Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    bell is noob.i am really suprised by lee. he had an infection and now he plays a quality game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Yeah I agree. In some ways it's better. Tomorrow Freddy and Bell coming out will strike terror into the Aussie's hearts.
    I don't see Bell hanging on that much longer though, especially with a cold start tomorrow morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Blazed)
    They love saying that, don't they ? Especially when he gets knocked for four or six straight off the middle of the bat.
    yep, and 'good line shane' + 'excellent warney'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    I don't see Bell hanging on that much longer though, especially with a cold start tomorrow morning.
    If you've ever seen Bell play for Warwickshire, this is pretty much how he plays. He always looks fidgety and a bit nervous, but he often makes huge scores. He could easily rack up a hundred before lunch if he's patient tomorrow morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Close on 341-5. To be fair, a reasonable day's work. No harm in Hoggard going last ball of the evening. He did his job.
    Gives the Aussies a bit of momentum if anything though. A couple of early wickets tommorow and they could get back into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    The Aussies aren't the best team in the world for nothing, I'm predicting about 350/5 by the close of play and that would be pretty good IMO.
    I was close.

Flintoff actually bats better at 7 imo. So it is a good thing for England. Though don't forget England made 400 in a day at Edgbaston and just about squeezed home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hull chic)
    i totally agree wiv that. r u a hull or a leeds fan headin 2 cardiff?
    Do you think you could at least post a few without text speak, it is against TSR rules??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by durhamlad1)
    yep, and 'good line shane' + 'excellent warney'
    to be fair...its only gilchrist that says it in his hateful nasal tone...almost as bad as the south africans in the irritating chat stakes...

ReputationRep:
    And the collective "Oooooh" of the slip cordon everytime Glen bowls!

ReputationRep:
    13 dead!

ReputationRep:
    These championships are depressing for British Athletics.

I still remember the World Championships in Gothenburg and UK Athletics were pretty good back then, they were easily the best in Europe, after maybe Germany.

Now UK Athletics is worthless except maybe on the track at sprint and even then, it's only at European level that we can win anything. At world level, the US and the Carribean are way ahead

ReputationRep:
    It is just undying optimism:
    1st ball - six - good ball shane...
    2nd ball - six - you've got him shane...
    3rd ball - six - yes shane...
    4th ball - six - he's not liking that shane...
    and they'd go on ane on and on and on and on and on.....for the rest of their lives.
    Brett lees last ball was pretty impressive though - such a perfect wicket from a seamer.

ReputationRep:
    i've been hydrophobic until i was about 14! But it somehow went away a year ago. I still can't swim though, but i'm very excited about finally getting over the fear!
    I can do foward and back crawl a bit, still can't do breaststroke, i've got a friend who can teach me, but i'm kinda self- concious learning at this age though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worried_mess)
    Can anyone please explain how the f**k to do breast stroke! I cannot get my head round it, but I am getting tired of doing front crawl, breast stroke looks far more relaxed and comfortable!
    i've been wondering the same thing, the leg movement looks very complicated.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very annoyed that Pieterson got out the way he did. Had he stayed, we could have posted such a high total! We'd better not collapse and at least get over 400. What do you reckon is a good score batting first on this pitch?
    Btw, congratulations to Vaughan on his brilliant captain's innings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I'm very annoyed that Pieterson got out the way he did. Had he stayed, we could have posted such a high total! We'd better not collapse and at least get over 400. What do you reckon is a good score batting first on this pitch?
    Anything over 400 would be pretty good.

Edit: the last match here, WI made 395 batting first and England won by 7 wickets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yeah, I'm annoyed Pieterson got out so cheaply too. Why couldn't he have ducked? All he had to do was hang in till the end of play. Test cricket is about patience!

I should hope if they play carefully (there are 5 days, don't forget) they could hold out to around 450-500. Hopefully the pitch will have deteriorated enough by the time the Aussies go into bat that we can bowl them out for a respectable total.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm annoyed Pieterson got out so cheaply too. Why couldn't he have ducked? All he had to do was hang in till the end of play. Test cricket is about patience!
    Its the way KP plays, sometimes he pulls it off, others he doesn't.

I should hope if they play carefully (there are 5 days, don't forget) they could hold out to around 450-500. Hopefully the pitch will have deteriorated enough by the time the Aussies go into bat that we can bowl them out for a respectable total.
    For that to happen, Bell will have to play very well along with Flintoff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    #9 is winning by 1 run at Adelaide

#2 is Aminul Islam, don't know about the record?

#5 is Lee Germon?
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    6. an unbeaten home record on test matches
    Are any of these right? No. 5??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    For that to happen, Bell will have to play very well along with Flintoff.
    Well, with 5 wickets left on a good surface 100+ runs shouldn't be out of the question, if they take things slowly.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.