Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO Watch

This discussion is closed.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not sure. Anyways, Tiago has been good as well.
fernando
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
Not sure. Anyways, Tiago has been good as well.
he has his moments...overshadowed by lampard though
Avi
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fernando)
i think ferriera's been better than carvalho this season but only marginally
carvalho has been their silent gem..he's made all his crucial tackles...ferreira shoved around more and maade the occasional error..but carvalho has been solid. Tiago has been rubbish, 2 good performances the whole season i think....outshone by lampard..tough shoes to match though
Freeway
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
so whats the score going to be tomorrow? i think lions by 10 points
McFly Stalker
Report 13 years ago
Gerrard better than Lampard?? No way!!

kpg's right - I haven't seen that much evidence of Gerrard's supposed 'talent' - and can't really understand how he's supposed to be such a good player! Yeah he has his good days, but in my opinion - they don't come as often as they should.

Lampard on the other hand - wow! Have you seen those free kicks? Plus he befriended that little girl who had cancer, so you gotta love him for that
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa...I never said he wasnt a good player, just not as good as he's hyped up to be and has had a poor season. The season before (03/04) he was superb and carried the team on his own in a way I've never seen one man perform so brilliantly on his own while most around him were so poor. But, under Rafa we need a new type of Gerrard and a new type of captain.
McFly Stalker
Report 13 years ago
yeah well it was a big paragraph, so i just read the first line

True - hyped up too much, and has too much presure on him. But I think at chelsea he'd struggle with all the other world class players around him. Whilst at liverpool, he's their hero - only because there really isn't anyone else. He doesn't allow the other players to shine. So I'm thinking he move to somewhere else - anywhere but chelsea.. or man utd (they rock too much)
Freeway
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
34-20, 14 points i was close

still not a conving performance though...
Colly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not a great performance and certainly tarnished by Dallaglio's suspected dislocated ankle. However there were a few great performances; I think Hill, Peel, Lewsey and O'Connell have made sure of their test places. Disappointed with ROG though, he had a big chance, and played well with ball in hand but his defence and goal-kicking really let him down.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not bad from Bay of Plenty. I expected more from a combined nationals side though. They seem to think that Dallaglio's tour is off now. Time shall tell i guess.
Colly
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yea looks like Dallaglio is gone and Ireland's Simon Easterby has been called out to NZ. Seems a strange call to me, I would have gone for Jason White over him.
Avi
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by McFly Stalker)
yeah well it was a big paragraph, so i just read the first line

True - hyped up too much, and has too much presure on him. But I think at chelsea he'd struggle with all the other world class players around him. Whilst at liverpool, he's their hero - only because there really isn't anyone else. He doesn't allow the other players to shine. So I'm thinking he move to somewhere else - anywhere but chelsea.. or man utd (they rock too much)
i think your kinda right there....watch gerrard for england...kinda ordinary..if he moved to chelsea he would be outshone but in liverpool he's their god.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
No. Go back a few pages to see the arguments and evidence presented.
mostlyharmless
Report 13 years ago
the way the lions are playing and prepairing for matches they have no chance of beating NZ.

they seem to be more interested in protecting there training ground with a big red frence and armed security guards and doing publicity stunts then concentrating on doing any training which they desperately need!

how many "community activities" (publicity stunts) did england do during the WC!
Avi
Report 13 years ago
can't be bothered..it's only liverpool
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Avi)
can't be bothered..it's only liverpool
Liverpool and Chelsea mainly, but also comparisons involving Arsenal and Manchester United. We were talking about how Gerrard has a lot to learn from Keane and Viera, which would make him a godly player. Lampard, however, is too one dimensional to benefit from the great teachings and pupillage of the Great Gurus. :p:
Avi
Report 13 years ago
o ok...my bad..hehe :p:
hossy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
*******s!

LD out - Ankle Fracture

JL is looking damn good though!

Reasonable match I thought

Rotorua stinks, I went last year and eventually got used to it....
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I forget who's the English football writers' award winner.
Rainy
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
I forget who's the English football writers' award winner.
Well it does help when the media thinks the sun shines out of your proverbials. :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (362)
37.47%
No - but I will (74)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (67)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (463)
47.93%

Watched Threads