Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Celtic at portsmouth level? Are for real? Yes Celtic are having a poor start to the season but they are by no means mediocre. The hoops are more like Newcastle they have the potential but never really seem to live up to their billing.
    Nah Portsmouth is a bit low. Aston Villa is about right.

ReputationRep:
    tis true since the collection of aussie haircuts could equally be found in an 80's disco in belgium....mmmmm, mullet madness

ReputationRep:
    um... here's for freddie bowling gilchrist... (soon)
    120-4 come on you england!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wow... Giles.... I think I'm in love! What a cracking bowler

ReputationRep:
    Ataloss, oh go on then, you are the winner!

The answer I was looking for on no. 7 was scoring a hundred in every single test playing country. But nevertheless, your answer was also correct.
    darth vader, you can have a rep too just because of your persistence!

ReputationRep:
    down but not out.... comeon aussies!!!!!!!!!!! go you good thing gilly

ReputationRep:
    come on freddie - send gilchrist home!
    how much short stuff do you think clark will get when he eventually arrives?
    The yorker-bouncer method would hurt like hell!

ReputationRep:
    Competitive Ashes at last!!

Cracker of a match in store, if Edgbaston is anything to go on.

ReputationRep:
    when you say competitive...you mean we're ontop of a test? the last one was competitive :bandit:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    when you say competitive...you mean we're ontop of a test? the last one was competitive :bandit:
    I meant the series in general dude :cool:

ReputationRep:
    more catches dropped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaeda)
    more catches dropped!
    A typical English collapse, yet its the Aussies who are collapsing :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i know...gilchrist dropped twice though....we could be home by now without that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Who is better? Michael Vaughan or Smith? Being patriotic I will go for Vaughan. I think his captaincy so far has been excellent and there is a great team spirit amongst the England players. :yy:
    Vaughan's captaincy has been excellent, but don't forget the team has stuck to the plans which is why the captain has been made to look good. Smith looked great in 2003 when SA were thrashing England all the way until the last series.

ReputationRep:
    what an advert howard brown is a god!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    i know...gilchrist dropped twice though....we could be home by now without that!
    You drop him and he makes you pay. He hasn't had a big score yet, and England may just have given him the invite he will not refuse...

ReputationRep:
    Gilchrist needs to go..come on England....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaf1986)
    You drop him and he makes you pay. He hasn't had a big score yet, and England may just have given him the invite he will not refuse...
    they're learning from vaughans example...

ReputationRep:
    Man, dropped catches are coming from both sides, though as yet, the aussies are suffering more because of it. I hope that Gilchrist doesn't make us pay for it.

ReputationRep:
    Well it looks likely that England will head into Trent Bridge at 2-1. Unbelievable. The intensity they've played at is the key, it's shocked the Aussies and they haven't known how to respond to it. I don't think this Australian team has had this sort of challenge posed to them before. They overcame South Africa home and away by absolutely battering them with attacking cricket and were posed problems by India in 2001 and 2004 but neither of those sides had the intensity level, mental strength and tactical awareness as this England team. Superb cricket.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.