Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i dunno...if you see gillespie going in at number 3, you will know somethings up
    Vaughan always bowls well - he would do so a lot more if it wasn't for him being captain...he caused them problems on virtually every ball...and someone who has done lara and tendulkar throught the gate is certainly worth bowling more!

(Original post by bikerx23)
    i dunno...if you see gillespie going in at number 3, you will know somethings up
    Vaughan always bowls well - he would do so a lot more if it wasn't for him being captain...he caused them problems on virtually every ball...and someone who has done lara and tendulkar throught the gate is certainly worth bowling more!
    lol! Nah, I'd except Gilchrist to be an opener over him.

He got Tendulkar out?! My God, 166, captain and got the best batsman in the world by miles out, he's going well up in my estimation.

This is the first time I've really got into cricket for ages.

Whatever happened to Atherton, Butcher, Thorpe, Stewart, Hussain, Hick, Gough etc.... they all became annoying commentators. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    but none of them as bad as tony greig....he cant commentate for toffee...
    since when does gough commentate though? you cant understand a word he says....

but none of them as bad as tony greig....he cant commentate for toffee...
    since when does gough commentate though? you cant understand a word he says....
    Only some of them commentate, those are just the names I remember s'all.... especially a series againt south africa and an Atherton vs Donald rivalry.....

But I'm just reminising, ignore me.

I think the analysis is really good, whatever his name is....

ReputationRep:
    That tendulkar ball was a beauty! right through the gate.

(Original post by IZZY!)
    However i fear that aussies may play for a draw and just defend, like Gillepsie did in 1st innings.
    That wasn't for a draw, it was to eat at our lead so they could win more easily, I can assure you.

ReputationRep:
    simon hughes? yea - he's great...
    the rest of them all just got old...if warne had done the same we would be home and dry by now...

(Original post by visesh)
    That tendulkar ball was a beauty! right through the gate.
    I hope West Indies are playing India and not Bangladesh, I love seeing India bat, though I turn off when they start bowling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    That wasn't for a draw, it was to eat at our lead so they could win more easily, I can assure you.
    ignore him...

ignore him...
    Me, or the person I was replying to?

Maybe it was for a draw then, but I see Australia as a very competative side who only think of winning, not drawing.

ReputationRep:
    ignore him...
    good call...
    he's a gambling man, and hasn't been betting on a draw, therefore draw-paranoid for the last 2 tests....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Me, or the person I was replying to?

Maybe it was for a draw then, but I see Australia as a very competative side who only think of winning, not drawing.
    the other guy, sorry.

good call...
    he's a gambling man, and hasn't been betting on a draw, therefore draw-paranoid for the last 2 tests....
    Oh, well I bet on Australia becase at least then I'd have a small comfort if we lost.

But of course I'd still rather England won, the V betting thing is lame, I have 0 points.

you can get live updates on BBC

ReputationRep:
    can anyone please explain why the umpire (Billy Bowden i think) uses a crooked finger? i've only ever seen umpires point straight fingers when signalling wickets and sixes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reloader)
    can anyone please explain why the umpire (Billy Bowden i think) uses a crooked finger? i've only ever seen umpires point straight fingers when signalling wickets and sixes.
    He's a bit of a clown really

92/1 at the moment, 40mins till Lunch. Hayden and Ponting are doing alright but I get the feeling a wicket is only round the corner, a case of when not if. Still, it's good for the series if Ponting and Hayden can bat themselves into some runs. Ponting needs a captain's knock today.

ReputationRep:
    He really annoys me that ref. He looks so smug and exagerates the movements sooo much. I think he has this obsession with making the signs exactly as the book says. Hes just soo iritating

ReputationRep:
    HE GOT HIM !!!! go flintoff
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What a cracker!

'Twas a beauty. Freddy's on fire! :eek:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.