Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Jesus Christ, you must be tiny!

Went to see the osteopath yesterday; my crap technique (I've been told time and again to fix it so it's nobody's fault but my own) has been making my long-standing shoulder injury worse over the last year so the joint is now very unstable. I have to switch sides (yay, a whole new set of blisters) or bin the sweep oar for a while and scull (hmm, sculling on the Cam in winter, no thanks).
    Ah the wonders of college rowing: its the quality coaching that sets it apart from the rest of the rowing world.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Who wins the toss will decide it. Unless ponting decides to hand us the advantage like he did at Edgbaston.

The teams are essentially equally matched as the ozzies are probably in worse form but have enough resilience that they can get out of trouble as we have seen in the last two tests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chueco)
    we had millward when we got creamed them times...

lol. you really cant wait can you???

Those games were at the start of his reign. I guess he needed a bit of time to get the team how he wanted it. I still dont think you will make the play-offs though.

How can you tell im excited.

ReputationRep:
    your all losing out!
    as are your cricketers as it happens....

ReputationRep:
    there are quite a few drawbacks for the aussies. The main thing is that ponting isnt used to shifting from plan A to plan B and then to plan C. He has been so used to winning that he just cannot think of an efficient back up plan to curb the flamboyant eng side. The english side is also young and full of effervescence. they play their heart out and give it their best and these are a bunch of cricketers who are enjoying the sunshine. Whereas the aussies...they've gone past their heydays. These are guys who have won so much that they're used to it now. And also u can see them...shoulders drooping and their face sagging. Its like they await the inevitable. But they are a classy team no doubt about that...and an injured tiger will most likely rebound back than just give up. i have a feeling the aus will bounce back...but then england look to have done their homework. John Buchanan would do better to accept his fault than go around giving statements that they've handled pieterson and flintoff. The entire english side would have read that and had a good laugh over it! So did i!

ReputationRep:
    actually I use my right hand and my right arm is quite a lot stronger than my left.. there is a correlation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gexko)
    Ah the wonders of college rowing: its the quality coaching that sets it apart from the rest of the rowing world.... :rolleyes:
    Actually, we have a bloody awesome coach (ex CUBC, ex Canadian National coach). Evil, but very good. He spotted what I was doing wrong with my shoulder on the first outing he coached me in. If I concentrate then I can get it right, but I still have a tendency to forget that sort of thing when racing; my brain can't cope with that level of thinking!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, same here, you might not that its that significant, but now the whole of my right side is bigger than my left Awful state of affairs.

ReputationRep:
    I can crush anything with my right hand.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Push ups. 20 each morning. Thats what I started doing before I could afford weights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legendkillerpr)
    Wigan have improved since Millward took over. You need to beat both Leeds and Saints to make the play-offs though. Good luck to that.

Cant believe the result against Widnes and the best bit was relegating them. Only one more game to play without Andrew Johns!!!!!!
    Considering saints' recent record at the 'stade de la crust' don't count against wigan winning this one.... again!

Even though I am confident about this one.... I have been on all ten previous visits to the pie dome aswell, but it always turns out that saints' "superstars" don't have the bottle to beat the much hungrier wigan 'kids' at the JJB...... UNFORTUNATELY!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thread closed. There is already an Ashes thread, no need for a seperate spin off.

ReputationRep:
    go down to a building site and nik some crappy bricks and use them as weights. How many scrawny ppl are there around who just do press ups every morning; answer- lots. How many scrawny brickies do you know of?

ReputationRep:
    wait a minute.

found it.

http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/derek22.htm

this was written by Derek Charlebois - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beast_7_big.jpg

of course, he didn't get there by doing the milk jug workout. read it for his current workouts and meals if you're interested. [/shameless plug]

ReputationRep:
    they might do something if you filled the bottle with lead. otherwise youre probaly wasting your time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l1ncs)
    they might do something if you filled the bottle with lead. otherwise youre probaly wasting your time
    sand will do.

ReputationRep:
    i managed it in 13.7 last year, but I dont think I warmed up well sore muscles for a lonnng time afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    only 20 press ups a day, i used to do 100 but that soon got boring ( not all in 1 block by the way, that would be quite impressive! in 4 blocks of 25) but didn't do much, it didn't make my arms much bigger just chest and shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    To me the only form of rugby worth watching is league so to me when i say rugby i mean the superior rugby league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Actually, we have a bloody awesome coach (ex CUBC, ex Canadian National coach). Evil, but very good. He spotted what I was doing wrong with my shoulder on the first outing he coached me in. If I concentrate then I can get it right, but I still have a tendency to forget that sort of thing when racing; my brain can't cope with that level of thinking!
    Oh ok, as my coach always used to say "the rower is inherently stupid."

he was a cox...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.