Socrates
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Luize)
Looks like it wasn't his lucky day
Unlucky, he deserved a hundred IMO.

anyway, aussies 9 down now, so how quickly will england finish them off and start batting will decide the result of the game.
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Becca)
How long do Sky have it for? :mad: :mad:
Indefinitely. Sky gives more money. Channel 4 can't compete. And next year its England vs Pakistan which is always a great series. And I'll miss it :mad:
kpg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Gutted for Warne. He has been outstanding in this series, even for his own standards. Hope he gets a ton before retiring.
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Gutted for Warne. He has been outstanding in this series, even for his own standards. Hope he gets a ton before retiring.
true, with bat and ball, he has been excellent so far. England is his home from home.

This is shaping out to be a good test match, lets see what happens. Fingers crossed for no more rain.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
England well on top though. If they score quickly I think they'll bat till about an hour after tea and declare, if not about an hour into the morning tommorow.
_EMMA_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Paula Radcliffe!!!
Joycey
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
An opinion from a girli....union is better to play and watch, and with more people gettin involved in the sport it shows it strengths, but I have watched numerous league games and am getting to quite like the pace of the game and action. Watched the Toulouse game quite a few weeks ago when they played in france, I was totally gripped to it, fantastic. But overall you cant beat the atmosphere at Twickers at the Powergen final..MAGIC!!
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Tomlinson = legend..I love his hair.

Well done Paula
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
do you think they are going to declare soon?i guess they reach 300 diff and declare.
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by IZZY!)
do you think they are going to declare soon?i guess they reach 300 diff and declare.
400 probably to be safe...
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Who is winning?? Not watching it cos I don't like Cricket.
Socrates
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by ChelseaBabe)
Who is winning?? Not watching it cos I don't like Cricket.
:eek: :eek:

England on top, but a draw likely.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by zaf1986)

Sorry, I just think its a bit boring, to slow a game for me.

Was hoping England could pull it off.
nooneknows
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
over 8000 runs is a big achievement even now. What I love about Boycs is his forthright opinions on the game. He will point out the truth even if it means criticising his own players.
I wasn't trying to play down his success. He was a good player who, through intense practice and discipline, made himself into a great. It just seems to me he sometimes forgets his own fallibility...England 2005 can't get this, that and the other right, but "back in ma day..."
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

how can a draw happen?
faye_y2k
Report 13 years ago
The marathon was ace! :p: well done paula! I thought the heptathlon was good though this year, very competitive
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can't see the Australians (with Clarke crocked) batting out 3.5 sessions to be honest but I'd like to see them do it.
flyboy123
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Urgh Bell is soooo slow. Surely vaughn should have put pieterson 4 and then flintoff 5 so we could get some runs quickly rather than messing around. Unless strauss and especially bell start scoring quickly its gonna be a draw. i reckon we need to have put the aussies back in bat by 5.30
IZZY!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by flyboy123)
Urgh Bell is soooo slow. Surely vaughn should have put pieterson 4 and then flintoff 5 so we could get some runs quickly rather than messing around. Unless strauss and especially bell start scoring quickly its gonna be a draw. i reckon we need to have put the aussies back in bat by 5.30
i reckon that as well. i think england needs to get 350 runs difference and declare.thats the only option.i have also noticed that it takes approx an hour to get 50 runs. so in an hour and half england will be at 250 runs and may declare so that they have another hour to bowl
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't think England will declare till they have a lead of 400+. That's only another hundred, they'll bat for an hour and declare.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.94%
No - but I will (46)
6.78%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.52%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (317)
46.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise