Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    Well, with 5 wickets left on a good surface 100+ runs shouldn't be out of the question, if they take things slowly.
    Very big "if". And the Aussies have their tails up, quick wickets tomorrow and 400 would be good. Warne is spinning it like nobody's business already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    2 of them are right, I'll let you guess which ones
    I'm guessing five and six :cool:

Is 9-Lara/Richardson partnership (293), the highest 3rd wicket partnership by the West Indies in Australia

ReputationRep:
    Very big "if". And the Aussies have their tails up, quick wickets tomorrow and 400 would be good. Warne is spinning it like nobody's business already.
    I think enlgand will get 400+, especially with Freddie on form. Then England's bowlers will rip the Aussies apart

ReputationRep:
    you think so? i know i didn't watch it religiously as others here...but the stuff i saw of warne didn't look too impressive.
    Bell is playing him very well (as he also did last time), and if flintoff treats him with the distain he was handed in edgbaston, we would be looking for a 500...
    also...if jones can break 10 for once...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    1) www.bbc.co.uk > sport > football > fixtures
    2) Tickets available depending upon the football team.

E.G. someone like Arsenal will be sold out for the next 20 years whereas Man Utd may not be over the next year! lol
    Thanks for the link! I just checked it out, but it only goes up until August 17th, and I was hoping to book tickets for October/November... do you know of any other websites I can try out for the dates I need?

LOL sorry if I was vague but I know nothing about football. My cousins coming round from overseas and wants me to book him tickets. He didn't specify.. just said "a football match"......... so I have no idea which one to go for. I THINK he's a fan of manchester united - but I'm not sure. I guess I'll just look at the matches playing and available over the time he'll be here.

ReputationRep:
    you think so? i know i didn't watch it religiously as others here...but the stuff i saw of warne didn't look too impressive.
    Some of his deliveries were spinning just as much as that "Strauss ball" :eek:

Bell is playing him very well (as he also did last time), and if flintoff treats him with the distain he was handed in edgbaston, we would be looking for a 500...
    also...if jones can break 10 for once...
    Having said that, Warne has got Bell a couple of times. Jones needs to show the promise we know he has, otherwise I want Read back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fluffball)
    And the collective "Oooooh" of the slip cordon everytime Glen bowls!
    In all fairness it's just natural. I know when I'm playing on a saturday or sunday I'm in the batsman's ear all the time and the "oooh" after a play and miss just comes out naturally. It's the best thing about fielding in close

I fancy pigeon to get an early wicket tommorow to make things interesting. Mind you, Harmison and Flintoff will have some fun on this wicket IMO.

ReputationRep:
    The NBA is awesome. Robert Horry really is a legend! What's that 6-time NBA Champion and he has surpassed the gr8 MJ in 3-point field goals in an nba playoff finals series. He's always looks like he's gonna score. When I realised the spurs were playing the pistons, I immediately rooted for the spurs but as eswiftfire said the pistons just didnt give up. Being a Laker I really dislike the pistons after the excuse of a series last year but Rachid and Ben just brought it to S.A. I cant wait for next season man. LBJ will be playing with 3 all-star class players expect cleveland to do some damage. Miami too with Wade and Shaq. it could well be there year. Impatiently waiting to see Gerald Green of the Celtics he's gonna be unstoppable.

Kobe should take MVP honours if we get a few decent free agents in. LA really need to restore some pride back.

ReputationRep:
    I am a member of Spurs and if your a member you have a 10 day priority of tikets before they are released into general sale. The matches are usually sold out before they go out on general sale. You can only buy one extra guest ticket.

Arsenal's membership is different, bcoz of the high demand of tikets, they have membership 'levels'. Tickets go to sale to Silver members first (and season tiket holders). If there are any left, tickets to go sale to Red members, and if your really lucky and no one wants to see them play, the public have a try!

I dont know about man utd membership and ticket policies, but i guess it might be like arsenals. By the way, to get a season ticket, the waiting list has gone to an estimated 12 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tweetsy85)
    Thanks for the link! I just checked it out, but it only goes up until August 17th, and I was hoping to book tickets for October/November... do you know of any other websites I can try out for the dates I need?

LOL sorry if I was vague but I know nothing about football. My cousins coming round from overseas and wants me to book him tickets. He didn't specify.. just said "a football match"......... so I have no idea which one to go for. I THINK he's a fan of manchester united - but I'm not sure. I guess I'll just look at the matches playing and available over the time he'll be here.
    Where abouts do you live?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a total waterbaby, I love swimming.

I used to be a swimmer, I love swimming, I still swim at least three times a week, I love swimming, I'm just about to go swimming now, and, did I mention that I love swimming?

ReputationRep:
    10. dave houghton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE UNDERDOG)
    The matches are usually sold out before they go out on general sale.
    If the matches are usually sold out before they go on general sale, and if it seems you need membership to clubs to get tickets, then how do tourists get tickets? :confused: or do they only get to go to the more rubbish matches? lol

the waiting list has gone to an estimated 12 years.
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    It is just undying optimism:
    1st ball - six - good ball shane...
    2nd ball - six - you've got him shane...
    3rd ball - six - yes shane...
    4th ball - six - he's not liking that shane...
    and they'd go on ane on and on and on and on and on.....for the rest of their lives.
    Brett lees last ball was pretty impressive though - such a perfect wicket from a seamer.
    i think it's good, a display of team spirit nothing more or less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Where abouts do you live?
    London - but I think my cousin will be travelling around the UK when he'll be here.

ReputationRep:
    No more hints. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the first person to get all of them right.

ReputationRep:
    No more hints. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the first person to get all of them right.
    You haven't given us any hints :rolleyes: What about my sugestion for no.9 (i edited my previous post).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noel)
    WOW 2nd is great, what class did she do? Whats her second name and whats her horses name? Sorry to be nosey!

Also what branch of the pony club was the camp? Ive got a feeling it could be the one I'm a member of, however I've only ever went to 3 PC shows! Is it Burton Cheshire Forest? :rolleyes:
    WELL DONE ON QUALIFYING!!! What class are you in?

Her name is Joanne Freer and her horse is called Orlando at home, I dont know what hi show name is :confused: Unfortunately, she found out today he has to have three months box rest becuase of a tendon problem so she's been desperately trying to find a horse for Hickstead next week. I really hope she's got one!!

No it's the Meynell Hunt. I went to camp there once and hated it - half the members are at private shcool and are *frightfully* posh and everythig is run to suit them - I could never get to half the rallies becuase they were scheduled for the private school's holidays, which were very different to ours. It was really off-putting to be asked at breakfast "And when does your school have breakfast in the morning?" and to look up form your cornfales and go "Um...I'm at a state school. We don't really do breakfast..."

ReputationRep:
    He's an OK captain. I think his team needs a strike bowler because they've got no pace. I think he's a better ODI captain than test captain.

ReputationRep:
    Swimming Rocks!!!
    i used to swim heaps but havent swum in ages...
    need to get my own pool and then i can swim everyday, whenever i want...bliss!!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.