get himself in, which is why the scoring has slowed down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    I agree. After getting over the initial "Oh b*llocks" factor when I heard Ponting say he's playing, this way he may crock himself for the last two tests whereas had he rested for this one, he would have been much closer to 100% for Trent Bridge and the Oval.
    I reckon it's pretty risky playing both McGrath and Lee. What if they both can't bowl by the third or fourth day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    4 right - keep looking
    which ones are wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Another one dropped, this time Hayden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    I reckon it's pretty risky playing both McGrath and Lee. What if they both can't bowl by the third or fourth day
    lovely thought isn't it...england would be best to play it on and keep them bowling for atleast half of tomorrow and hopefully amass an insurmountable score while doing so...

ReputationRep:
    Gwan Vaughany!!!!!! 150!

ReputationRep:
    Random question: what setting (1-10) is the erg on in proper erg tests? I've never actually had a look... I'm pretty sure it's more towards 10 but I could be wrong...

edit: just looked it up. On another forum, they claim the lever is set to about 5/6 in most clubs. I honestly can't remember that but whatever.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.