Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    out of interest...isn't vaughans top score ever around 170? i know he hasn't made a double ton....

ReputationRep:
    The Australian bowlers just don't have a clue at the minute. They must be wondering what they have to do to get some luck. Looks like it's just one of those days for 'em.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    out of interest...isn't vaughans top score ever around 170? i know he hasn't made a double ton....
    197 against SL I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    The Australian bowlers just don't have a clue at the minute. They must be wondering what they have to do to get some luck. Looks like it's just one of those days for 'em.
    I thought warne just did get some luck a second ago...then got dropped....
    I'm hoping a new top score for vaughany, by atleast 3 runs!

ReputationRep:
    Another one dropped, this time Hayden.
    Dear oh dear, the Australians are not having a very good time fielding today are they.

ReputationRep:
    so does everyone think that england is going to win?or is there a chance of a draw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    so does everyone think that england is going to win?or is there a chance of a draw?
    Are you obsessed with draws or something?

ReputationRep:
    i love gillespie :love:
    the crowd seem to :love: him more

ReputationRep:
    Something about his betting....

ReputationRep:
    lol.no i m just worried. I put some money on aussies and england. However if the draw happens I lose all my stake, whereas no matter who wins I ll still get my money back and make some profit.Do you think the draw can happen?I am getting worried, since bookies made the odds for the draw shorter.

ReputationRep:
    Draws are unlikely between these two teams as long as the weather holds firm. Then again, this pitch does look like a bit of a belter, so who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    The one about Kirsten is right, but not the answer I'm looking for.
    I answered 7 questions and four were right, so which 4 are they?

ReputationRep:
    they will be shortening their odds because its less likely to happen, therefore people will put money on it, which means that they will sweep more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Draws are unlikely between these two teams as long as the weather holds firm. Then again, this pitch does look like a bit of a belter, so who knows.
    there is some rain on saturday so it will spoil the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    they will be shortening their odds because its less likely to happen, therefore people will put money on it, which means that they will sweep more.
    no. when they want to make money they make the odds longer, so that people are interested in making more profit.

ReputationRep:
    Vaughan c McGrath b Katich 166

ReputationRep:
    yes, but when you shorten the odds on something, people are more likely to put money on it because it is supposedly more likely to happen...If they massively lengthened the odds after the match has started, people aren't going to put money on it because it looks unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    Sorry, 5 were right - the Kirsten question and the question 9.
    so the kirsten one and no 9 are wrong :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    so the kirsten one and no 9 are wrong :confused:
    aye

ReputationRep:
    'great ball shane'

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.