Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    I don't think England will declare till they have a lead of 400+. That's only another hundred, they'll bat for an hour and declare.
    then they will risk for a draw. in any way, they have to declare in an hour now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'd be surprised if they didn't have atleast 45mins-1hr at the Aussies tonight, and a day and a bit should be enough to bowl them out.

ReputationRep:
    a day is enough to bowl out aussies. especially in the second innings with deteriorated pitch.

ReputationRep:
    How's about Bell starts pulling his weight. Strauss has a bit of bite about him but Bell just needs to look at the position were in and act on it.

We have 8 wickets to spare with Pietersen and Flintoff to come who can get the scoreboard moving and quickly.

Bell and Strauss should have been warned about the pace slowing at tea.

ReputationRep:
    The sooner they declare the better. 350 odd is plenty enough. Just out of interest; does Warne now have the highest batting average out of all the Aussies during this Ashes?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Rupes)
    The sooner they declare the better. 350 odd is plenty enough. Just out of interest; does Warne now have the highest batting average out of all the Aussies during this Ashes?
    Surely they'll wait till they have a ton and 50 respectively...

ReputationRep:
    They got 300 with Warne being pretty much the only strong contributor.

The aussie top order has been pretty shoddy in this test and the last but don't bet on them pulling it out when they have to.

I think we should declare with a lead of 420. But that means we have to press on and that means taking a lot of risks.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever happens, I'm going to be at Old Trafford tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Whatever happens, I'm going to be at Old Trafford tomorrow.
    :ditto: I think.

Tickets on the door?

ReputationRep:
    Sugar, 2 wickets down.

ReputationRep:
    for christ sake, we should declare now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    :ditto: I think.

Tickets on the door?
    Yeah, gate opens at 8.30. So me and my friends are setting out at 4.30 in the morning :eek:

Where are you going from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    for christ sake, we should declare now.
    There is not much in the pitch and 350 is still a little dangerous. Put Freddy in and then declare at about half past or quarter to.

ReputationRep:
    I think they should let the people who had tickets for Saturday get in free on Monday.

Heard on 5Live that a dad took his son to his first cricket game only to watch approx 30 mins cricket.

They travelled in total about 8hrs and his dad couldn't explain why his son didn't see much cricket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    Yeah, gate opens at 8.30. So me and my friends are setting out at 4.30 in the morning :eek:

Where are you going from?
    Chester. Not too far.

ReputationRep:
    There is going to be one hell of an atmosphere tomorrow at OT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Chester. Not too far.
    *******o. Getting tanked up, taking the piss out of any nearby Australians in the crowd and (hopefully) seeing England win will be worth the 4.30 start though.

ReputationRep:
    well - people who had tickets on saturday got half their money back, so that will be more than the tenner to get in...so maybe they should get to the front of the queue...
    I'm saying a declaration on 430....(in about half an hours time if they pull their fingers out )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    well - people who had tickets on saturday got half their money back, so that will be more than the tenner to get in...so maybe they should get to the front of the queue...
    Eh? I don't quite understand what you're saying..

ReputationRep:
    well...joefen claimed they should get in tomorrow for free if they had saturday tickets, but they would have got more than the £10 back on saturday, but maybe they should give those with saturday tickets priority for seats tomorrow

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.