Turn on thread page Beta

somehow,i couldn't access this thread before.my deepest and most heartfelt apologies

why can't you guys watch cricket though?isn't there a channel there that would show it?

(Original post by Becca)
    Who is better? Michael Vaughan or Smith? Being patriotic I will go for Vaughan. I think his captaincy so far has been excellent and there is a great team spirit amongst the England players. :yy:
    vaughan is superior imo.he really has helped them vastly

ReputationRep:
    hehe.here comes the danger for england. if aussies get 60 tomorrow and finish off at lets say 330 runs. Then england is bowled out quickly tomorrow for 180 runs, because the pitch is crap now. Then aussies can get 280 like they did before and win. The weather looks fine for the next two days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    hehe.here comes the danger for england. if aussies get 60 tomorrow and finish off at lets say 330 runs. Then england is bowled out quickly tomorrow for 180 runs, because the pitch is crap now. Then aussies can get 280 like they did before and win. The weather looks fine for the next two days.
    I don't think that the aussies will make 330. I think its englands game to lose, hopefully the weather will be good tomorrow and on monday.

ReputationRep:
    I've backed Geraint Jones for quite a while, however, his mistakes are now becoming so abundant. Regardless of what excuses the commentators made for him - that stumping was utterly regulation. He knew Warne would charge sooner or later and his technique was, frankly, shocking. I know he made runs in this game, but how costly will that f**k up prove? Apparently he dropped Warne in the next session as well? How hard was that chance?

englishstudent: Athers can grate a bit, but he's nowhere near as bad as Boycott! "When I was playing for Yorkshire..." "When I was playing for England..." "Back in my playing days..." ad infintium. He wasn't even a fantastic player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    I don't think that the aussies will make 330. I think its englands game to lose, hopefully the weather will be good tomorrow and on monday.
    under pressure aussies do very well.look at warne and gilepsie today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    under pressure aussies do very well.look at warne and gilepsie today.
    They won't last. Warney will probably walk on his stumps again! I think England should have let Harminson bowl a few overs today.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Warne gets his ton tommorow

ReputationRep:
    does anyone think there will be a draw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cameleon)
    Hello there!

Just wondering if anyone on here takes part in kayaking? I started in April of this year and am really enjoying it! I hope to carry on next season too. My query was about the levels...Which level are you on and how long did it take you to get to this level? I STILL havent got my 1 star certificate yet, and am thinking that although I love it, maybe Im not cut out for it as I haven't progressed as much as I thought...or is this time normal? :stupid:

Probably paranoid Milly :wavey:
    i used to kayak. spent about a season 2 years ago, at the end of which i was ready for going in for my 3*. however, chose to go sea kayaking in anglesey instead of the test... kayaking is good fun, some people pick it up faster than others, but if your happy doing it and enjoy it then there is no reason why you shouldnt continue...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    Is it just me, or is FCUM a bloody stupid acronym?
    :rofl: So True!

ReputationRep:
    Just one simple question that ask for a complex answer.

How can Major League Soccer become more successful?

ReputationRep:
    renaming it to football for a start

ReputationRep:
    lol, its swimming! Of course we are going to win stuff!

Had it been track, im more like, hmm, did we get steamrolled again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nooneknows)
    englishstudent: Athers can grate a bit, but he's nowhere near as bad as Boycott! "When I was playing for Yorkshire..." "When I was playing for England..." "Back in my playing days..." ad infintium. He wasn't even a fantastic player.
    over 8000 runs is a big achievement even now. What I love about Boycs is his forthright opinions on the game. He will point out the truth even if it means criticising his own players.

(Original post by kpg)
    althouhg he's an undeniably good bowler,i don't like him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)

Looks like it wasn't his lucky day

ReputationRep:
    Agreed about Wariner, definitely deserved of the win. There's talk about him breaking Johnson's WR which is a bit premature I feel. He may do it but not any time soon.
    Also well done to Tommi Evila getting a bronze for Finland thanks to a new national record long jump, and to the GBR 4x100 team which looked good although it was a shame Lewis-Francis got cramp at the end.
    1205hrs today on BBC1 to see Paula going in the marathon. Good luck to her!

ReputationRep:
    Daveo wants a Kayak.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever i'm in portugal i go sea kayaking. I went a week ago and got smashed against some rocks.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.