8. s wettimuny against pakistan at faisalabad in march 1982
    10.dave houghton of zimbabwe

how many have i got??
    hes gone offline

ReputationRep:
    Yes he is!

ReputationRep:
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ra.lewi...CF0325_JPG.jpg

Piling on the pounds now that the Tdf is over!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think England would be safe with anything 500+, or best of all, 550. The pitch apparently will deteriorate quickly, so if we can get Australia out for about 300, then they'd be forced to follow on as well.

When's the last time Australia were forced to follow on, does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    he is a very good captain...up there with greame smith as one of the best in the business imo..

ReputationRep:
    My stroke girl broke her ribs a year ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vishpatel)
    how many have i got??
    Won't say until you've got them all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    When's the last time Australia were forced to follow on, does anyone know?
    1988, 1st Test at Karachi, Javed Miandad forced the Aussies to follow on (and Pakistan beat them by an innings :eek: ).

Sourav Ganguly had the ideal opportunity to do it two years ago when India were Down Under and India had piled on 705 at Sydney but chose not to - which eventually meant that the Aussies managed to save the game. Defensive captanicy at its worst.

ReputationRep:
    A good captain but I think he's been a skipper for too long. New Zealand need a change, and appointing Dan Vettori as vice captain is a step in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if Vaughan would enforce the follow on - why not try to get another 250 or so on top of the 200 to follow on and put the game beyond reach, rather than risk facing Warne on the last day ?

Of course, we're going to have to get there first.

ReputationRep:
    if flintoff buggers up yesterday, then aussies win. if not then england wins.

ReputationRep:
    i ve got one small question about the draw. Can the draw only happen because of bad weather, e.g. rain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    i ve got one small question about the draw. Can the draw only happen because of bad weather, e.g. rain?
    one possibility.

Another: if England make 400 for example, and Australia make 600, and England bat again and make 300 or something and it goes into the fifth day it will be a draw. Basically if neither side can take 20 wickets it will be a draw.

ReputationRep:
    do you think there is a chance of a draw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    do you think there is a chance of a draw?
    with the dead pitch it is possible.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the quiz Zaf Really good fun - but a bit tough. Am unsure on a couple and am grateful to Google for a couple.

1. Glenn McGrath - 1997, 2001 and 2005.
    2. Aminul Islam - first time a new test playing nation player has scored a century on debut.
    3. Neil Mallender (I only knew this cos I'm a Somerset fan ) At last I have been rewarded for this dubious privilege :p: .
    4. M H Mankad - against West Indies
    5. Lee Germon
    6. Had never lost at the ground until England beat them.
    7. To be out to a bowler who has only played one test match (Kabir Ali) - that is all I can think of for this one.
    8. Sidath Wettimuny - against Pakistan in Faisalabad in 1982.
    9. Last team to win a test match by 1 run and last team to beat Australia in a test series in Australia.
    10. Andy Flower.

Hope I've got them all.

Good luck to England for tomorrow. (Sorry to any Aussies reading ) Hoping we have another good day. Am loving the Ashes series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    Cheers for the quiz Zaf Really good fun - but a bit tough. Am unsure on a couple and am grateful to Google for a couple.

1. Glenn McGrath - 1997, 2001 and 2005.
    2. Aminul Islam - first time a new test playing nation player has scored a century on debut.
    3. Neil Mallender (I only knew this cos I'm a Somerset fan ) At last I have been rewarded for this dubious privilege :p: .
    4. M H Mankad - against West Indies
    5. Lee Germon
    6. Had never lost at the ground until England beat them.
    7. To be out to a bowler who has only played one test match (Kabir Ali) - that is all I can think of for this one.
    8. Sidath Wettimuny - against Pakistan in Faisalabad in 1982.
    9. Last team to win a test match by 1 run and last team to beat Australia in a test series in Australia.
    10. Andy Flower.

Hope I've got them all.

Good luck to England for tomorrow. (Sorry to any Aussies reading ) Hoping we have another good day. Am loving the Ashes series.
    Well done, just one isn't right. Keep going. I'll let you guess which one isn't

At last I have been rewarded for this dubious privilege .
    2020 champs this season :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    with the dead pitch it is possible.
    how is pitch going to be dead, if there is going to be rain on saturday plus the pitch always get spoilt after first days?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.