Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO watch

ReputationRep:
    Pietersen out for 45. Dont like England's chances of scoring the 400-450 they are likely to need to be competitive

ReputationRep:
    Murray into the final qualifying round for the US Open after a 6-3 6-2 win over Paolo Lorenzi. One more win and he is in the competition proper! Come on Andy!

ReputationRep:
    yes....doesn't look too positive does it...although they aren't looking too threatened by the bowling atm...i would have rather have pietersen still in though, since i think he could make a bigger total...although freddie still has a lot of experience playing with the tail, which is exactly what will be needed.

ReputationRep:
    Well Freddies and Jones Partnership has added over 100 now
    and it's 353-5...Though I would prefer Peitersen to still be in...it's not going badly.

ReputationRep:
    well...thas logical isn't it...one more wicket lost...
    i would prefer strauss and trescothick to still be in and approaching their double centuries, but not always the case...
    its starting to look a little more positive now though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bikerx23)
    well...thas logical isn't it...one more wicket lost...
    i would prefer strauss and trescothick to still be in and approaching their double centuries, but not always the case...
    its starting to look a little more positive now though
    I think the Aussies have had some bad luck due to bad umpiring decisons, but who cares :p:

I think England will make about 500 or more, but the Aussie bowlers really need some inspiration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    I think the Aussies have had some bad luck due to bad umpiring decisons, but who cares :p:

I think England will make about 500 or more, but the Aussie bowlers really need some inspiration.
    under 500 methinks...

ReputationRep:
    over 500 was a little optimistic...maybe with the way they are going now something like 490 would be great - they're not looking too rattled...
    shame jones wasn't a centurion though...

ReputationRep:
    Would be interesting to see how well the Aussies bat now...they have been poor the whole series so far.

ReputationRep:
    lets hope this is no exception shall we....

ReputationRep:
    Get Ponting out and it should be no problem (touch wood)

ReputationRep:
    we've got to get him in first...
    also, clarke could be tricky too now that he's nearly fully fit again....

ReputationRep:
    Let's just hope that gilchrist's overdue big-innings doesn't happen anytime soon:flute:

ReputationRep:
    Wish we'd made 500 for the psychological advantage but it was still a very good score.

Gilchrist is due a reasonable innings..I'd rather it was now than in the Oval but lets just hope it doesn't happen..ever...again

ReputationRep:
    what a wicket! hoggard has owned hayden the last couple of tests and that was so amazingly bowled!
    come on for ponting first ball!

ReputationRep:
    20-1!!

ReputationRep:
    Ponting...out!

ReputationRep:
    Yeaaaassss! 21-2! Come On You Beauties!

ReputationRep:
    22-3:eek:

ReputationRep:
    um yeh. this is lookin a bit good.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.