Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    well...joefen claimed they should get in tomorrow for free if they had saturday tickets, but they would have got more than the £10 back on saturday, but maybe they should give those with saturday tickets priority for seats tomorrow
    Oh, okay. I'm glad they're not doing that.

ReputationRep:
    Wasnt aware of the tenner they got back, but the priority seats sounds like a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    they need to declare now.if they dont they are screwed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    Do be quiet. You aren't interested in England winning, you're interested in your bets, on which you have said you will only lose if there is a draw. I don't even think you know anything about cricket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeFen)
    Wasnt aware of the tenner they got back, but the priority seats sounds like a good idea.
    They got half they're money back, so could be up to £25 for some people...tis only fair!
    Maybe you should write suggesting the priority seating i doubt even despite the drama we will see tomorrow that too many people would be able to make it back though.

ReputationRep:
    Come ON LADS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    Leaving it later to declare is the right choice imo, it strikes a great balance between allowing our bowlers enough time for the possibility of a couple of wickets yet it stops their batters getting too much time to settle if the bowling doesn't go in our favour.

ReputationRep:
    Hey every1,

I've been working out for a while now and I was wondering how much evrybody else lifts cos Im worried im a bit weak for my size. I weigh 80kg but I can only bench press 100kg for 2 reps and squat 140kg for 4 reps.

What does every1 elses lifts come in at?!?

LK fwd to hearing!

ReputationRep:
    England look in a strong position, but the worlds best team batting out the day isnt impossible.

ReputationRep:
    Thats good for your weight, don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Leaving it later to declare is the right choice imo, it strikes a great balance between allowing our bowlers enough time for the possibility of a couple of wickets yet it stops their batters getting too much time to settle if the bowling doesn't go in our favour.
    I think Austrailia will not be able to win this match, they'll probably bat for a draw and get out. I'm suprised that McGrath got 5 wickets- hope it hurt his anke

ReputationRep:
    Only pietersens wicket from mcgrath was because of his own good bowling...it would have been very unlikely for him to get any of the other four under "normal" test conditions....

ReputationRep:
    so do you think england will win?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    so do you think england will win?
    I'm not sure but I think they've got a better chance of winning than drawing.

ReputationRep:
    there is a whole day left. each of the innings from single team didnt take more than a day, except england's first one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    *******o. Getting tanked up, taking the piss out of any nearby Australians in the crowd and (hopefully) seeing England win will be worth the 4.30 start though.
    Yeah well exactly, except my little brother's whined his way into being taken. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Vaughan looking good with the ball.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    there is a whole day left. each of the innings from single team didnt take more than a day, except england's first one.
    Do you know how test cricket works? Batting in the fourth innings is by far the hardest, so saying something like "England batted over a day in their first innings.. so Australia will do the same in this innings" is stupid logic (not that it couldn't happen, it's just bad logic).

ReputationRep:
    er, that's heavy! i'm not surprised you can only do a few

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    Yeah well exactly, except my little brother's whined his way into being taken. :rolleyes:
    What time are you going to get there for? Have you ever been to Old Trafford before? I'm assuming yes.. so what do you think the queue will be like at the gate at what sort of time? And do you know anywhere nearby to park?

Me and my mates are now leaving at 3.30 in the morning, lol.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.