Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ~ 450 is always a reasonable first innings score. Just need to bowl them out and get a decent lead now.

ReputationRep:
    The pace of league argument is often overemphasised I believe. I've seen some very fast games especially when the All Blacks play against a southern hemisphere counterpart. And if speed was that important I'd watch jai-alai more often than I do.

ReputationRep:
    1. Glenn McGrath - 1997, 2001 and 2005.
    2. Aminul Islam - first time a new test playing nation player has scored a century on debut.
    3. Neil Mallender
    4. M H Mankad - against West Indies
    5. Lee Germon
    6. Had never lost at the ground until England beat them.
    7. To be out to a bowler who has only played one test match (Kabir Ali)
    8. Sidath Wettimuny - against Pakistan in Faisalabad in 1982.
    9. Last team to win a test match by 1 run, last team to beat Australia in a test series in Australia and Lara/Richardson partnership (293), the highest 3rd wicket partnership by the West Indies in Australia.
    10. Andy Flower.

Surely I'm there now

Kirsten had already scored centuries against England and didn't reach his 7000 runs until the West Indies so it can't be either of those.

ReputationRep:
    Yup i think England have enough runs. First hour or so of Australia's innings will be interesting. Also Hayden and Gilchrist really need to come to the party in this innings, they've been very poor this summer so far, let alone the dropped catches yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    We can easily defend this if our bowling attack works well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    We can easily defend this if our bowling attack works well.
    Hope so! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Eep! 444! Quadruple Nelson! :afraid:
    This doesn't bode well. Everybody stand on one leg!!! :eek:
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    But he's one of the best captains around. I watched Somerset 20-20 semi final and final and he was the difference. (but he does look scary )
    Who is better? Michael Vaughan or Smith? Being patriotic I will go for Vaughan. I think his captaincy so far has been excellent and there is a great team spirit amongst the England players. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Celtic at portsmouth level? Are for real? Yes Celtic are having a poor start to the season but they are by no means mediocre. The hoops are more like Newcastle they have the potential but never really seem to live up to their billing.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What about that one handed catch by Bell?! Pretty dammned good imo. Giles is rather fit and a cracking bowler at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    What about that one handed catch by the rather scrumptious Bell?! Pretty dammned good imo.
    Was pretty good indeed!

England doing well so far, no real batting collapse until the tail end..just need to keep the pressure on the Aussies.

ReputationRep:
    . glenn mcgrath...1997 2001 and 2005
    2. aminul islam...highes score made by a player in an inaugaral test match
    3. Neil Mallendar
    4. vinoo mankad who took 5/228 against west indies in 1952/53
    5. lee germon
    6. pakistan had never lost a game there
    7. 7000 runs in test cricket..
    8. s wettimuny against pakistan at faisalabad in march 1982
    9. Last team to beat australia in a test series in australia
    10.dave houghton of zimbabwe

come on dats got 2 be all of dem!!

ReputationRep:
    Damn I love Athletics..and I can't believe people are being mean about Kluft..she's ace! Girls can't look good doing sport all the time!

The conditions have spoiled the Championships I think, it's meant a lot of slower times and a lot of injured athletes.

Benjamin has a reasonable chance for a medal tonight, nothing higher than a bronze but he might just sneak in.

UKA don't do enough for young British athletes and I think athletics isn't promoted as much as it should be as a lot of the events simply can't be done in schools...e.g. pole vault! I hope as we have the Olympics in 2012 there will be more consistent funding for young athletes and more promotion within schools as well as athletics clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophdoph)
    Was pretty good indeed!

England doing well so far, no real batting collapse until the tail end..just need to keep the pressure on the Aussies.
    *ambles over to thread* 90-3 *ambles away*

ReputationRep:
    Loving it....

ReputationRep:
    martyn's wasting no time
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    has any1 seen npower girls?fit.
    Is it just me or does the England team have many more fit men in it than usual?

ReputationRep:
    What A Ball!!!! Comeon!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Bloody good this cricket.... I've been hooked all day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogger)
    Is it just me or does the England team have many more fit men in it than usual?
    Could just be the comparison to the older Aussie team...

I'm just hoping that England can keep going without getting tired...It would be great to go 2-1..though I do think I'm getting a bit ahead of myself.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.