Turn on thread page Beta

Archive SPTM/0003/REC/HPOO watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sub)
    well, I just had a look at their website fc-utd.com, and they seem to be doing pretty well. 9 points from 3 games and they top the ladder.... who knows, mabey they'll surprise everyone....
    and nearly 4500 supporters over two gates (Saturday and Wednesday) when 'Big Unted' were on telly, Metrolink and Motorways had problems-the issue is that many of us are starting to enjoy our football again-I'm looking forward to games now more than I have for many years.

ReputationRep:
    I think that the fans who set up FC United cant be true United fans. If so you wouldnt give up on the club that easily. The Glazers would not have bought the club if they were going to lose all of their money.

When the current tv deal runs out im sure the debt can be wiped out completely with United having the ability to sell the rights to whoever they want all over the world. That will be a large income.

I have never seen United play and would love to go and see them so if anyone feels the need to give up a season ticket give it to someone who is a true fan.

ReputationRep:
    I watched United for 30 years and yes, it broke my heart to give up my season ticket. And unlike the 'glory hunters' I was there when we were relegated and followed us through the second division. The mistake many people make is that they don't undertand that we still love the club, but not the way it's developed and grown. Recent events like the Glazers are the straw that broke the camels back for me. I had real problems with the PLC before. FC United is an amazing achievement, and the attitude was best summed up by one banner I saw on Wednesday - 'FC United-MUFC Exiles'. For I do feel that I have been slowly but surely driven out of Old Trafford. I have been a Manchester United supporter since I was taken to my first match at Old Trafford by my dad in 1966 and will always be one- but I can't stomach what's happened to the club I love. It's best summed up by an article in the FCUM programme, written by Stuart Brenan:

'Only when I listened to them outline what it was all about did I finally 'get it'. FC United supporters have been called "traitors", "spoilt schoolkids" and worse by so-called Reds who can't quite grasp what the Glazer mess truly means. They are none of those things. They are carrying on the best tradition of Manchester United Football Club, and many will continue to deny and oppose those who are using United for their own financial ends."

As someone who'se still contributing through Shareholders United to the Phoenix Fund to reclaim our club, and dig it out of the financial mess the Glazers will leave it in, I resent being called someone who'se not a "true united fan". I will be there to undo the damage I've warned my fellow United fans about, and have taken steps to ensure that the Phoenix Fund will be able to help. I don't decry those fans who can't stomach leaving the club they love.I know what a difficult decision it is. But please don't denigrate those of us who are the only ones about attempting to ensure that after the Glazers have had their pound of flesh, there will be a Manchester United for future generations. Atr least we're trying.

ReputationRep:
    Well the weather forcast doesnt look to good, thats all i think the Aussies can rely on, otherwise England should win. Well the positive is at least they now cant lose!

ReputationRep:
    By the way, Murray has just taken the first set in the last qualifying round for US Open against Giovanni Lapentti 6:0. He looks set on course to make it through to the actual tournament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Well the weather forcast doesnt look to good, thats all i think the Aussies can rely on, otherwise England should win. Well the positive is at least they now cant lose!
    I think the Aussie's won't be able to avoid the follow on (hopefully).

ReputationRep:
    Ozzies :pwnd:

Hell Yeah!

What a great day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    I think the Aussie's won't be able to avoid the follow on (hopefully).
    Follow on 277, they need another 178 runs and have 5 wickets left. I don't think they're gonna make it some how.

*sits back and waits for ozzies inevitable amazing resistance and english bowling collapse just to prove me wrong*

ReputationRep:
    163-8 what a catch from Strauss!

This is quality stuff!

ReputationRep:
    **** me Jonesy

ReputationRep:
    175-9 now!

This just keeps getting better and better.

ReputationRep:
    Yep the wickets keep falling, with Ghilchrist and Katich at the start, i thought they may play some sort of supr innings, but it hasnt happened. For some reason i cant seem to sit down and watch this test match.

ReputationRep:
    Massive hit from Lee there. This is brilliant to watch. It makes it so much better knowing that you can't lose the match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenbarnes)
    Massive hit from Lee there. This is brilliant to watch. It makes it so much better knowing that you can't lose the match.
    You might be forgetting Australia's 12th man... the British Weather

ReputationRep:
    218 all out!

This has become a great test for England. Already well over 200 up.

ReputationRep:
    i hope this isnt a 3 day test... it could be all over tonight... then nothin to do...

ReputationRep:
    What a cracking performance by England so far!

ReputationRep:
    was it right to enforce the follow on... we could be batting last on a pitch that could deteriorate, needing maybe 300runs to win. Would it have been better to bat, score couple of hundred runs, declare with them 450-500 behind, and then have a day and a half to bowl them out? what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    are we enforcing the follow on?

well done that man Strauss.... superman's catch, according to Michael Slater!

ReputationRep:
    http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/NEW/LIVE/f...29AUG2005.html

CricInfo's live ashes scorecard... updated after every ball.

Very good.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 28, 2006
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.