Turn on thread page Beta

Good result this morning for the Irish/British Lions!

ReputationRep:
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Good result this morning for the Irish/British Lions!
    It definitely had its high points for the Lions, Shane Horgan for test no12 anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Horgan is definatly in for a chance. For me one of the greatest parts of the tour so far has been the huge competition for each place, very few players are guarenteed a test start.

(Original post by louise77)
    Horgan is definatly in for a chance. For me one of the greatest parts of the tour so far has been the huge competition for each place, very few players are guarenteed a test start.
    Look at the size of the squad - it's no wonder!

ReputationRep:
    bt even wilko has now been given a run for his place, wen ppl thort he wud piss all over hodgson, cant ignore hodgson after this mornings performance

ReputationRep:
    London will win....I have a feeling they need to go to an english speaking country before France can get it.

ReputationRep:
    France has hosted them more times than England hence it's only fair that England gets to do it again.

ReputationRep:
    London appears to have narrowed the gap recently, but I still think it'll go to Paris. There just appears to be stronger home support in France and I think that's why they'll get it. I hope it does go to London, but I don't think it will.

ReputationRep:
    whens stephen jones going to get a chance?

ReputationRep:
    Er, it's hard for me to educate you about the NBA. Just go follow the games yourself. Beginning from next season, dearie. (the articles you read religiously are in my current site, you kinda make it sound as if they've ceased to exist )

Well, NBA finals coming up soon, matchup between the champions of the past two years, who's rooting for who?

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I am. In terms of the finals I don't really like either team, guess I'll be rooting for the spurs though.

ReputationRep:
    Same here, I wanted a Duncan vs Shaq Finals. That would've been insane.

But right now, I'll just sit back and enjoy everything. There's no one to root for. My fave team (Sixers) got eliminated weeks ago anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mortoman)
    I think Hodgson should have a chance to see what he can do as well.
    Well based on today's performance I'm inclined to agree with you, it seems like Hodgson has gotten over those international jitters he suffers from which can only be a damned good thing for the Lions!

ReputationRep:
    Hodgson was a class act today, he didn't put a foot wrong. Stephen Jones is going to have to be right on top of his game whenever he plays, as it is no longer only him and Wilkinson in contention for test outside half anymore. Maybe Woodward will play Jone's against New Zealand Maori on Saturday, but whoever plays, it will be the biggest test so far for the Lions, its definitely a game that can realistically be lost (with 9 recent All Blacks in the team).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oriel historian)
    Well based on today's performance I'm inclined to agree with you, it seems like Hodgson has gotten over those international jitters he suffers from which can only be a damned good thing for the Lions!
    Just look back two pages and salute me as your lord!
    Only joking...but having seen Hodgson for sale a few times, you can just see the pure class oozing out of him - his tactical kicking is second to none and his attacking and forward strategies are the best in the party...Also, his kicking from the floor and defense today - things said to be his major flaws were rock solid (ok, so his missed a pair of kicks from the touch lines, but then again jones would miss the same and wilkinson i say would be a 50/50 chance for them...)
    Also, him and cusiter (my personal tip for the no 9 spot) played superbly - his skills around the back of the scrum are reminiscent for howley and i just hope that one mistake (terrible as it was) does not cost him his spot!
    Apart from that, the back three looked good - but you cant be sure how much of that is because they play together for ireland so frequently.
    Also good to see that Corry had the slowest run in the world has ever seen....his turn of pace is ridiculously non-existant!
    Shame olly smith didn't really turn up for the game, but coming in on the crash at that pace it must be impossible to gather the ball!

ReputationRep:
    i watch the NBA when i remember .-. its interesting to watch cos personally i like playing
    dont understand all the technicalities <_<

ReputationRep:
    Been watching NBA since Michael Jordan's glory days, just before his first retirement. (that's 1993)

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been able to watch the NBA since I left Houston in 2002. Then they got Ming etc. I really have no idea what the hell is going on. So it's San Antonio and who else? Well, they're not Houston but San Antonio will have to due . GO SPURS!! Does David Robinson not play anymore? If he doesn't, that'll just show how long I've been out of it :rolleyes: Do the WNBA Comets still win the championship every year, or does nobody actually watch?

I started REALLY watching the sport since the year before Houston won the 1st championship, then they won it twice!! The dream team!! Otis Thorpe, Hakeem Olajuwon, Robert Horry, Mario Ellis, Kenny Smith. Then they started getting BIG names. Charles Barkely, Clyde Drexler. Sam Casell started too, I think the almost one the 6th man award, not sure. Scottie Pippen came for a season, but he sucked at Houston.

ReputationRep:
    You knoe, Houston only won those 2 seasons that MJ was retired. When he came back, I think the Bulls won again :rolleyes:. Not 100% sure, but I know that Houston didn't win when MJ came back as number 45.

Anyone remember when the Rockets almost beat the record for most consequtive wins. 15 or 16 games in a row or something like that?!?!

Yeah, I do miss Basketball

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.