The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Xenon
One of the biggest disappointments was the sprinters and Nathan Douglas. I guess the pressure got to Douglas a bit. I hope he overcomes that because he's young and good and surely a medal hope for thew future. The sprinters could salvage something from the relays. Also, the americans are out of the relay :smile: because of their baton mess-up. I though they were supposed to be working on that.
Also, what on earth happened to Chris Tomlinson? He used to be a good hope!

Tomlinson has be plagued with a number of injuries and was lucky to even compete.

A good performance from Benjamin tonight in the 400m in what was a very fast race. He had a poor lane but managed to post a good time. Great run from Wariner winning in 43.93s.

Yelena Isinbayeva managed to break her pole vault record with 5.01m. She is so much better than anyone at the moment.

Good to see the USA go out of the 4x100m relay. We now have a good chance of a medal but think Jamaica will take the gold
zaf1986
Ataloss, oh go on then, you are the winner!

The answer I was looking for on no. 7 was scoring a hundred in every single test playing country. But nevertheless, your answer was also correct.
darth vader, you can have a rep too just because of your persistence!

cool- thanks :biggrin:
i know how you feel edders...i was catching the odd update at work and the last one i saw was Geraint and Freddie going, so was raving as soon as i got home!
I want a pony!!!! my parents promised me one as a way of bribing me to move peacefully from hong kong back to england. that was 3 years ago. ......im still waiting. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :wtf?:
Becca
Who is better? Michael Vaughan or Smith? Being patriotic I will go for Vaughan. I think his captaincy so far has been excellent and there is a great team spirit amongst the England players. :yy:

I'd say that both are very good. Vaughn is an excellent captain, but so is Smith. I think before Vaughn's 100 I'd have said Smith. I agree that Vaughn has created a good fighting spirit in the side :smile:
Reply 4746
luckily rowing is supposed to be a non-contact sport!
since when? have you never seen bumps racing?
It is certainly a long way from non-contact :biggrin:
Reply 4748
sounds so fun, i cant wait to give it a go :smile:
Reply 4749
At least he's inspired the guy/girl to get on a bike rather than lie on the sofa!
ChelseaBabe
I'll let you keep this thread for now, but if it turns into an Ashes fest, I will merge. :wink:

Sorry Cindy!! We'll go away from the Ashes! It just erm...happened to come up in conversation! :rolleyes:

kpg: I'll admit I wished that we could have had Thorpe over Bell after the first test, but he has proven himself in this game.

What do people think about the fact that the ECB has sold TV rights for next season to Sky? I am soooo mad because we can't afford Sky so that means no cricket on TV for me next summer. Looks like I'll have to rely on TMS!!! Good old Blowers, Aggers and co. :biggrin:
Dr. Blazed
Gillespie never lasts that long, Lee's usually much worse than he was last week, and McGrath is the new Tufnell. The follow on is most definitely possible tomorrow morning.

I hope you mean in terms of batting! :biggrin:
Reply 4752
The fact that is non-contact makes it harder physically, I don't know any other sport which makes you hurt as much as a 2k makes you hurt, but then again I haven't tried many to that level
Reply 4753
kpg
He's got a couple of tons for Hampshire this season too. His technique maybe a bit unorthodox but he's no mug with the bat. I think even with a lead of about 100 (which would force Aus' tail enders to bat exceptionally again), England should be combfortable.

warne can get 20 runs more, gilepsie can get 20 runs as well and so can lee, mcgrath can get 20 runs. thats 80 runs already and the score can come to 300 runs. Has anyone notice that aussies start playing very good in the beginning but then play ****. Like yesterday mcgrath was very good in the beginning.Almost got 3 wickets. Today aussies got 5 wickets without letting england get up to 500.I still think aussies can come back if they get 300 tomorrow and bowl england for 150 in 2nd, then get 280 again.
Try time trial road cycling...it is so so much worse! (from personal experience)
There is an amazing rush from bumps racing though - just like most full-contact sports.
well - since mcgrath and lee dont still look on top form (despite some very good moments) - probably still suffering a little.
I dont think that the aussies will be able to bown us out that cheaply personally, so hopefully if we keep them around 300 we could bat another quick-fire 300 and leave it virtually out of reach with 2 days to bowl at them.
Reply 4756
bikerx23
well - since mcgrath and lee dont still look on top form (despite some very good moments) - probably still suffering a little.
I dont think that the aussies will be able to bown us out that cheaply personally, so hopefully if we keep them around 300 we could bat another quick-fire 300 and leave it virtually out of reach with 2 days to bowl at them.

tomorrow, because of rain, they are going to play around 3 hours. Lets say aussies play for 2 hours. Then the pitch gets crap and aussies get 2-3 wickets tomorrow on england. On sunday, aussies finish off england at around 150 tops. Then they will only need around 250-280
Reply 4757
IZZY!
tomorrow, because of rain, they are going to play around 3 hours. Lets say aussies play for 2 hours. Then the pitch gets crap and aussies get 2-3 wickets tomorrow on england. On sunday, aussies finish off england at around 150 tops. Then they will only need around 250-280

Even if that does happen, they won't enjoy batting the last innings on a cow of a pitch.
Reply 4758
Raindance
Even if that does happen, they won't enjoy batting the last innings on a cow of a pitch.

i know. but the same thing was predicted for edgebaston and aussies apparently got around 280 even with crappy pitch.they are just very good and can come up with anything.
Reply 4759
IZZY!

Someone's an optimist. :rolleyes: We're thrashing them man!

Latest